Carnival Dream...pre cruise question

jerday

Hi all,

Booked on the Carnival Dream for March 23rd. Flying in 2 days before the cruise sails.

Where is the best place to stay? Near Port Canaveral or in Orlando. I have never sailed out of Port Canaveral. I will be travelling with children, 5 and 7. Places near beaches of course would be great.

Anyone have any recommendations on hotels to stay at?

Any other recommendations would be great too!

I'd tell you to stay at Cocoa Beach. Several hotels there. I am going to book a pre-stay at the Hampton Inn there as it's right on the beach, and has the cruise and park option. Basically for just a few dollars more than what it would cost me to park anyway, I can start my vacation a day early and be on the beach!

I'd tell you to stay at Cocoa Beach. Several hotels there. I am going to book a pre-stay at the Hampton Inn there as it's right on the beach, and has the cruise and park option. Basically for just a few dollars more than what it would cost me to park anyway, I can start my vacation a day early and be on the beach!

Resort at the Port is a Radisson 10 minutes from the Port.

Great pool for the kids, poolside tiki bar with live music, and

a shuttle to the ship with friendly drivers. Stayed there 3x and loved it.

Park for the week and get dropped of at your car after the cruise.

McDonalds across the street is plus for the the kids! :)

I've stayed at the four points shearton at coco beach and the courtyard. The Shearton is literally like 2 min. walk to the beach, no real heavy traffic to cross either, but then again we were there in Oct. There is a CVS and Walgreens right across the road. Nice rooms, restr. downstairs and surf shop too. Nice people there.

We're driving down for our November cruise on the dream..have always stayed at the radisson but it's gotten some really bad reviews on trip advisor so are trying the residence inn this time.

I love Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach!

I usually stay at the Hilton in Cocoa Beach. It right on the beach. However other hotels that people have mentioned are also good choices.

The Radisson became popular with cruisers because of the park and cruise. I have also recently read mediocre review on it. I have never stayed there, since if I am staying at a hotel in a beach town, I want to be on the beach.

I would say staying in Orlando would only be recommended if you are thinking of going to the parks. After some cruises we have headed to the Mouse House. Once getting off the ship, we could in a Disney park in about an hour or hour half. The drive is not bad, provided there are no accidents on B-line.

If I had a choice between swimming in the ocean or swimming at this http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2122461240030186251QuzGQh at the Radisson, I'd pick the Radisson in a minute. We've stayed there twice and really enjoyed it. McDonald's across the street, minature golf/go karts a block away, family style restaurant on one side, Italian restaurant on the other. Free shuttle to ship and weeklong parking available. Plus you can see the ships from the hotel. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2115982660030186251RmicKa

I am staying at the holiday inn express. Keep this in mind when pricing- most hotels I found on cocoa beach do not have free breakfast. They all offer breakfast but be sure to add that cost when figuring your nightly stay rate unless you plan to venture out for grub in the am anyway. Hol inn exp has transfers for $5 I do believe. Also just a couple blocks from the beach. No reviews on any hotels in this area from me though. First cruise out of this port for me! :p

Actually OP you need to tell us what you want and expect in a hotel to answer this correctly for you.

For me its a fine hotel that offers abundent of things, restaurants, lounge, entertainment, on beach if in beach location, not care for the free breakfasts rather pay for better if we want to eat breakfast, want a hotel not a motel type stay, no catwalk, just want 4-5 star rating hotel.

If you can tell me this I can give you other ideas.

Archived