Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

So obviously most of the cabin talk here seems to be about the aft staterooms, but with all due respect (and in all honesty I've done an aft and still don't really understand the draw of the aft cabins, but to each his own) I'd like to try to shift the conversation to what looks to be a truly unique balcony experience on this ship, and that is the M6 stateroom. These are of course the mini-suites with large balconies, of which there are 22 such staterooms on this ship. Honestly I'm blown away that more hasn't been made of these, not so much because of the cabins themselves, but really because (and I could be wrong on this) but to me these look to be some of the first balconies that give a truly outside-looking-in feel to a balcony, in exactly the same way as the Oceanfront is providing this feel for the first time on Breakaway. They look to be very glassed-in (if that makes sense) which would afford an extremely open feel compared to traditional cabins. I know some folks have made comments that they feel too "exposed", but then again, do you spend the extra coin on a balcony cabin for the view or for privacy?? At any rate, I'm extremely thrilled to see one of these first hand, and I've become very confident that these will yield one of the most unique balcony experiences available on a cruise ship. And for the record, here's our balcony for the 5/19 sailing :cool::cool::cool: :

ueberfuehrung20-vi-Edit-Editcopy_zps008a2803.jpg

Well lets see the very first picture that I pointed out was the one of person who was new to cruising and was confused with where his cabin was. So naturally I wanted to help him so he/she could know where the cabin was. Then a few people with aft cabins asked and I did the same for them. I was curious as well, since it is fairly simple to see where it is. But no biggie, if someone takes the time to ask for help, I take the time to help the to :). My guess is that some might want to show friends where there cabin is, or something for that matter.

As for what is the draw for the aft balconies? well to be honest I am not even sure myself, this will be our very first aft balcony and we are curious how it will be. The reason why we booked it was because we love being in the aft of the ship, it is one of our favorite places in the ship. And this seemed like a good vessel to try out that type of balcony, am I worried about a few factors? sure I am, but we are willing to try it out and see what it is all about.

On the note of your room, I might say that the main thing that I look for when I am booking a room is that they have a clear view downwards or at least near to clear. Most of breakaway is obstructed in that respect, except your cabins, so that is a big selling point there. But at the same time let me tell you why I did not book them (I almost did). I am a bit scared of the noise from the theater and the privacy matter with the possibly glass enclosure. But like you said, to each their own, that might be the main selling point to some.

By the way are you on cabin crawl? if so I am looking forward to visiting your cabin and maybe get some picture for my Review, if possible? So far we have a lot of cabins, including a fwd heaven suite. Yours would be great to have.

Some of you asked for detailed views of the aft cabins. Here is a set of photos in quite high resolution. So you should scroll vertically or horizontally to find you cabin. If you need the highest possible resolution just contact me:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=281

Andreas

Thank you so very much Andreas, we really needed those.

Wow. Thank you for those great aft shots. I have an aft suite and took deck 14 because it was originally classified as a forward suite(?) and priced a few hundred less then the other aft suite deck cabins. It is now included in the aft suite category so no more price difference.

Love the aft because of the great view and the protection from the weather. If it rains you can still sit outside and relax in aft cabins.

The interior pic on website looks like a window midway up from tub to ceiling. Looking at deck 14 from outside these cabins look like window above tub next to sliding door is smaller like a port hole OR is it just partially boarded up at this point. If anyone has pics of these closer outside or eventually from inside would greatly appreciate seeing them. Thank you so much!

Nice pictures

But I thought the Manhattan room was going to be 2 stories like on Epic. Doesnt the ceiling look very low?

I could be wrong here, but from my understanding only the middle part is two stories high. On the side is is the regular height as 2 specialty dining venues sit on top, Moderno and Cagney's.

Some of you asked for detailed views of the aft cabins. Here is a set of photos in quite high resolution. So you should scroll vertically or horizontally to find you cabin. If you need the highest possible resolution just contact me:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=281

Andreas

Mr. Depping, your pictures are fabulous. Thank you so much for posting them. I'm in a suite 12904 and that balcony looks huge, I'm so excited.:)

We are staying in the haven and from the pics it looks like it is full covered by a canopy. is this the case? and does anyone know if that structure can open/close?

To my understanding, it opens and closes depends on the weather condition.

We are staying in the haven and from the pics it looks like it is full covered by a canopy. is this the case? and does anyone know if that structure can open/close?

If you look at the pictures you will see a large section that can be opened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I have looked at Google earth and it appears the ships back in to the dock. Since the Breakaway spends soooooo much time at dock, I think room selection should include what you want to look at while in at Kings Warf. With this in mind, I am selecting a port side room so I can see the ocean and not have to listen to port noise at night.

I have not over-nighted in Bermuda before... Is this a consideration?

Archived