Rental car from Toronto to Quebec City???

Appreciate any advice from anyone who has driven this route.

Which car rental agency should I use with a drop off close to cruise port?

Have you considered the train instead .

You'll be hit with a one way equivalent to the cost a one way airfare ticket between Toronto and Quebec City. I would check but sometimes agencies won't allow you to rent one way between two different provinces due to insurance requirements.

Appreciate any advice from anyone who has driven this route.

Which car rental agency should I use with a drop off close to cruise port?

Also check out PORTER AIRLINES, who don't appear on many GDS (booking engines). They often have agressive fares, and operate into the small Toronto Island/Billy Bishop airport

The train is more expensive and the reason we want to drive is we do not want to worry about weight or wine restrictions. DH bringing his golf clubs too. A van for the four of us will run about 143.00 with unlimited mileage. No mention of any additional fees online.

The train is more expensive and the reason we want to drive is we do not want to worry about weight or wine restrictions. DH bringing his golf clubs too. A van for the four of us will run about 143.00 with unlimited mileage. No mention of any additional fees online.

Also just checking that you know that it is about 10 hours of solid driving so either one very long day or an overnight. Montreal can be difficult to drive through as well....don't go through at rush hour. There is no easy way around the city.

Also just checking that you know that it is about 10 hours of solid driving so either one very long day or an overnight. Montreal can be difficult to drive through as well....don't go through at rush hour. There is no easy way around the city.

I can't advise re the rental agency. As already mentioned I would expect a hefty drop charge. IF the total charges are actually just $143, then by all means drive but I am guessing otherwise. The estimate for the driving time is a little high. It is more like 8 hours, we live just east of Toronto , for us it is a fairly easy 7.5 hours. We have made this trip many times. Montreal will in all likelihood be a slow point due to traffic but is manageable. Of course try to avoid the typical rush hour periods but otherwise, like driving in any strange city, just do your homework and you will be fine as well as wiser from the experience. Traffic between the cities flows smoothly at between 60MPH and 75 MPH. The speed limit is 100KPH ( 62 MPH ). I would advise against any consideration of stopping in Montreal. Driving IN the city is a very different experience, which , unless you are experienced in very different environments and cities would be a bad idea.

You can't just rent a vehicle and drop it in another city, province, or even country without incurring some additional drop charge. Why don't you do a mock booking and be sure to say you are returning to a different city. They may advise you call the toll free number to discuss it further.

Where are you getting the quote for $143? The closest rental company to the port in QC that I know of is Hertz, and I'm getting a price of $455 all-in for the day before your cruise departure for a mini-van.

Archived