Review of Carnival Conquest Not so Conquested

tiffy0428

She is probably referring to maybe some older (southern?) guests don't care much for "party" ( aka) rap music.

That's what the carnival worker was referring to. I don't understand how people are taking the words of someone else and bashing me for it. I was just stating what was said to me.

Well, I'm Southern and I'm older I guess (65), but I like to have as much fun as those from the North. Not sure what is meant by this comment.:confused:

Talk to Phil about that , I am just relaying the message . He told me that the southern guest were complaing. I honestly don't know where he got the factual information maybe from surveys. I really don't know

How did you make your reservations to Sunset Beach? How much did it cost for the day pass? Can you just walk up and get in without a reservation?

I did it through an Jamaicain excursions webite. I left a $20 deposit for myself and $10 for my children. Yes you can walk in and just pay when you get there.

Why people have to be so mean. No I did not enjoy the Conquest Ship but I did enjoy my days off the ship. I have sailed other Carnival ships and enjoyed the ship and the entertainment but I am sorry Conquest just seem to really lack the entertainment area.

I don't gamble so I did not spend much time in there. The dance club played so much rap it was annoying and when he wasn't playing rap he was playing cupid shuffle, wobble, and cha cha slide. I think the top 40's would have done great.

I have nothing against southern people my mother and father are both born and raised in the South. I did not make the comment I was stating what was said to me. I can't give you full answeres to why it was said when I was not the one who said it.

There hours in the day when we had absolutely nothing to do unless we wanted to bing bag toss or sing karaoke.

As to the person who commented about my lost reservations, it's water under the bridge I still paid the fee and entered Mr. Sanchos, I just am not a fan of the place and their over all service, nothing personal.

At the end of the day there won't be 100 % perfect reviews written about Carnival. The ship may have worked for others but it was not for me. I am not trying to bash carnival just know that it could have been a little better.

And what I mean by " Not So Conquested" is that with the name i thought it would have conquered in all areas.

Im on Conquest next week myself .. and would not have picked the date if all things had been equal. .. but Im not the one who picked the date.

The fact that Conquest is soon to go into a extensive dry dock concerns me as I know things might not be kept up and show more wear right now.. and the workers know some areas will be torn up, so not going to give it full attention. Ive even seen them start work early on the changes.

But I know as a group we will have a great time.. conquest.. Im not so sure about.

Im on Conquest next week myself .. and would not have picked the date if all things had been equal. .. but Im not the one who picked the date.

The fact that Conquest is soon to go into a extensive dry dock concerns me as I know things might not be kept up and show more wear right now.. and the workers know some areas will be torn up, so not going to give it full attention. Ive even seen them start work early on the changes.

But I know as a group we will have a great time.. conquest.. Im not so sure about.

As a group of 36 we had a fabulous time (when we got off the ship). My wait staff was amazing as well in the dinning room and my room steward was great. I am looking forward to the Valor next year out of San Juan.

As a group of 36 we had a fabulous time (when we got off the ship). My wait staff was amazing as well in the dinning room and my room steward was great. I am looking forward to the Valor next year out of San Juan.

Im doing Celebrity out of San Juan, B2B .. the prices were just too cheap to pass up. Made it a B2B so I didnt waste the airfare flying to a more expensive port.

My first time out of San Juan, hope I can find a decent airfare.

I hope we both love going out of San Juan .. Ive only heard about it.. happy cruising to you.

I too have sailed the conquest and found it to be lacking in many areas. The food was nothing to write home about, staff was rude and usually acted as if they would rather have been any place but where they were. Decor was gaudy, tasteless, just awful, but that is the standard for carnival ships. I didn't like sailing out of NO either, we went in Feb. and lost 2 days of warm weather just sailing the Mississippi! I really could go on but have wasted enough time on this ship, and on this cruise line in general!

We just got off the Conquest last Sunday. The food was the best we've had in 61 cruises. It only takes 8 hours to get through the Mississippi and it's mostly done at night.

Talk to Phil about that , I am just relaying the message . He told me that the southern guest were complaing. I honestly don't know where he got the factual information maybe from surveys. I really don't know

Not bashing you, just asking a question. They may have cancelled certain things, but it would have had to be from previous cruises, not complainers

that specific cruise. Shucks, I don't even get the Email questionair that some talk about receiving after their cruise. Sure wish they still had those comment cards, without the sales pitch from the CD to give all the top grades.

I did it through an Jamaicain excursions webite. I left a $20 deposit for myself and $10 for my children. Yes you can walk in and just pay when you get there.

Thank you for that info. I really appreciate all the pics you haved shared. Seeing that resort has made us decide it might be worth getting off the ship in Jamaica after all. Can you tell me what the total charge was and does it include the drinks and food too?

Im doing Celebrity out of San Juan, B2B .. the prices were just too cheap to pass up. Made it a B2B so I didnt waste the airfare flying to a more expensive port.

My first time out of San Juan, hope I can find a decent airfare.

I hope we both love going out of San Juan .. Ive only heard about it.. happy cruising to you.

I would love to sail Celebrity if the prices are too good to pass up. What is the date of that cruise? Just checked airfare - for me, wife and grandson it would be about $1500 out of DFW. But I selected a February date - other dates may be considerably cheaper.

I went around and collected money for the open bar and then went to the sail away party. The rain was coming down hard but that didn't stop us from being on deck, the entertainment crew came out to do the sign up for the mixologist contest and guess what, 5 of the people including myself that cruised got picked. Sail away was not as usual the music wasn't the best and the rain had a lot of people inside. Due to everything we ate at the buffet tonight then went to the Vincent Lounge for our open bar party

DSCN0426.jpg

DSCN0429.jpg

Your friend's denim jacket is so cute!!! Do you know where she purchased it and how long ago???

Your review is great!!! Thank you for the pictures.

I loved the beaches had fun at all of them except in Mexico, however I did not enjoy the Conquest ship. It was boreing the food was not that good and the staff wasn't good in the entertainment part. I am not saying this because I want to "bash Carnival as I cruise Carnival every August. I just didn't have the best time on this particular ship.

Thought the same thing when I went on Conquest last October. I lived outside of New Orleans when Conquest was there the first time & everyone I spoke to was wanting to sail on Conquest. They kept raving about it. When I finally went on Conquest, I was not "conquested". Did not understand what all the raving was about. The service was not up to par compared to my previous two Carnival Cruises. The weather did not help either but I can not blame Carnival for that.

Despite my experience, I am looking at sailing again on Conquest for her repositioning cruise next November. Maybe with the upgrades she & the staff will be better (I hope.).

It was not I that said it, it was the cruise worker Phil that explained to me that they cut back on some of the activities because the southern people were complaing about it. Don't shoot the messenger I am just stating what was said to me when I asked about a game called quest and a few others.

I did not get into him of what he meant by the "southern people" because I did not care to know.

I realize that you were not the one who said anything and I was not bashing or hating on you. I was curious. Did not know if you questioned him any about what was complained about and how he knew who complained. Just seemed like a strange statement from someone on the crew. I don't think anyone was bashing you or shooting the messenger. We all were just wondering what he meant and what activities were supposedly cancelled. You never said what was cancelled. Do you know?

Thanks for the review, and the pictures. The resort in Jamaica looks like a lot of fun.

We were looking at Conquest to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and ended up booking Navigator OTS both to try RCI again and because the prices for this particular date were actually lower than Conquest.

I was happy when Conquest came to NOLA--at the moment, if we want to cruise, it has to be within driving distance--we loved the Triumph, and thought maybe Conquest would be great.

Perhaps our next Carnival cruise out of NOLA will be on Sunshine (after Elation in 3 weeks, that is). :)

Archived