Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

[quote name='swim13']Welcome to the state of New York Gambee!! :D

I am supposed to be in the city with friends from school right now because that's where my senior trip is to but I decided not to go. What a shame, I might've ran in to you![/QUOTE]

Thanks Mike, maybe another time :)

[quote name='seabird1122']Welcome to New York!!! Of course it was good Pizza!
Have an amazing journey :D
Looking so forward to your take on the Breakaway[/QUOTE]

Thank you :)

I am also looking forward for my take of Breakaway :D, hope it is nothing but good stuff.

Getting ready for round 2 around NY :), about to leave the hotel.

[quote name='gambee']Yeah we are close by, we already went there and did a little bit of shopping. I got ripped off with a $32 8gb memory card for my camera, the other one died on me and took with it a few pictures of the intrepid and the NCL Dawn I think?

We are just relaxing in the room a little and then going back out :)[/QUOTE]

I think it's the NCL Gem in town today.. Sailing on her in a couple months! Glad you're having a good time in the city! See ya in the morning!

Robin

[quote name='SissasMomE']The "approval rating" of the Breakaway is down to 52% :( I am patiently waiting for more reviews, but it appears that the main complaint - other than the balcony size - is that everything is scaled down, but more crowded.

Anyway, Gambee, Mom, Shaun, and Joeski - have a great time. I know you will have fun no matter what! It's yucky here today, and tomorrow it is supposed to rain, but I am sure it will clear up for you once you have sailed![/QUOTE]

I would think this isn't very accurate. Unhappy people are more likely to provide feedback. Isn't this the case with everything?

[quote name='gambee']Yeah we are close by, we already went there and did a little bit of shopping. I got ripped off with a $32 8gb memory card for my camera, the other one died on me and took with it a few pictures of the intrepid and the NCL Dawn I think?

We are just relaxing in the room a little and then going back out :)[/quote]

I just checked. The Norwegian Gem was in NY today.

We are just relaxing in the room a little and then going back out :)[/QUOTE]

Bet it would be more on the ship! Better to find out now rather than later!

[quote name='whenisthemidnightbuffet?']Some of us were able to some not. I got it and did not have to rebook nor lose anything. Just keep calling back until you get lucky and get the rep that Will Do It![/quote]

Absolutely correct ... it is definitely something you can do without having to rebook ... and even your TA (if you booked with one) is able to do it ... if they know what they're doing ;)

[quote name='gambee']It will all be in the review (pics), the hotel is brand new. Comfort in, right next to the pier, one block away. Very nice hotel, very roomy room and comfortable. I am quite impressed, for the price paid. Highly recommended! I think I paid $340, but only because I wanted to separate beds, it was much cheaper with just one bed. There is also a holiday inn right next to us.[/QUOTE]

I am really, really, REALLY looking forward to your review. I loved your Allure review, and I am very interested to know if Breakaway compares to your fantastic Allure experience!

[quote name='gambee']Thanks Mike, maybe another time :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, when I get you the Allure model ship in the beginning of July! I still have a reminder to email you when my cruise gets closer. We leave for the airport after we disembark so I was thinking you could be at baggage claim so we don't have to worry about shipping costs, etc.

I literally can't wait for your review and pictures, especially your take on NYC! I purposely haven't looked at many pictures because I'm waiting to be amazed at yours! I'm also excited to see how you like Bermuda, that place looks gorgeous.

[quote name='SissasMomE']Not on a brand new ship ....[/QUOTE]

I meant to say - Usually yes, but not on a brand new ship .... most people will review it this early on because it's a brand new ship. It was at 68%, I think? Now it's down to 52%. The real reviews should be coming after Sunday, so we shall see.

[quote name='SissasMomE']I meant to say - Usually yes, but not on a brand new ship .... most people will review it this early on because it's a brand new ship. It was at 68%, I think? Now it's down to 52%. The real reviews should be coming after Sunday, so we shall see.[/quote]

Where are these approval rate numbers coming from??

[quote name='English101']Bet it would be more on the ship! Better to find out now rather than later![/QUOTE]

Too bad you couldn't go to B&H Photo, best prices in the country usually on all things photo.... Closed on Saturdays.

[quote name='swim13']Yes, when I get you the Allure model ship in the beginning of July! I still have a reminder to email you when my cruise gets closer. We leave for the airport after we disembark so I was thinking you could be at baggage claim so we don't have to worry about shipping costs, etc.

I literally can't wait for your review and pictures, especially your take on NYC! I purposely haven't looked at many pictures because I'm waiting to be amazed at yours! I'm also excited to see how you like Bermuda, that place looks gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest and say that I did not take that many pics of NY, been here numerous times and already have a bunch.

But I did take some that I will share of course. :)

Waiting for my friend to get out of work to go to have dinner.

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/19/ude8upeg.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='SissasMomE']I am really, really, REALLY looking forward to your review. I loved your Allure review, and I am very interested to know if Breakaway compares to your fantastic Allure experience![/QUOTE]
I second that
Gambee does amazing reviews and we will all be on the edge of our chairs waiting for the review :)

[quote name='js']Thank you again for all this wonderful and helpful information and to everyone leaving tomorrow.,,ENJOY!!

I would like to bring my own DD coffee with me to make in the morning. Does anyone already know or can please find out what kind of filters I need..regular or cone shaped. I drink my coffee black so would be wonderful to have it without having to get dressed and wait until we go eat breakfast. Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know about the filters? Happy sailing to all those leaving tomorrow. Hope sailaway is nicer then now. Wishing you sunny skys and smooth sailing!!

For those sailing on Breakaway tomorrow, be aware that there will be lots of fairs, festivals and the AIDS Walk on Sunday, resulting in many street closures and, therefore, extra traffic. It seems Gambee won't have a problem with his proximity to the pier, but others should allow extra time getting to the cruise terminal, depending on where they are coming from.

Information regarding what streets will be closed can be found [URL="http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml"]here[/URL]

Bon voyage and smooth sailing!

Matt

[quote name='KEPE']For those of you that used the HSN credt were you able to combine it with other OBC? I have the woman telling me she needs to cancel my reservation and rebook and that i will lose my current promotion and that since I have a cabana booked I will lose that too and need to rebook but they could be all sold out. Serious??[/QUOTE]

I would check with another agent. I was able to use on current reservation without losing existing promotions. This brought my total OBC to $550. No new reservation was created when it was applied. I have heard the issue may be when you try to apply after final payment due date. Like whith everything NCL if you don't get the response that you are looking for just keep calling back until you do.

[quote name='SissasMomE']Not on a brand new ship ....[/QUOTE]

Really? A lot of people here, on cruisecritic, have said they avoid the first few sailings to allow the kinks to be worked out....I could see how those kinks could cause negative feedback. Most pax are going to have a great time and not post anything ....UNLESS something bugs them and then you better believe they will post negative feedback! Whatever bugs one person could be very minor to someone else! Some people might look at those "kinks" and realize that we're all human and some things take more time, mistakes are made, etc. and it's not a big deal.

[quote name='swim13']Yes, when I get you the Allure model ship in the beginning of July! I still have a reminder to email you when my cruise gets closer. We leave for the airport after we disembark so I was thinking you could be at baggage claim so we don't have to worry about shipping costs, etc.

I literally can't wait for your review and pictures, especially your take on NYC! I purposely haven't looked at many pictures because I'm waiting to be amazed at yours! I'm also excited to see how you like Bermuda, that place looks gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

Wow! I CANT STOP looking at pictures of this ship and will STILL be amazed at Gambee's!

[quote name='SliceOfLife']I was trying to find that too but had no luck. Less than 12 hours until it docks to pick us up!! :D[/QUOTE]

I know I was trying to find her location to see what time she gets into port
(Thats what she said)- sorry just watched the office finale

It's out of range at the moment, but in the next couple of hours you should be able to find it on:

[url]http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/[/url]

In the "Go to Vessel" box on left side, type "Norwegian Breakaway" and it should find it. You can then zoom in and out to see where it is in relation to land.

There are other sites to and maybe they already have her "in range" but this is the site I've used most often. Based on webcams, it seems that it's usually just a couple minutes delayed from real-time.

[quote name='KJE Atlanta']It's out of range at the moment, but in the next couple of hours you should be able to find it on:

[url]http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/[/url]

In the "Go to Vessel" box on left side, type "Norwegian Breakaway" and it should find it. You can then zoom in and out to see where it is in relation to land.

There are other sites to and maybe they already have her "in range" but this is the site I've used most often. Based on webcams, it seems that it's usually just a couple minutes delayed from real-time.[/QUOTE]

i tried this site and was wondering why it was not showing up. Out of range would explain it, thanks so much !

Archived