Anyone sailing on 3/3/13 or has sailed to South America?

madepaz

Hello everyone,

I am so excited to be going on the March 3rd sailing on the Celebrity Infinity to South America. Is anyone going on that sailing or has anyone been on a South American cruise? I have been looking at the tours available through Celebrity and they have a lot to offer but I always prefer local tours because I think it gives me an opportunity to hear another perspective of what life at that port is like. Any recommendation regarding tours, especially on seeing penguins, and "must see or do" ideas are really appreciated.

Happy Sailing,:)

Melissa

Hello everyone,

I am so excited to be going on the March 3rd sailing on the Celebrity Infinity to South America. Is anyone going on that sailing or has anyone been on a South American cruise? I have been looking at the tours available through Celebrity and they have a lot to offer but I always prefer local tours because I think it gives me an opportunity to hear another perspective of what life at that port is like. Any recommendation regarding tours, especially on seeing penguins, and "must see or do" ideas are really appreciated.

Happy Sailing,:)

Melissa

Just be aware that you are very late seeing many penguins. They are usually gone in large part by the first of March. They spend about 5 months on land and 7 months at sea. Usually arrive about the first part of November, the chicks are born in December and once the chicks can swim and feed themselves, the mass migration happens. Just an FYI

Been on 3 Infinity South America cruises and spend about 2 months every year in South America for business.

Just be aware that you are very late seeing many penguins. They are usually gone in large part by the first of March. They spend about 5 months on land and 7 months at sea. Usually arrive about the first part of November, the chicks are born in December and once the chicks can swim and feed themselves, the mass migration happens. Just an FYI

Been on 3 Infinity South America cruises and spend about 2 months every year in South America for business.

Great am,

Sorry for the off topic...

Can you give me any tips on flights?

If you don't want to answer here, my email is tracie at carolina dot rr dot com.

Thank you.

I saw several penguins near Ushuaia in early April a few years ago, but it was definitely past the peak. Some types migrate north, others stay south.

Archived