Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Blue at $35 is a no go, all my attempts have been futile (trust me I tried). The lamp of my balcony seems to be a big job, they finally came and removed the lamp. He said it might be a big electrical problem, oh well what can you do. Have lots to write about once home. Slides are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY SCARY AND INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Met some amazing people! Most socializing I've done in any cruise. Love love love this ship. Love my balcony. Weather finally breaking :).

Like any other ship, there are flaws, but overall great ship so far.

Ship slightly rocking, not horrible.

Cabin crawl was fun :)

Meet and greet could of been better, slightly disappointed with the cruise director.

Rope course is insane!

With 4600 people aboard the ship seems to distribute passengers very well.

But all minor inconveniences for an overall great cruise!

So glad to read some more positives! Have fun!:)

Shoreless: Same menu, we tried it today, the tostada amazing, but the toast not so much. Yes you can sit on those table, the problem is that is only open for lunch when Blue is closed.

For table in the balcony I have used the seat inside the room, it works well. Just had some room service and it was very good. I would dare to say the best I had in a cruise.

Gershep: I believe so, I overheard someone saying they had them. But I am not sure, I guess I could look into it. That said a prime times if you don't have a reservation, you will wait A LOT!

4600 people does not feel crowded, however weather has been crappy so my guess is that there are not that many people outside, but they are instead crowding inside areas that I don't frequent.

Swim: Water slides are great, the free fall ones are amazing. I got a little dizzy on the twisty one. No lines today, it might change once weather improves. I think tomorrow the weather will be better.

Big al: Only little posts like the ones I've done today. No pics, ill do that on the review.

I had reservation for the comedy show but unfortunately I was way too tired and I sleep a little. Just relaxing now and watching a movie, mom is out and about, I guess shopping not sure what she is doing. We also had reservations in bistro tonight, but she was going to change them to another day, possibly Saturday since we wont be doing Blue on that night.

There is a problem with the heater in the room, I recall someone in the TA complaining about that too. I really don't feel like dealing with costumer service again, if there is one negative thing to say about Breakaway is that the customer service desk is absolutely horrible. They have an attitude and treat you like a child, not just one, actually most of them. I think instead of getting frustrated again dealing with them, I just rather deal with the not so warm room. Also with the increase of temperature it should be better tomorrow.

If I did not answer your question is because I only loaded page 345 and those are the ones I addressed.

Gambee - re the prior $35 for Ocean Blue. If you had reservations based on the old price and they're trying to charge new price see this link. If you didn't already have reservations it won't help (:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5359

Re the customer service attitude - so sorry to hear that because it is really not like Norwegian Cruise Line. If you want your heat fixed and don't want to deal with customer service again call the hotel director number and explain the problem and why you don't want to go through customer service. I bet you'll get it fixed without delay or attitude.

Glad you're not letting things get to you and are enjoying the cruise.

Gambee loving your updates. Maybe you should start a new thread "Gambee on board Live" so you don't have to weed through this big thread.

Hope you and your Mom enjoy every minute. I can't wait to sail in my aft balcony and slide those slides!!!!!!

The customer service issue is probably the new ship syndrome. Remember when Epic was new and the TV's were not hooked up yet? People were complaining and removing service charges. With a new ship, there are lots of quirks to settle. The crew is probably overwhelmed and cant take it anymore.

The customer service desk on a cruise ship must be one of the hardest jobs ever LOL :)

Thanks again for checking in Gambee and spending money on the high internet prices. We love your reviews and just love every little bit of information :)

The customer service issue is probably the new ship syndrome. The crew is probably overwhelmed and cant take it anymore.

Not an excuse in my book. The crew on this newest ship was selected from the other NCL ships and is supposed to be the best.

Treating the paying customer with attitude will not play well. Especially with the NEW YAWK crowd :D:D:D

I Need You To Do Me A Favor......

Can You Find Out For Me, How Much Does It Cost, For A 1 Day Spa Pass, While Ship IS In Port???

Also, How Much Does It Cost, For The Wine, And Martini Tastings??

Thanks!!!!!

Enjoy, The Rest Of Your Cruise!!!!!!!!!!:)

You are correct and have done your homework.:p

The only potential consideration is possible noise from promenade on deck 8 below, and the roof over that area obstructing wake view angle. Also you will have a support pole on balcony.

See visual aids for S6 here, showing roof over deck 8 walkway; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

You sure they have those cabins still available, all together?

Thank you for all of the input and the link to cabin resources. I made the switch to Deck 9 for all three cabins, including the S6. I couldn't be happier!

I moved the one non-aft facing BC balcony cabin to an "angled" BD category balcony in the hope that it'll be sufficiently bigger than the "balconettes". I was very close to upgrading that one to B1 category, but we'll see how the BD works out.

Gambee loving your updates. Maybe you should start a new thread "Gambee on board Live" so you don't have to weed through this big thread.

Hope you and your Mom enjoy every minute. I can't wait to sail in my aft balcony and slide those slides!!!!!!

That might Attract MORE comments!! So many are looking forward to Gambee's review but I think a lot of people aren't as interested [as before, when we were all so hungry for pictures and details] in this thread anymore. I can't read enough but I think we're in the minority now. I am happy to see Gambee's posts but I agree with some of the others that he should enjoy his vacation. We'll all be here waiting for the review.

Shoreless: Same menu, we tried it today, the tostada amazing, but the toast not so much. Yes you can sit on those table, the problem is that is only open for lunch when Blue is closed.

For table in the balcony I have used the seat inside the room, it works well. Just had some room service and it was very good. I would dare to say the best I had in a cruise.

Thanks Gambee. I'm looking forward to breakfast on my balcony and lunch on the waterfront. :)

>>>There is a problem with the heater in the room, I recall someone in the TA complaining about that too. I really don't feel like dealing with costumer service again, if there is one negative thing to say about Breakaway is that the customer service desk is absolutely horrible. They have an attitude and treat you like a child, not just one, actually most of them. I think instead of getting frustrated again dealing with them, I just rather deal with the not so warm room. Also with the increase of temperature it should be better tomorrow. <<<

WE had no issues with "the desk" on the crossing.

Here's some numbers for you;

Denis Prguda, Hotel Director Ext.28888

Sonja Sommereregger Assist.Hotel Director Ext.28801

Joseph Boyle, Guest Service Manager Ext.28802

Hope this helps.

Not an excuse in my book. The crew on this newest ship was selected from the other NCL ships and is supposed to be the best.

Treating the paying customer with attitude will not play well. Especially with the NEW YAWK crowd :D:D:D

Agree! :)

Has anyone seen main dining room menus from the first bermuda sailing?

I'm pretty sure they'll be along the same line as the rest of the fleet. Surf and turf the first night has been discussed for sure. If it's for your mother-in-law, I'd just show her some of the ones that have been posted from the other ships!

I'm pretty sure they'll be along the same line as the rest of the fleet. Surf and turf the first night has been discussed for sure. If it's for your mother-in-law, I'd just show her some of the ones that have been posted from the other ships!

Great! Thanks! And the other ships have the 3 different dining rooms as well? Are they different menus or just different locations/same menus?

Thanks again!

Great! Thanks! And the other ships have the 3 different dining rooms as well? Are they different menus or just different locations/same menus?

Thanks again!

There is a fleet wide rotation of menus for the MDRs, I think they have 14-18? The exec. chef picks from those. So they can vary from week to week anyway. There is one side of the menu that is exactly the same every night, on every cruise, and the other side varies. Lunch is the same every day on all ships. I'd do a search for MDR menus, and you'll find them all.

This is funny coming from me because we usually eat in the specialties!

Want2cruise: Sorry I really don't know as today I really just stayed in the room and relaxed. so if it was today I missed it. I know yesterday was lobster night. Ill see if I don't forget and look on future days. I tried looking for the menus on the TV, but unlike the Allure the menu for the MDR are not there.

kjquilts: I did not have reservations, I tried making them many times, but the system required 4 people minimum. I believe that NCL did that in purpose when they decided to raises the prices prior our cruise. Slightly dirty move in my opinion. Either way they are loosing here, I could gotten them some exposure in my review. I wont bother myself with it anymore, over it already. One thing is for sure, that restaurant is not worth $50 in my book.

Sarah: :)

Youngestof9: I gave a lot of thought into that, but in the end I decided not to do it, I think its a bit late now for that. Ill keep it here :).

david_sobe: I have to say that I disagree with you, I am possibly one of the easiest people to deal with. And both times I was given an attitude and they were always on the defense. Mom went a minute ago to fix another issue and she said her experience was better then, maybe they were just having a day :dunno:. Although I can see how that might be possibly the hardest job in the ship. Just no reason for then to address me the way they did, it is kind of that thing that leaves a sour taste…

Big Jay: $50 day pass cost for the spa (might be worth it considering it will be not crowded, ill be honest and say that I am considering it). Ill have to look into the tastings prices, no clue. I see a margarita and beer tastings for tomorrow. none of the ones you want.

P.S. mom reported again insane lines on free dinning venues. We just ordered a little night snack from room service. Moved Bistro to first night of bermuda.

By no means its a bad cruise, yes there are inconveniences and yes my balcony light is gone (like the fixture is actually gone) I wont ask any more about it. But the ship itself is incredible, lots of things to do. So much to do that I was drained by 5pm and spend the rest of the day in bed watching movies and relaxing.

I believe that they might have an issue with the MDR's and overcrowding, although today I was told that you can go with the pager around the ship and it will work. So you could go gambling or even wait in you room while your table is ready. I think I might do that next time around, stupid that I never thought about it :D. I guess these are just the inconveniences that come with sailing in the first voyages (which by the way I don't think ill ever do again).

Tomorrow I want to try the noodle bar, I noticed something there that I might enjoy :).

ohhh, sushi bar great, but misleading menu. The was not sweet shrimp!

Noise from H2O parties does leak into aft balconies, how loud? well that is a personal opinion. For me it is not horrible, but is audible when the balcony door is open. I can actually make the name of each song from my bed (keep in mind my balcony is deep, shallow ones might have more noise). Party in deck 16 i am on 12. So this might be the first big issue with aft balconies… At least they play good music. In the morning you can also hear the boom from the base, they start fitness classes for 45 minutes at 8am, in case of time change like today at 7am :/.

Internet speeds variate from very fast to unusable.

Noise from H2O parties does leak into aft balconies, how loud? well that is a personal opinion. For me it is not horrible, but is audible when the balcony door is open. I can actually make the name of each song from my bed (keep in mind my balcony is deep, shallow ones might have more noise). Party in deck 16 i am on 12. So this might be the first big issue with aft balconies… At least they play good music. In the morning you can also hear the boom from the base, they start fitness classes for 45 minutes at 8am, in case of time change like today at 7am :/.

ugh, Gambee that's not good news we are also deck 12 B1 and I love sitting out on the balcony late at night or early morning with just the sound of the wake. :( I cannot imagine the noise if our aft balcony was on deck 13 or 14!

Thanks for posting back about your experience on the ship now, looking forward to your review and enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Archived