Sanctuary

dottedline

Yes. You must wait until you are on board. Then go up to the Sanctuary and book it if you are looking to reserve for the entire week. :)
I'm planning to do this on the Island a month from now. Don't have a balcony so the Sanctuary is the next best thing. :)

I'm planning to do this on the Island a month from now. Don't have a balcony so the Sanctuary is the next best thing. :)

I have done this for most of my cruises. I am not sure about this SA in January. I am not sure if it will be worth it. It can get a bit windy up there. What do you think?

I would love to know the opinions of those who actually booked the Sanctuary. I was thinking of buying it for my parents as a surprise but sure don't want to do it if it isn't worth it. We will be on the Ruby Princess in December.

I love it. I have these two crazy busy jobs and I have to be moving and "on" all the time. The Sanctuary offers, well, sanctuary. It is quiet and calm and well padded. A nice person makes the lounge bed and brings me towels and fruit water and food ( for a $3 delivery charge). I can read and sleep and watch the sea. I never take my patter. Sometimes I don't even open my Kindle or iPad. I sit. Still. It is wonderful. :)

I'm on the Island Princess out of Vancouver in a couple of weeks and am wondering how one books a spot in the Sanctuary? Can you only do it once you're onboard? And if so, where?

We got off the Coral northbound Vancouver to Whittier cruise two weeks ago. We stopped by the Sanctuary and spent some time talking to the attendent.

He told us that for the Alaska cruises, the Sanctuary is never booked completely and there is plenty of availability throughout the week.

For warm weather cruises, he said the Sanctuary is usually booked to the max, so this only holds true for colder weather destinations.

You may want to just book for the days you are interested in using it, or at least talk to the attendant first before making a decision. I was in an inside cabin and had no trouble finding many good places for viewing, both inside and outside of the ship.

The sanctuary on the Coral and Island is in the way back of the ship behind the spa area. You can access it by going up to where the spa deck is deck 14 and there are outside walkways on either side that access the Sanctuary. It was two decks in space, so if you are on one deck and don't see the attendant, go down a deck. The attendant was taking reservations for the week on the first afternoon as people were boarding. You can also make reservations throughout the week as long as there is availability, which I was told would not be an issue on the Alaskan cruises.

Keep in mind also, that there is limited overhead protection there is the weather gets rainy.

Hmm...I'm thinking about this for our Mex Riviera cruise on Star next month. If you had a Caribe balcony cabin, would you do it? I know Francesca will have at least one massage and I'm thinking she might like to have it (them) here and have access all 10 days. Decisions, decisions.

Can anyone explain exactly what is included in terms of food and drink for the extra little fee they charge? I can't seem to find this info :confused:

Archived