I am making a list of places....

Bell Ringer

that we haven't visited probably because they are off the main bus routes..

Which ones should we really try to visit on the next trip?

Verdmont

Devonshire Bay Park

Art House

Palm Grove Gardens

BUEI

Scaur Hill Fort

Waterville

Any advice is appreciated.

that we haven't visited probably because they are off the main bus routes..

Which ones should we really try to visit on the next trip?

Verdmont

Devonshire Bay Park

Art House

Palm Grove Gardens

BUEI

Scaur Hill Fort

Waterville

Any advice is appreciated.

Look up the threads from I believe the name is SailBadTheSinner... very informative on Bermuda. Helped me with many questions, as dumb as some of mine were :o

I really don't want to repeat the same places we have visited before in Bermuda ( 5 trips), so I was looking for help on "off the main roads" suggestions. Can any of you locals help with comments? Thanks a heap.

I like Verdmont. It isn't huge and doesn't take a long time to see, but the view from up on the hilltop is beautiful. The house catches the breeze, and you can see why someone would build a home there. The guide who was there the last time we visited told us a lot of Bermuda history. One of the bus routes that goes along the south shore climbs the hill and has a stop very near to Verdmont, so you won't have to hike up the hill.

I don't know what you mean by Art House, but have you been to the art gallery in the Botanic Gardens? That's fairly new and well worth a visit.

DH like BUEI. I didn't go, so I can't comment on that.

I've been to BUEI a few times and it is interesting. They have a lot of exhibits of stuff recovered from shipwrecks, and on underwater exploration in general. It's easy to get to from Hamilton.

I drive by the Art House every day going to/from work, but I've never been inside. It is a private art studio, easy to get to on the #7 bus near the entrance to Bermuda College. Their website is arthousebermuda.com.

Fort Scaur is a nice place to stop while on a tour because you can get some nice views of the west end, but it's unattended and would only take 15 minutes to see all there is to see there.

I've been here 15 years and I've never heard of Waterville or Palm Grove Gardens.

I've been to BUEI a few times and it is interesting. They have a lot of exhibits of stuff recovered from shipwrecks, and on underwater exploration in general. It's easy to get to from Hamilton.

I drive by the Art House every day going to/from work, but I've never been inside. It is a private art studio, easy to get to on the #7 bus near the entrance to Bermuda College. Their website is arthousebermuda.com.

Fort Scaur is a nice place to stop while on a tour because you can get some nice views of the west end, but it's unattended and would only take 15 minutes to see all there is to see there.

I've been here 15 years and I've never heard of Waterville or Palm Grove Gardens.

Waterville: http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda2_0000f7.htm

Palm Grove Gardens : http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda2_000091.htm

I've never been to either, so I can't comment about them.

To Mystic cruisers and njhorseman: you have been most helpful, especially referring me to the informative places to read. That will probably give me more questions after studying!

I am just hunting for some ideas that most tourists don't get to see. Any other suggestions are always appreciated and I will consider them.:)

Archived