Anytime Entertainment??

mikjr

Just a simple question, why are so many of you getting so stressed out over these shows? Enjoy just being on the ship, relax. Since you don't really know what's going to be on your cruise, as how many, how often, etc. it doesn't really matter. Most of the shows are fine and it's just so enjoyable to sit and experience any show. Don't fret.

Just a simple question, why are so many of you getting so stressed out over these shows? Enjoy just being on the ship, relax. Since you don't really know what's going to be on your cruise, as how many, how often, etc. it doesn't really matter. Most of the shows are fine and it's just so enjoyable to sit and experience any show. Don't fret.

Point taken. However and certainly without getting stressed, what is being said is that Princess, a brand which many of us still love, has fallen way down on it's entertainment offerings and could do so much better. Why can't they listen and respond to their public?

Will we still sit and enjoy the entertainment offered ? Yep. Would we prefer to sit down for 45-55 minutes rather than 30 ? Absolutely. Would we like two professional shows per night ? Definitely.

OK?

We watched two professional shows the other night here on the Emerald. First, we watched Boogie Shoes which was scheduled for three performances in one night in the Princess Theater and then we zipped over to the Explorers lounge for the comedian Scott Harris. He was doing 2 shows that night. He previously did 3 shows on another night with different material. We also had 3 shows by comedian Al Katz in one night. We had 2 other production shows, one had 2 performances in one night while the other had three. There were other shows and performers as well. We had more entertainment than we could handle.

This is my third cruise since the unveiling of anytime entertainment and I think it is a much better schedule then the previous ones.

This is my third cruise since the unveiling of anytime entertainment and I think it is a much better schedule then the previous ones.

Do you think you spent more money on your last 3 cruises than on previous cruises?

Because this new policy is only about revenue raising.

We watched two professional shows the other night here on the Emerald. First, we watched Boogie Shoes which was scheduled for three performances in one night in the Princess Theater and then we zipped over to the Explorers lounge for the comedian Scott Harris. He was doing 2 shows that night. He previously did 3 shows on another night with different material. We also had 3 shows by comedian Al Katz in one night. We had 2 other production shows, one had 2 performances in one night while the other had three. There were other shows and performers as well. We had more entertainment than we could handle.

This is a development for the better. On our recent cruises Explorers has only had game shows etc with no professional entertainers. Seems like we may be at long last seeing an improvement. Now just lengthen the performance duration.

Do you think you spent more money on your last 3 cruises than on previous cruises?

Because this new policy is only about revenue

We didn't spend anymore than usual on the last three cruises as compared to the first few cruises we have taken with Princess. We just were able to experience much more entertainment with the new schedules.

This is a development for the better. On our recent cruises Explorers has only had game shows etc with no professional entertainers. Seems like we may be at long last seeing an improvement. Now just lengthen the performance duration.

The change came about on the Christmas cruise after the dry dock. In November-early December it was as it had been starting 1/17/12. I wasn't sure if it was a holiday thing or not, but was pleased to see it continued in January. There wasn't a show in the Explorers Lounge every night, but about 4 or 5 nights on a 10-night cruise.

The change came about on the Christmas cruise after the dry dock. In November-early December it was as it had been starting 1/17/12. I wasn't sure if it was a holiday thing or not, but was pleased to see it continued in January. There wasn't a show in the Explorers Lounge every night, but about 4 or 5 nights on a 10-night cruise.

I know you will agree that this is definitely a change for the better. Let's hope it is applied across the fleet. To be fair, there were always occasions when we were not blessed with two professional shows each night. Now we just need to lengthen the shows

Archived