Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Here is a link to the company that makes the machines. Have used them primarily on Celebrity and RCCL. Great addition to NCL. Basically, they are set up to do a one ounce, 2.5 or 5-ounce pour.

http://www.enomatic.com/default.asp?catIDPadre=33&catID=34&NewsLan=MONDO

I was amazed how many they had on the (Celebrity) Reflection. They must have had 30-40 bottles available in Cellar Masters. It's a great way to sample wines - we discovered a couple we really enjoyed.

Tom

So I just realized, now that so many high quality and very detailed photo galleries of Breakaway have hit the web, it does not appear that the Sabrett's hot dog carts are on board yet. I guess maybe I called it after all, and that NCL won't have the carts until Breakaway is in NYC. Sucks for the transatlantic passengers, but not for the rest of us :D

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I've been looking for the hot dog cart too! We should just have them wheel the hot dog cart to your balcony and have a party, lol.

I was amazed how many they had on the (Celebrity) Reflection. They must have had 30-40 bottles available in Cellar Masters. It's a great way to sample wines - we discovered a couple we really enjoyed.

Tom

At least that many, if not more! We just came off the Reflection a couple of weeks ago and had a great time in Cellar Masters. Ari took care of us. Loved all the choices.

Have come up with a few questions for those onboard now... apologies if these have been asked before.

1. How long do you get to spend in the Ice Bar for the $20 charge? Has it been busy enough to form a long line? How many people are allowed in at one time?

2. La Cucina and Bistro. Could someone please post a menu for these?

3. For dining on the Waterfront, we currently have a reservation for La Cucina but would really love to get a table out on the walkway. Can someone report in on how this works? Luck of the draw? Special request of the maître d? Simply wait for table to open?

4. Music....nobody has really mentioned the musicians or bands yet. Any favorites or recommendations?

5. Just read that the theatre is small? True? Are there any balcony seats in theatre? Can't see any in photos.

ok...that should settle my curiosity for now.

Thank you all and

hello to Barbara and Lynne, fellow June 9-ers!

Have come up with a few questions for those onboard now... apologies if these have been asked before.

1. How long do you get to spend in the Ice Bar for the $20 charge? Has it been busy enough to form a long line? How many people are allowed in at one time?

2. La Cucina and Bistro. Could someone please post a menu for these?

3. For dining on the Waterfront, we currently have a reservation for La Cucina but would really love to get a table out on the walkway. Can someone report in on how this works? Luck of the draw? Special request of the maître d? Simply wait for table to open?

4. Music....nobody has really mentioned the musicians or bands yet. Any favorites or recommendations?

5. Just read that the theatre is small? True? Are there any balcony seats in theatre? Can't see any in photos.

ok...that should settle my curiosity for now.

Thank you all and

hello to Barbara and Lynne, fellow June 9-ers!

I'm not on the current sailing, but can tell you from being on the Epic, you get 45 mins in the Ice Bar and you need a reservation to go in. I don't remember how many people are allowed in, I want to say it was around 15-20 people.

The theater is small compared to other NCL ships and there is no balcony.

This is the menu of La Cucina from the Epic. Usually the menu's are the same on each ship

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Menu-Italian-Epic-110112.pdf

and the same for Le Bistro

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/18374_BISTRO%20Epic%20web.pdf

Sam Allen's band at Fat Cats is a must see. He was very popular on the Epic.

I'm not on the current sailing, but can tell you from being on the Epic, you get 45 mins in the Ice Bar and you need a reservation to go in. I don't remember how many people are allowed in, I want to say it was around 15-20 people.

This is the menu of La Cucina from the Epic. Usually the menu's are the same on each ship

Sliceoflife...YOU ROCK! Thank you and have fun!!!

I've been looking for the hot dog cart too! We should just have them wheel the hot dog cart to your balcony and have a party, lol.

Hey they're gonna have 3 of them, so they probably wouldn't mind if we carried out little "relocation of resources" for those as well ;)

Here is something interesting that Cubechick posted on her blog today.

"One of my fellow travelers was told by Ruth that it is only for this sailing that Vibe will be open to suite guests. Going forward Haven residents will have to buy a Vibe pass like everyone else. Given the prices they are charging for the suites on the Breakaway, I hope this rumor will prove false!"

We always put our mom(86) and aunt(81) in the kids bedroom and we have just always left the bed on bottom and top made up. But from the photos it looks like the bed is in the middle of the room so if you have to crawl over it every time to get to the bathroom that would be very inconvenient. From the looks of the photo maybe we just won't make up the whole bottom bed, just leave it as a twin for aunt Shirley that way they still have enough room to move around during the day. They always have plenty of room to move around but this is a completely different set up. Will see in about 25 more days!!!!!

Oh good to see this as my aunt and mum were wanting to share that room too and of similar ages and it was concerning me a bit. I look forward to seeing your pics of it set up!

We will see how it plays out, can't complain we sail her. But I do see how NCL chooses to accommodate a good portion of lido deck for heaven passengers, this has been something I am not a big fan of. Then again if I was lucky enough to be sailing in those rooms I would not be complaining. I guess it all comes with the territory.

Just like those who expect (quite rightfully) to have sufficient furniture on a large balcony that they paid extra for, the Haven guests are paying a LOT more for those additional facilities.

I am digging deep and biting the bullet to cruise in the Haven this time but there is no way I would pay the price I am without those exclusive use facilities.

I've cruised at different levels and I figure we choose each time to pay for the luxury/facilities we want for each cruise so I do not begrudge anyone for the extras they have.

I have booked a much less luxurious cabin for my B2B on Royal Princess and plan to spend the money for the extras, Spa, Sanctuary etc etc I actually like that I have a choice.

I'm not trying to be critical, just saying it is the same as the balcony debate on a larger scale. :cool:

"One of my fellow travelers was told by Ruth that it is only for this sailing that Vibe will be open to suite guests. Going forward Haven residents will have to buy a Vibe pass like everyone else. Given the prices they are charging for the suites on the Breakaway, I hope this rumor will prove false!"

I just put the question on the NCL Ask & answer page, will keep you posted.

OK I gonna say it. If you have the $ for a suite, you have the $ for a Vibe pass.

Hey they're gonna have 3 of them, so they probably wouldn't mind if we carried out little "relocation of resources" for those as well ;)

Are you looking to get "beat up" again for your "relocation of resources" ideas. ;)

Do you know where to get the reservation for the ice bar?

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with an Expedia agent today. I wanted to upgrade from my BD to a B6, but wanted to check the balcony size first. She had the same information we've all seen, and called Norwegian because it made no sense that a Large Balcony room would have the same size balcony as a standard balcony room. After some time back and forth, the person she was talking to at Norwegian actually called the ship! Someone went and looked at the rooms and confirmed that the B6 is larger. They told my agent that they were going to remeasure the balconies and update their website within a week. Crazy, huh?

I posted about this some pages back. We are in a BD (aft deck 10) and was going to move to B6 (9th deck forward) but decided against it. In the B6 you won't have a view off the Waterfront roof or the life boats but you will have a view of the M6 balcony. I will fine that picture again. We prefer to be aft this time and deal with balcony size.

Found the picture. The largest balconies are the M6. The B6's are above them and the regular size balconies.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=284&pid=9228#top_display_media

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Archived