B4 cabins on Marina

Hawaiidan

I am trying to decide on what B-4 is the best . The 7009/8 at the front of the ship, looking aft or the 7108/7109 looking foward.

Has anyone experienced these and do the aft 7108-9 cabins seem to get more wind than the foward ones. The position of the partition would seem to be an air scoop.. or is it?

Planing a 30 day cruise.

I am trying to decide on what B-4 is the best . The 7009/8 at the front of the ship, looking aft or the 7108/7109 looking foward.

Has anyone experienced these and do the aft 7108-9 cabins seem to get more wind than the foward ones. The position of the partition would seem to be an air scoop.. or is it?

Planing a 30 day cruise.

For my money, none of those four staterooms is the way to go, as they are all VERY windy and gave me the distinct impression of being onstage.

All of those extended Deck 7 verandas are very damp for a number of reasons.

110805.jpg110530.jpg

IF you were to choose a B4 cabin, if not choosing an one of the extended ones, which one would you choose?

Other than the extended balconies, aren't they all the same?

The cabins are the same just depth of balcony & location are different

We were in 7114 ...did not bother us to be overlooked

YMMV

The cabins are the same just depth of balcony & location are different

YMMV

We are in 7114 as well, but on the Riviera. Did you like that cabin?

I figured the foward cabins would not be as windy. You mention damp is that because of the sea spray or them washing down the upper ship or do upper deck skuppers drain on that deck ?

The rest of the cabins hold no alure for me as they are all the same veranda... The trip I will be doing is lima to London in May/June. I am too wondering the merit of having a veranda at all north of NY to London

Thanks for the pictures...

125403.jpg

7114, being in the middle of the run of extended verandas would not be an issue.

It is the corner cabins, which are the ones that the OP was asking about, which can feel very exposed (both to wind AND neighboring cabins).

165911.jpg

7114, being in the middle of the run of extended verandas would not be an issue.

It is the corner cabins, which are the ones that the OP was asking about, which can feel very exposed (both to wind AND neighboring cabins).

I was replying to messages #3 & #5

Planing a 30 day cruise.

I believe that the exposed-rail cabins looking forward are 7108 & 7111, not 7109. Regarding the wind, there would be more privacy/shelter toward the cabin door. Click on the 'Search' you will find a few post on these cabins. I would think the larger balcony might be a bonus.2005-01-04%2009.01.03.jpg

Thanks for the photo - I may be sitting on that balcony 2 weeks from now. We booked the first one on the other side 7111 on the Riviera in February for the Caribbean. I am willing to give up the privacy to have the forward and side view.

Thanks for the photo - I may be sitting on that balcony 2 weeks from now. We booked the first one on the other side 7111 on the Riviera in February for the Caribbean. I am willing to give up the privacy to have the forward and side view.

Enjoy your view, just keep looking away from the ship.

Because of the position of that veranda, it is a little too easy to see into a number of your neighbors cabins. :eek:

Because of the position of that veranda, it is a little too easy to see into a number of your neighbors cabins. :eek:

To me...I would not book cabins 7109-7105 because the passengers on the balcony of cabin 7111 would be staring right at my balcony and right into my cabin.

Sure hope they are wearing clothes - LOL

To me...I would not book cabins 7109-7105 because the passengers on the balcony of cabin 7111 would be staring right at my balcony and right into my cabin.

We were assigned 7111 on the Marina for our Tahiti cruise next January. While happy to have the extended balcony, especially in warm Polynesia, I am a little worried about my privacy and the privacy of other. I booked a B4 guarantee, so I have little say in the assignment.

I read this in another thread...

"However, you may hear excessive noise from a crew elevator across the hall -- we did, in 7108 -- it may not reach 7110."

and

"There were no noise issues from anywhere other than that crew elevator, which seemed to set up a resonance through the very structure of our cabin. It may have been remedied."

Does anyone know 1st hand about this on Riviera?? If you are not a light sleeper, you might never hear this noise, but for me, it would be a problem, I am a VERY light sleeper.

Is this JUST on the port side, or would it be on the starboard side as well?

I am very sensitive to noise, so ANY advice to which B4's would be the "quietest" would be really, really helpful. (especially the extended balconies)

Thanks!

I read this in another thread...

"However, you may hear excessive noise from a crew elevator across the hall -- we did, in 7108 -- it may not reach 7110."

and

"There were no noise issues from anywhere other than that crew elevator, which seemed to set up a resonance through the very structure of our cabin. It may have been remedied."

Does anyone know 1st hand about this on Riviera?? If you are not a light sleeper, you might never hear this noise, but for me, it would be a problem, I am a VERY light sleeper.

Is this JUST on the port side, or would it be on the starboard side as well?

I am very sensitive to noise, so ANY advice to which B4's would be the "quietest" would be really, really helpful. (especially the extended balconies)

Thanks!

I am not sure on the Riviera but on our Marina cruise they had the doors to the hallways open on both side of the crew elevator /staircase

We sometimes heard noise from there when in the hallway but we were just down a bit in 7114 so did not hear anything inside the cabin

I am a light sleeper so I hear everything ;)

Maybe one further back would work better for you

Lyn

I am not sure on the Riviera but on our Marina cruise they had the doors to the hallways open on both side of the crew elevator /staircase

We sometimes heard noise from there when in the hallway but we were just down a bit in 7114 so did not hear anything inside the cabin

I am a light sleeper so I hear everything ;)

Maybe one further back would work better for you

Lyn

Thanks! Is the crew elevator exactly across from 7108? Does it go through to the starboard side too?

I'm looking at 7114 7116 port side and 7119 and 7125 starboard.

Anyone have ANY opinions about these regarding noise?

Kimanjo - why not get a portable white noise machine? I too am very sensitive to noise, either in hallways or from other cabins. Since buying my 'travelling' white noise machine, I have had no problems with noise. I bought it online and it came with a US plug. I'm in the UK so I use it with a UK adaptor.

Kimanjo - why not get a portable white noise machine? I too am very sensitive to noise, either in hallways or from other cabins. Since buying my 'travelling' white noise machine, I have had no problems with noise. I bought it online and it came with a US plug. I'm in the UK so I use it with a UK adaptor.

I have one (Sleepmate). which I travel with, and I travel with earplugs too! I do all I can to be prepared, I just am very sensitive to noise. I dont mind an even din, but slamming of doors and elevator noise keeps me awake. I dont sleep much about 5 hours a night or so, so what little sleep I get, has to be good!!!

Thanks! Is the crew elevator exactly across from 7108? Does it go through to the starboard side too?

I'm looking at 7114 7116 port side and 7119 and 7125 starboard.

Anyone have ANY opinions about these regarding noise?

I am not sure what cabins it is exactly across from but it is a stairway, large landing & elevator the hall doors open both sides of the area into the passenger hallways

As I said we were in 7114 & never heard anything from the area

Lyn

We sometimes heard noise from there when in the hallway

If there were a poll, I'd vote to keep those crew doors closed as a matter of course and opened only as needed.

Archived