Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Anyone else notice that there are no hull balconies on Breakaway? There's a partial (furthest forward on the lowest pax deck), but nothing really enclosed. No uncovered ones either. Good job NCL

Looks like there are 2 in-hull balconies, look directly under the bridge wings.

And there are quite a few uncovered balconies on deck 8 forward Mike.

Looks like there are 2 in-hull balconies, look directly under the bridge wings.

And there are quite a few uncovered balconies on deck 8 forward Mike.

Ah, I wasn't looking there. Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if that hull balcony is crew space.

Yes. I wish he had reconsidered his version of Lady Liberty. :(

I agree, it's definitely the worst thing about the hull art. Although it is a signature Peter Max painting, I just don't agree it's a particular good one. :)

Ah, I wasn't looking there. Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if that hull balcony is crew space.

I don't believe so Mike, usually the high ranking crew (captain, hotel director) stay in cabins directly behind the bridge on the same deck.

I'm willing to bet it's a passenger cabin, so be careful when you book!

I hope your right Mike. I'm in the Forward Facing Suite on Deck 13 and if its not for the crew, it would probably be a "hull" for me. I hate to pay the price I'm paying & wind up with a "hull" balcony. It wasn't there when I booked. Wouldn't really be fair for me to pay the same price as those forward facing suites below me if my balcony is so much different. Just hoping for the best.

I hope your right Mike. I'm in the Forward Facing Suite on Deck 13 and if its not for the crew, it would probably be a "hull" for me. I hate to pay the price I'm paying & wind up with a "hull" balcony. It wasn't there when I booked. Wouldn't really be fair for me to pay the same price as those forward facing suites below me if my balcony is so much different. Just hoping for the best.

We are booked in 13706 for the transatlantic. Had we known it was going to be a hull balcony I do not think we would have selected it. Here is hoping that it isn't

I contacted the PCC and they advised me its not listed as a hull balcony suite...

The first two balconies on either side of deck 8 (8110/8710 and 8112/8712 are category BX balconies. The next 12 on either side are category M6 mini suites. Description includes words "large private balcony", right now I agree with large balcony :)

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony - Category: catM6.gif

Featuring a king-size bed, an upper bed, sofa bed and a large, private balcony these Mini-suites also offer amazing views. (Sleeps up to four)

Accommodates: 3

- See more at: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/deck-plans/#deck8

We are booked in 13706 for the transatlantic. Had we known it was going to be a hull balcony I do not think we would have selected it. Here is hoping that it isn't

I contacted the PCC and they advised me its not listed as a hull balcony suite...

In one of the construction pictures you can kind of zoom in and see a smaller rectangle behind the hull opening. The rectangle looks to be smaller than a regular balcony sliding door so perhaps it's a window for the shower/bathroom?

Now I don't think it's an in-hull balcony anymore.

Does this picture show 13706? I just don't see a forward facing regular balcony under the bridge?

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=279&pid=9126#top_display_media

Thank you everyone for posting pictures and updates! My boys and I had a great time checking out the pages and pages of updates :)

We might be boarding the DCL Dream in 2 weeks, but we are way more excited about our Breakaway cruise :D

Archived