My name is Danno...and I'm a cruise junkie!!

Danno

It's now offical...I have met all the criteria to be classed a "cruise junkie". My only hope is there is treatment available and my group insurance will cover it.

Not sure if you too are afflicted...take this test.

1)Do you keep cruise brochures and magazines in the bathroom??

2)Do you spend WAY too much time on Cruise Critic??

3)Do you have your TA's phone number on speed dial? Her home number also??

4)Have you studied the brochures so well that you know the floor plan of your favorite ship better than that of your own home??

5)Do you check out the travel section of EVERY book store you enter knowing full well that you already have every book ever written about cruise ships.

6)Do you await the new publication of the "Berlitz Cruise Guide" with the anticipation you once reserved for Christmas morning.

7)Has your monetary system changed from one of dollars to cruises...i.e. "WOW the car cost 10 cruises"!!

8)Do you know who Jack Williams is but don't know who your local member of parliment (insert congressman if you are south of the 49th) is??

9)Do you scrutinize your cruise tickets for hours but you spent 15 minutes preparing your own will??

10)Would you rather watch a two hour special on building the QM2, than your beloved Toronto Maple Leafs in a playoff game??

11)Do you remember all the dates of all your cruises but forget your own birth date??

If you can answer yes to more than three of these questions...SEEK HELP!!

Any other symtoms anyone? These are just a few of the ones I have icon_biggrin.gif.

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

**email mrtnb(at)efni(dot)com

Michael...we can't get you help until you admit you have a problem!!

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Yep Danno. I've known for a while.

"Do you spend so much time on the web cams that you know the ports of call better than your home town?". I can now hazard a good guess at which cruise ship is which.

This site caused the whole lot to go into overdrive. I am happy with myself though. If I felt I needed therapy, then I would go for it. If I have something wrong with my leg I'd go and see a doctor. Right? It's the same thing. Only my doctor has never been on a cruise. He doesn't understand. Which is why I keep coming back here. Vicious cirle and all that.

Oh boy. It's a struggle. But I'm ok. Really I am.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Uh oh, I'm in trouble. icon_rolleyes.gif Do you think we could start a support group? Hey, we could do it on this board! icon_wink.gif

Garry

click <a href="mailto:gkm278@comcast.net">here</a href> to send me an email

I have cruise brochures in the bathroom...

I know floor plan of my future ship

Well many points can be applied to me but....

not #11!!!! I absolutely can't skip Bruins playoff game. Not possible. (Although I think I am lying...I had cruise scheduled for May 15, which could be playoff round #3 for my B's)

I think I am :

1) Hockey fan; icon_smile.gif

2) Cruise junkie; icon_wink.gif

I am crazy about both and have no problems admiting this.

Less than 2 weeks till my dream Med vacation!

Splendour of the Seas May 15, 2004 (Europe!!!)

Century 07/12/03 Eastern Caribbean FFL-San Juan - St. Thomas - St.Maarten- Nassau -FFL

Komarno(Volga)07/91 Moscow - Astrahan' - Moscow (honeymoon)

Komarno(Volga)07/90 Moscow - Astrahan'- Moscow

Admiral Nachimov(or Nakhimov) (Black Sea)04/1986 Odessa - Batum

GO BRUINS!!!!

I am absolutely a cruise junkie, I meet all the criteria and even worse I have no intention of seeking help! I get my fix by booking more cruises.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Tatka...why was that risky? From what I saw on HNIC a few of the Bruins had the same cruise booked!! I don't think they even bothered with insurance...they knew they would be available.

Nita...if you are a true junkie you don't care who is paying. Your first reflex question is "what can I sell"??

Dan

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Oh my, oh my,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If you can answer yes to more than three of these questions...SEEK HELP <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only 3!!!!. Good Lord I am in deep trouble. I answered yes to 9 of them.

So I guess I will have to say:

Good Evening, my name is DocJohnB and I am a cruiseaholic.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on SUMMIT for 10 nights

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;01;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until MOAGC's on Explorer of the Seas

cposalute.gif

Seven Cruises last Century, then:

Norwegian Sky 2000 GGC2000

Volendam 2001 GGC2001

Paradise 2001

Sensation 2002 GGC2002

Millenium 2003 (Nov 16)

Mariner OTS 2004 (Feb 29)

Summit 2004 (Nov 05)

Explorer OTS 2005 (Jan 09)

Definitely a cruise junkie here. We have a new grandchild being born this month, but I am without joy. We had to cancel our cruise because of this blessed event. I know I should be happy but I am missing my cruise icon_frown.gif I am sick and I need help so I booked a back to back on Century in November. No grandchildren then so its okay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisinjudy:

I have four future cruises booked. I don't have a problem, I don't , I don't!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, my dear, you do have a problem. You just have to admit it. That is the first step.

Then, while you are on your cruises, check the daily papers for "Friends of Danno meeting". You will find other persons there who are similarily afflicted.

Good Luck!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;5;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on SUMMIT for 10 nights

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;01;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until MOAGC's on Explorer of the Seas

cposalute.gif

Seven Cruises last Century, then:

Norwegian Sky 2000 GGC2000

Volendam 2001 GGC2001

Paradise 2001

Sensation 2002 GGC2002

Millenium 2003 (Nov 16)

Mariner OTS 2004 (Feb 29)

Summit 2004 (Nov 05)

Explorer OTS 2005 (Jan 09)

Yes on all points, but I am quite comfortable with my addiction. The only problem it causes for my family is that they have to go on an occasional cruise -- which is not really a problem at all, right Danno?

chesterh

Cruise stories, pictures and videos at chesterh.com

Last cruise, aboard the Millennium, E. Caribbean (but who's counting?)

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://chesterh.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=2>

<param name="day" value=22>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

Yes, I am a cruise junkie and I am not ashamed to admit it. I think a 12 step program is a great idea. The first step would be to take a cruise with the group!Any ideas out there what the next 11 steps would be in the program?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Danno:

1)Do you keep cruise brochures and magazines in the bathroom??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gifYes, Danno; that's what known as "sh*terature".

My name is Ann and I am a "cruise junkie",,,and proud of it!Do not want any help for my addiction very comfortable with it...Just wish we could do more cruises,,have next one booked in Jan.05 on the beautiful Summit,,meanwhile if something really comes along in between who knows!

Archived