Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Why do say that they will be forever grateful?

My current suite balcony has a PH balcony directly adjacent just aft of mine. My smoke might go directly onto their balcony. The suite I hope to switch to has the bathroom windows (flush with the edges of the balcony) on either side, so no directly adjacent balcony for the smoke to drift into. It's amazing what we smokers go through to try to affect others as little as possible :D. Of course, the people in that adjacent PH might have been smokers themselves....

Robin

My current suite balcony has a PH balcony directly adjacent just aft of mine. My smoke might go directly onto their balcony. The suite I hope to switch to has the bathroom windows (flush with the edges of the balcony) on either side, so no directly adjacent balcony for the smoke to drift into. It's amazing what we smokers to through to try to affect others as little as possible :D.

Robin

That is actually very nice of you :)

I think you're right....each newbuild seems to be in a race to out-wow the competition. Kind of like Las Vegas at sea. Anyone been on the 'wheel' atop the Stratosphere hotel? Looks like sooner or later, someone will have the first roller coaster at sea. Some newbuilds have a water slide that comes close....

Said this in another thread. I know RCCL has legions of fans. But, having been on the Allure of the Seas for my last cruise, it's like they are doing their best to turn the ships, not into a cruise, but into an upscale mall experience.

Now, they're turning them into amusement parks. Only, there aren't nearly as many rides.

What's the point in doing the cruise if that's the experience they're focusing on? They could have docked the ship somewhere and just let people wander around with the stores and rides.

The most telling perspective came when I overheard someone in the promenade waiting to get some pizza..."I haven't seen the water in two days.":eek:

Again, I can go to an amusement park, or a mall, and find better of each in any major city.

I am excited about Breakaway's "Waterfront". It looks classy and is, IMHO, what cruising should be about.

I just ordered my Bar setup and reserved 3 of our 4 restaurants.

Hey gambee, for the bar set up (and I think I read this in the 5/19 thread but wanted to confirm since you just did it), did you just call the standard NCL customer service line and pay via credit card? I'm planning to do the same, likely tonight or tomorrow, and I plan to do a bar setup for myself, plus a bottle of wine and the cheese/bread plate for sail away. Incidentally I'm going to get a bottle of rum and Pepsi to go with it, though I will probably bring additional cola in he suitcase since the 3 cans that I've heard they give you as a "mixer" AIN'T gonna do it when it comes to finishing a 1L bottle ;)

My current suite balcony has a PH balcony directly adjacent just aft of mine. My smoke might go directly onto their balcony. The suite I hope to switch to has the bathroom windows (flush with the edges of the balcony) on either side, so no directly adjacent balcony for the smoke to drift into. It's amazing what we smokers go through to try to affect others as little as possible :D. Of course, the people in that adjacent PH might have been smokers themselves....

Robin

Fishbait - you are truly a considerate person:)

Sdmike it might be growing on you because the Statue of Liberty is blocked. When I saw it I said "hmmm it's not that bad" then I realized why...

Yeah the seemingly floating or decapitated Statue of Liberty...and actually I think that's the part that I don't like about the whole hull art - the fact that the Liberty head is just floating out there. Imagine if it were, for example, the top 1/3rd of the statue, with the outstretched arm, that would have fit a bit more. Now the Lady's head is floating like a damn planet out in space, that to me is the part that is odd about the whole thing. Oh well!

Hey gambee, for the bar set up (and I think I read this in the 5/19 thread but wanted to confirm since you just did it), did you just call the standard NCL customer service line and pay via credit card? I'm planning to do the same, likely tonight or tomorrow, and I plan to do a bar setup for myself, plus a bottle of wine and the cheese/bread plate for sail away. Incidentally I'm going to get a bottle of rum and Pepsi to go with it, though I will probably bring additional cola in he suitcase since the 3 cans that I've heard they give you as a "mixer" AIN'T gonna do it when it comes to finishing a 1L bottle ;)

I called this number 1-800-327-7030 and placed the order, you pay via credit card. I also plan on brining my favorite juice to mix with my vodka.

I am still undecided if I should purchase another bottle or not...

Robin

Well in all honestly I think you are in the minority of smokers, at least that I know or have met, that would actually try to be especially considerate that way. In my experience most others would have the attitude "I have the right to smoke if an area that is technically smoker-friendly, if you don't like it, deal with it or go somewhere else". So kudos to you on that! ;)

I called this number 1-800-327-7030 and placed the order, you pay via credit card. I also plan on brining my favorite juice to mix with my vodka.

I am still undecided if I should purchase another bottle or not...

Awesome, thanks very much kind sir :D.

And yeah I'm thinking the one bottle of rum should be adequate for me, only for making a quick drink or two before heading out to dinner and/or a show, not like I'm going to be sitting in the room drinking one after another (unless the weather is miserable and I slip into a mid-cruise depression, lol). We're bringing 2 bottle of wine ourselves for the Mrs. to sip on since she isn't a rum drinker, and the bottle of wine we're ordering is for sailaway to go with the cheese plate (oddly, NCL offers wine, and a wine/fruit plate, but not a wine/cheese plate).

Oh by the way - with NCL's bar service is the bottle/mixers meant to be in the room when you arrive, is that the deal essentially?

For those that are deciding whether to bring additional soda for mixers - if you don't want to haul the extra weight, the soda cans in the minibars are only about $2.25, so not too bad. I personally drink only Mexican Coke (or maybe the new retro Pepsi, havent tried it yet) so I bring some to mix, plus fresh lemonade, but for those who don't care, it's not too expensive to purchase in the cabin. What I do bring are Solo cups, so I can make a LARGE drink to carry around lol. Thanks for the reminder, need to order my bar setup!

Robin

Awesome, thanks very much kind sir :D.

And yeah I'm thinking the one bottle of rum should be adequate for me, only for making a quick drink or two before heading out to dinner and/or a show, not like I'm going to be sitting in the room drinking one after another (unless the weather is miserable and I slip into a mid-cruise depression, lol). We're bringing 2 bottle of wine ourselves for the Mrs. to sip on since she isn't a rum drinker, and the bottle of wine we're ordering is for sailaway to go with the cheese plate (oddly, NCL offers wine, and a wine/fruit plate, but not a wine/cheese plate).

Oh by the way - with NCL's bar service is the bottle/mixers meant to be in the room when you arrive, is that the deal essentially?

Yes, they are usually in your cabin when you arrive or soon after. We have had a few occasions where bar setup or wine hasn't arrived until after sail away, once the next day, but its usually there right away. Mixers may take a bit longer, haven't had them yet.

For those that are deciding whether to bring additional soda for mixers - if you don't want to haul the extra weight, the soda cans in the minibars are only about $2.25, so not too bad. I personally drink only Mexican Coke (or maybe the new retro Pepsi, havent tried it yet) so I bring some to mix, plus fresh lemonade, but for those who don't care, it's not too expensive to purchase in the cabin. What I do bring are Solo cups, so I can make a LARGE drink to carry around lol. Thanks for the reminder, need to order my bar setup!

Robin

For us it is not about the money (well money is always something to consider), but in this case it is different. Mom explicitly drinks coke, a meal without coke for her is not a meal (I know, lol). On our other cruises we had the soda package and it worked great, I personally like pepsi, but she doesn't.

Any idea if the minibar has cranberry juice? although they should supply me with some by purchasing the bottle of vodka.

Well in all honestly I think you are in the minority of smokers, at least that I know or have met, that would actually try to be especially considerate that way. In my experience most others would have the attitude "I have the right to smoke if an area that is technically smoker-friendly, if you don't like it, deal with it or go somewhere else". So kudos to you on that! ;)

I don't like confrontation but want to enjoy my balcony too, so I find its the easiest solution to pre-plan. I think most smokers are basically considerate, but have been backed into a corner with very limited places to smoke, so sometimes they just fight back..

Robin

Robin

I think what I'll likely do is bring a 6-pack of plastic Coke bottles, which I prefer because at least with a bottle if I only wanted enough for one drink I can cap it an it won't go flat for next time :)

For us it is not about the money (well money is always something to consider), but in this case it is different. Mom explicitly drinks coke, a meal without coke for her is not a meal (I know, lol). On our other cruises we had the soda package and it worked great, I personally like pepsi, but she doesn't.

Any idea if the minibar has cranberry juice? although they should supply me with some by purchasing the bottle of vodka.

If nothing else cranberry juice is available on the room service breakfast menu, stock up ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Yeah the seemingly floating or decapitated Statue of Liberty...and actually I think that's the part that I don't like about the whole hull art - the fact that the Liberty head is just floating out there. Imagine if it were, for example, the top 1/3rd of the statue, with the outstretched arm, that would have fit a bit more. Now the Lady's head is floating like a damn planet out in space, that to me is the part that is odd about the whole thing. Oh well!

Maybe Pluto ACTUALLY looks like Lady Liberty's head and that is the true reason why it lost its planet status.....

Have a friend who just booked the May 12th sailing. He was shocked by how many cabins were left. All the studios were sold out but their are still a lot of everything else left. Maybe their are more people like myself and my wife, booked for September, time enough to cancel if we don't like the reviews

Have a friend who just booked the May 12th sailing. He was shocked by how many cabins were left. All the studios were sold out but their are still a lot of everything else left

My TA just told me that they have a lot of sales on the may 12th cruise. Maybe I will do a back to back :)

Have a friend who just booked the May 12th sailing. He was shocked by how many cabins were left. All the studios were sold out but their are still a lot of everything else left

And that is my theory in hoping for an upgrade room the inside room I have booked on the May 12th sailing. LOL :D

I just ordered my Bar setup and reserved 3 of our 4 restaurants.

Blue cannot be booked online for 2 people so that will have to wait until I board the ship. I have to admit that I was a little bummed about that since I really did not feel like boarding and running to Blue to make a reservation. But at least the other 3 venues are taken care off. So it is a quick jump to Blue and then exploring the ship :)

NCL can you fix this?

Hi Gambee,

First of all thank you for sharing so much wonderful information, as a lurker I really appreaciate it. :D:D

Wanted to let you know that my other half was able to book Ocean Blue for the two of us, he did this by calling NCL. Give that a try before you plan a mad dash on boarding day.

Hope this helps.

Hi Gambee,

First of all thank you for sharing so much wonderful information, as a lurker I really appreaciate it. :D:D

Wanted to let you know that my other half was able to book Ocean Blue for the two of us, he did this by calling NCL. Give that a try before you plan a mad dash on boarding day.

Hope this helps.

I did call them :(, the online system is a mess right now and the only way I could book he other 3 was by calling.

I think I am going to try calling during the upcoming weeks and see if I manage to get it done. It is not a deal breaker, but it seems like every time I board a ship I end up rushing to the specialty venues to get my reservations right and I am growing tired of it.

In the other cases I was forced to do that, due they were packages. I was looking forward to not have to do that aboard Breakaway since I am not booking a package.

Thank you for the heads up.

Archived