Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I definitely think that NCL needs to refer to these "balconies" as balconettes (as someone here coined them) as they are an insult to real balconies.

I shall humbly take credit for the coining of that term for Breakaway's balconies :cool::cool::cool:

Gambee - is that the Circle Line? I took the Weehawken ferry today just to see her and there was a lot of buzz - people on line for the Intrepid asking a bazillion questions.

She's so pretty in person - makes me so much more excited (not that I wasn't already bat-sh*$& crazy about it!!!)

Gambee - is that the Circle Line? I took the Weehawken ferry today just to see her and there was a lot of buzz - people on line for the Intrepid asking a bazillion questions.

She's so pretty in person - makes me so much more excited (not that I wasn't already bat-sh*$& crazy about it!!!)

yup,

"Through immigration in minutes. Dropped bags at hotel and now on sight seeing circle cruise!"

So much for talk of immigration taking ages. I walked off just after 7am and was through immigration in minutes, just like Craig apparently.

Just seen a weather forecast for tomorrow and it doesn't look good for the ceremony tomorrow.

Overall, a fantastic ship. There are a few minor niggles, but you can't have everything. The waterfront is the big thing for me though. We only had one decent weather day, but sitting outside on that day was excellent. It will be fantastic in the better weather.

When I get home on Thursday I will see if I've got any decent pictures to post up. They were taken on my iPhone so they aren't great quality, but some may be of use to someone.

You know, I'm struggling to see the point of this live Q&A to be honest...the funny thing is I have yet to see one fact or question that has been asked in it that hasn't already been asked, and in 90% of cases been answered, in this very thread. Like "where you can smoke and not smoke"...we already knew this...and "noise in M6's from the theater"...the M6's are much much more forward of the actual theater which is obvious on the deck plans. And the best one, in the answer to the small balconies question, "we'll have a look tomorrow and see exactly how small they are"...um, I think the many photos of standard balconies we've seen have plainly answered that question with no further clarification needed: their freaking tiny!

Ok sorry, that was my rant for the afternoon, carry on :cool: :rolleyes:

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Anyone stalking this thread knows the answers to all the questions asked.

I went to the Q&A for the Blue Man Group on the Epic, I was dying over the ridiculous questions people were asking. If you had paid attention when they were talking 95% of the questions you idiots asked were answered!!!

End of my rant... haha :cool:

I shall humbly take credit for the coining of that term for Breakaway's balconies :cool::cool::cool:

Best term ever!

You and Shaun07 have come up with some pretty funny stuff in this thread. It's been very entertaining.

I am so happy to be cruising on this ship in 2 weeks. Mainly because with this thread wrapping up I will need the vacation for "Cruise critic Detox".

I will spend the first 3 days of the cruise locked in my cabin in cold sweats having visions of floor plans, webcams, and waking in the middle of the night looking for cabin photos :eek:

I am so happy to be cruising on this ship in 2 weeks. Mainly because with this thread wrapping up I will need the vacation for "Cruise critic Detox".

I will spend the first 3 days of the cruise locked in my cabin in cold sweats having visions of floor plans, webcams, and waking in the middle of the night looking for cabin photos :eek:

Yeah this thread seems to be coming to an end, I am really waiting for some reviews to start showing up.

Thank you. My kids are 19 and 15 but we wanted my sister to take her kids with us which are younger. It is like an Arirang/Bennihana, etc., which they have been before and think they will like it. We think it will be a fun experience for them and I'm going to book at 45 days out, hopefully for our first night onboard.

Thanks so much I am so happy you enjoyed it and appreciate your taking the time to post.

FYI when making the reservations on the phone or web you will be charged the adult price. Since young children are half price you should be refunded on the ship. I hesitated to book because of being charged the adult price. Then wasn't able to book ocean blue once I called days later.

Sheehan should re-think those balcony sizes to achieve that "hot brand" lline.;)

I agree!

We like the Haven two-room suites, but the little balcony is useless.

We like to dine on the balcony and that does not appear to be an option except in Garden Villas.

Quote from blog: "We’ve noticed that while the Epic had a lot of structural issues, the crew was fantastic. On the Breakaway, the opposite seems to be the trend. The ship has some minor touch-ups being completed, but service has been terribly slow and disorganized in every restaurant we’ve dined in so far."

Sure hope this doesn't continue to be the case. It is the major reason why I have avoided NCL for so long. :( I understand she's still new, but the crew is not-- they are picked by NCL. Everyone's tastes are different, so as far as food quality, I judge that myself- but cold food and poor service sounds like the same old NCL I remember (and not fondly in regards to service). Sure hope they correct these issues. Makes me consider going back to another line.

Just got off The Breakaway after both the one night and TA crossing. Ate in Manhattan, Taste, Savoy, Wasabi and Cagney's and the service was amazing. Friendly staff, quick service and nice food. The only grip I could have is twice no one asked if I'd like a drink other than water. But hey, I just asked.

Archived