Notifications on CC

picklebongo

I have many notifications on cc "friend requests". What exactly does that mean? If I accept a requests, does that mean they would be friends on my fb page and if not, where would we be exchanging messages? I don't get what it means on cc. Can someone please explain this?

Friends and Contacts

What is the difference between a friend and a contact?

A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.

A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?

Your friends and contacts are displayed on the 'Contacts and Friends' page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?

There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.

The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.

If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking 'Add Friend'.

To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the 'Accept' button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select 'Reject' instead.

Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.

From your 'Contacts and Friends' page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.

In your 'Profile Page', click 'Friends' and then click 'Break Friendship' next to the user's name.

In the other person's profile, click 'Friends' then find your username and click 'Break Friendship'.

Nice to think that others think enough of you to be your friend but no feature here to do anything else with that.

Cant even message each other. Its a totally useless feature as far as I can tell. Maybe one day it will do something I keep hoping, like you can PM or something.

Right now .. its a "like" button such as facebook has for messages.

Cant even message each other. Its a totally useless feature as far as I can tell. Maybe one day it will do something I keep hoping, like you can PM or something.

Right now .. its a "like" button such as facebook has for messages.

nah. the closest thing to fb book is not "like", but reviewing someone's friend list.

but the best thing about this feature is getting an added layer of that poster's personality, just seeing who their friends are. are they all cheerleaders, or all trolls? do they associate with the helpful posters, or the other trouble makers, including those that no longer post here.

These post were all very helpful. Since there is no point in responding to friend request, I won't. I read thru everything and thought I was just missing something in regards to messaging folks privately, but now I get it. Thanks for the info.

I have many notifications on cc "friend requests". What exactly does that mean? If I accept a requests, does that mean they would be friends on my fb page and if not, where would we be exchanging messages? I don't get what it means on cc. Can someone please explain this?

Another "you" thread and I highly doubt it hehehehe

Another "you" thread and I highly doubt it hehehehe

Please stop being so mean-spirited! All you do is discourage others from asking perfectly legitimate questions for fear of being put down by faceless bullies! If you don't like her post, or think it's suspect, move on to the next thread... by CC's count there are over 20,000 active threads just on the Carnival site to read!

Please stop being so mean-spirited! All you do is discourage others from asking perfectly legitimate questions for fear of being put down by faceless bullies! If you don't like her post, or think it's suspect, move on to the next thread... by CC's count there are over 20,000 active threads just on the Carnival site to read!

Friends and Contacts

What is the difference between a friend and a contact?

A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.

A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?

Your friends and contacts are displayed on the 'Contacts and Friends' page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?

There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.

The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.

If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking 'Add Friend'.

To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the 'Accept' button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select 'Reject' instead.

Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.

From your 'Contacts and Friends' page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.

In your 'Profile Page', click 'Friends' and then click 'Break Friendship' next to the user's name.

In the other person's profile, click 'Friends' then find your username and click 'Break Friendship'.

Wow thank you so much for this info..I had no clue either and always wondered.

I agree that it is a useless feature. At 1st I thought it would give you acess to at least their email address. But no it doesn't unless it is in their profile pg. I personally am not going to send friend requests just so I can see who else they are friends with.

I dont know about anyone else.. but the notification for a friend request is the same as when mods give a slap on the hand. I always have a heart attack when I see the notification pending... Im thinking "not again"

Now that is funny......... Since I know the feeling:eek:

ok.. I admit that was mean.

pickle..I'm sorry.

I got caught up in people telling others what they should do ( which irks me)

and latched onto pickle for some reason. Not a reason for being mean so again I'm sorry.

Apology accepted.

Archived