How Reliable is Info on Empty Cabins?

Ships R Great

Block release is not always real time not really sure what you are saying, it can vary from website to website. For example a TA or TO 's system may release its allocation or block at midnight but the corresponding website may only update the feed at 3am. Celebrity may update its allocations twice a day but the websites it is feeding to may only update every hour, or at scheduled times or immediately.

I agree, I have seen the cabin I just booked disappear from those "list all available" sites while I am on the phone booking it. They are very real time and accurate...and they have to be because if you book a cabin and it's shown as free, you expect that specific cabin.

The limitation on that site is that it only shows up to 15 cabins in any category on any deck. (By category, I mean C2, not all balcony or all concierge cabins.)

I can see 45 2B category cabins on a cruise I've been checking on, so though up to 15 may show on some websites, s--------r shows all of them.

The limitation on that site is that it only shows up to 15 cabins in any category on any deck. (By category, I mean C2, not all balcony or all concierge cabins.)

on ss-er the cruise i just booked shows only two 1c's booked-all others available. that ends up being a more than 15 cabins on the deck i booked. and no 2d's or 2c's have been sold at all. i could be wrong but don't think the site is limited in anyway.

They show 15 cabins per category, per deck but the cabin search feature works so you can check to see if cabins that are not highlighted are available :D

When did the cabin search feature start working again? It was still down a couple of days ago.

This is a different website:D

Oh.....now I see. I was on that particular site recently trying to find some available forward cabins on a particular cruise without calling Celebrity.

I didn't find what I was looking for though. Do you know if it's possible to enter a particular cabin number and see if it's available on that site?

Oh.....now I see. I was on that particular site recently trying to find some available forward cabins on a particular cruise without calling Celebrity.

I didn't find what I was looking for though. Do you know if it's possible to enter a particular cabin number and see if it's available on that site?

Yes;)

Celebrity does hold back some cabins that are not published on that infamous travel website. :D

I booked a B2B TA and wanted the same cabin for both legs. My TA called Celebrity and was able to get them. They were not on the website as being available and was told that Celebrity does hold staterooms, up to a certain period of time, for B2B's and not publishing them.

There could be 60 cabins in the same category on one deck available for booking but it only will show 15. That is why I use the cabin number search. When it shows 15 I know there are lots of cabins open but if it shows 12 you can believe that is the correct number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived