What time can I expect to be at the airport

KPGirl

Sorry another airport / driving question. Our ship is in Miami and we most likely will fly from Ft Launderdale, what is the earliest flight we should take, we don't want to be rushed and panicked. There is a 11:50 flight, is it reasonable to expect we can make it??

There are so many variables to consider. Weekday versus weekend traffic, when the ship clears customs and weather. If the ship arrives on time and clears customs as planned then you self debark your luggage you have a good chance. In June I arrived back at POM on a Sunday and the Valor was the only ship in port. We cleared customs timely, disembarked in group 9 (I believe) , and went to meet our SAS shuttle. We had to wait for other passengers to fill the van but we were dropped at FLL by 10:30. So if you self debark and take a cab, you have a reasonably good chance.

Have a backup plan though. I have been stuck on board once when ONE foreign national failed to check in with customs and debarkation was delayed over an hour while they tried to find this guy. I have also been on board when the arrival was a couple hours late. So while these incidents do not happen too often, they do occur from time to time so have a backup plan. Good luck.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Though it was many years ago, but when we flew out of FLL we arrived at the airport at about 11:00 after disembarking at around 8:30. We had to go through customs, which slowed us down, and then board the bus and then wait. By the time we headed towards the airport, we had been off the ship over an hour. And the traffic was not the greatest either.

IMO, I would not book anything earlier than 1PM.

Archived