Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Hi. Eagerly waiting your review and comparison to Allure! Can you please check out cabin 10916 if possible: Its HA minisuite, which we need for my husband. And it looks pretty large and aft so bigger balcony.

Only if you are able, that would be awesome! Thanks so much, and have an amazing time!

Hi. Eagerly waiting your review and comparison to Allure! Can you please check out cabin 10916 if possible: Its HA minisuite, which we need for my husband. And it looks pretty large and aft so bigger balcony.

Only if you are able, that would be awesome! Thanks so much, and have an amazing time!

Hello hello, nice to see you again :).

Hmmmm, I am not sure how I go by this, I guess I could put in a request in guest services and see how it goes from there. We do have a cabin crawl in our cruise, but the odds of getting that room are rather low.

I will look into it :)

Here is a link to room 10316, which is a HA minisuite, it's right next to your cabin.

i am wondering (and hoping) if the show Mighty Ships have plans to film the Breakaways first sailing inaugural NYC sailing to Bermuda (next Sunday).

I know they did the Epic's first sailing from Miami to Western Caribbean, and the similar with Royal's Freedom and Oasis.

i'm thinking that they are especially with all the hype of the Breakaway. Plus they like to focus on the structure designs and engines a lot. Thought I read that the Breakaway was environmentally friendly, so they may want to reveal the inner workings on this new concept.

I swear i watched the Epics mighty ship episode many times over prior to my sailing. :)

anyway i really want them to film it!! lol

Mighty Ships are onboard right now.

Here is a link to room 10316, which is a HA minisuite, it's right next to your cabin.

Strange, the description does not say it's HC and the description and photo both say/show a sofa, however, the video shows it as HC and has a chair and no sofa.

It appears Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss will be on board the Breakaway next week:

ABOARD THE NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY - Cake Boss star Buddy Valastro can now lay claim to bakeries on both land and sea.

An extension of the celebrity baker's Carlo's Bake Shop in Hoboken, N.J. made its debut over the weekend here on Norwegian Cruise Line's new Norwegian Breakaway, which is sailing with passengers for the first time.

Tucked into a corner of one of Breakaway's restaurant-lined middle decks, Carlo's today was serving Valastro's signature cream-filled lobster tail pastries and ricotta-filled cannoli as well elaborate fondant cakes, cupcakes, biscotti and more.

Valastro's father-in-law, Mauro Belgiovine, was on hand putting the finishing touches on pastries and making sure everything was perfect. Valastro will be coming on board next week when the ship reaches New York.

"It is the same as we make over there (in the USA), just as good," Belgiovine tells USA TODAY.

Belgiovine says he's training the new shop's staff to bake the Carlo's way, and he's getting a kick out of all the passengers coming in for a look-see.

"People love it," Belgiovine says. "They stop by and want to take pictures. They recognize the name as soon as they see it."

Prices at the on-board Carlo's range from $3 for a cannoli to $49.95 for a cake.

Norwegian took delivery of Breakaway late last week from Germany's Meyer Werft shipyard, and the 4,028-passenger vessel is visiting Rotterdam, The Netherlands and Southampton, England this week before heading to its new home in New York. It officially will be named in the city on May 8.

http://www.pnj.com/usatoday/article/2120479

I understand I need to purchase the Spa Day Pass and the Vibe Day pass as soon as I board the Breakaway. Is it correct I can purchase a Spa Day pass for a specific day on the first day of boarding or do I have to do it on that particular day I want the pass?

I have the same question for Vibe. Thank you VERY much!

I understand I need to purchase the Spa Day Pass and the Vibe Day pass as soon as I board the Breakaway. Is it correct I can purchase a Spa Day pass for a specific day on the first day of boarding or do I have to do it on that particular day I want the pass?

I have the same question for Vibe. Thank you VERY much!

That is precisely the same question that many of us have here. I am also interested in purchasing a single day pass. For now it is my understanding that they usually sell out the week passes soon and then there is no day left to purchase really. I will get that information once I am on board.

OMG awesome! I still have my Epic one on my DVR and watch it often.

I also had it on my DVR, then my DVR broke and it had to be replaced: mad: But i watched it about weekly there for a while. I keep watching for it to come back on so i can record it again.

The extra $6.00 per month I pay for the Smithsonian Chanel (package) is worth it to see Mighty Ships. Well actually I wanted Hallmark Movie Channel so I can get Suspense Sundays Mysteries:rolleyes: But then the Smithsonian channel is a HUGE bonus.

Now I will be watching closing for an airing date.

I saw a picture of a deck 13 aft balcony. Even that looks small to me (could be the angle of the shot). I have a deck 14 aft. Anyone know if the aft balconies are bigger on the lower decks? Thinking of switching...I want a lounger! LOL

Also on an unrelated topic how far in advance can you book a cabana on the ship? Had our heart set on a GSC cabana but they're sold out for our sailing :(

I saw a picture of a deck 13 aft balcony. Even that looks small to me (could be the angle of the shot). I have a deck 14 aft. Anyone know if the aft balconies are bigger on the lower decks? Thinking of switching...I want a lounger! LOL

Also on an unrelated topic how far in advance can you book a cabana on the ship? Had our heart set on a GSC cabana but they're sold out for our sailing :(

Here's a B1 thread with pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1838632

---

Supposedly, decks 9 and 12 are the largest aft baclonies, followed by deck 10, decks 13 and 14 have the smallest balconies.

As far as the GSC cabanas, when I went online a month or two ago to look at them they weren't listed so I decided to call NCL and see if there were any available. Luckily, they had 1 left and I booked it. The rep told me that when they get down to 1 or 2 available cabanas, they appear "sold out" online but you can still book those last 1 or 2 if you call, so I suggest you call and see if there is 1 or 2 available.

They are all sold out for our sailing 7-8 months before we sail!

The decks with largest balconies are 9 followed by 12, then 11 and 10 and the smallest ones are 14 and last 13.

The balcony on deck 12 is 140sqft, the room is 175, just to put into perspective ;).

The decks with largest balconies are 9 followed by 12, then 11 and 10 and the smallest ones are 14 and last 13.

The balcony on deck 12 is 140sqft, the room is 175, just to put into perspective ;).

I'm currently on hold to switch to deck 9 or 12! ;)

The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony (S9) located on deck 14 are the exception to the information listed above.

I'm currently on hold to switch to deck 9 or 12! ;)

Ask them if there are any GSC Cabanas available too!

Switch to 12 if you can as 9 would be just above the roof of the back walkway from the waterfront on deck 8.

Ask them if there are any GSC Cabanas available too!

Switch to 12 if you can as 9 would be just above the roof of the back walkway from the waterfront on deck 8.

Is that a bad thing??

I ask every time I call for a GSC cabana. No luck!

Is that a bad thing??

I ask every time I call for a GSC cabana. No luck!

It is. The first thing is the noise issue and the view is also blocked by the oceanfront roof.

I would stick to 12, that's what I got :D

Archived