Wine on board? With no corkage fee?

mcordry

So let me get this right.....Princess allows you to bring wine on board with no corkage fee? Please tell me this is true!
As long as you drink the wine in your cabin there is no corkage fee. If you bring a bottle to the Dining Room you will be charged a $15 corkage fee. Some have posted that they are not always charged the corkage fee, but I brought five bottles to the DR over a 14 day cruise and I was charged each time. Even on other cruises I was always charged, and expected to pay, the corkage in the DR or Specialty restaurants.

Yes, it's true. If you consume your wine in your stateroom. We always ask the Room Steward for wine glasses. We bring our own corkscrew. On rare occasion, I have wandered around the ship and even into the dining room with a full glass of wine, but very discreetly.

We are going on our 21st Princess cruise. Will bring wine on board and buy some in ports along the way. If we drink wine in our cabin, which we sometimes do, we do not pay a corking fee. When we bring a bottle to the diningroom we generally are charged a corking fee. Sometimes if you buy at least one or two bottles from Princess in the MDR, the waiter may not charge a corking fee on bottles you bring. This does not happen as much these days as it use to in the past. We always tip accordingly.

Archived