Would you give up the same cabin on a B2B for a price drop?

We are doing a B2B on the Liberty in November and have the same balcony cabin for both. The balcony on the first has gone down $200.00 but it is a guarantee balcony. Would you make the change? if so, how much of a hassle is it to change rooms?

We gave up having the same room on our B2B for an aft JS for our side JS for the second week. I was thinking I was crazy to not have to move for the second week, but the lure of the aft JS with the large balconies made it worth it to us. So you will have to decide if your location is desireable enough to give up your spot for the second week for $200, or take the chance on what you will get for your guarantee room. You can ask for a different room if you don't like the first room they give you for your guarantee. We tried a guarantee a couple of years ago on the Indy and got a nice balcony by the hump for $325pp, it was probably the cheapest cruise we ever have been on!:D:D

Keith

We gave up having the same room on our B2B for an aft JS for our side JS for the second week. I was thinking I was crazy to not have to move for the second week, but the lure of the aft JS with the large balconies made it worth it to us. So you will have to decide if your location is desireable enough to give up your spot for the second week for $200, or take the chance on what you will get for your guarantee room. You can ask for a different room if you don't like the first room they give you for your guarantee. We tried a guarantee a couple of years ago on the Indy and got a nice balcony by the hump for $325pp, it was probably the cheapest cruise we ever have been on!:D:D

Keith

Thanks, the bad thing is that we DO have a hump ~ I guess I'm crazy for even thinking about it:eek:

Actually we did do it. The first leg of our B2B had a Balcony Guarantee for over $300 pp less, so we let go of the first cabin and took the Guarantee. As things turned out we were able to move cabins around on both cruises (after we were assigned a cabin, a D2 as it turned out to be) and now we are in side-by-side cabins, so on turnaround day we just have to move next door! That $600 will go a long way towards paying for other things....like my hot stone massage!!:D

We have the same situation, but our difference is only $100. So far, we have stayed with our original cabin. Think we will just stay put--we are center hump also. Love the convenience of not moving. Just fun to be able to get up, go to breakfast & just have a relaxing morning walking around the ship. Only once have we had to change cabins on a b2b--moved down about 4 cabins. It wasn't hard, just inconvenient. The cabin steward will move all your stuff, try to hang everything possible because he will just move clothes from oe closet to the other. You will have to pack up all your belongings & items in drawers, etc.

As a committed price snob I absolutely would make the move.

On our one and only B2B [at least together -- DW has done a couple for her girls cruises] we had the same room. The day before turn around, our room attendant came up to me and said he noticed we were on the B2B list and wanted to double check to make sure we knew what needed to be done. If we had been changing rooms we would only have had to remove things from drawers and cabinets. He would then have moved all our stuff for us. All of the hanging clothes in the closet he would have moved and hung in the closet in our new room. We didn't have to change rooms but he made it clear it would have been no big deal and he would have done all the hard work.

I would definitely do it. If your original cabin is still available when guarantee assignment is made you can call and ask to be placed in that cabin rather than the one randomly assigned you. Plus a cabin change is really no big deal. The room stewards take care of the move for you. We gathered our personal belongings (that I preferred to handle myself) into our suitcases. But left all the hanging clothes in the closet on hangers. The cabin fairies did the rest. :D. That money can be better used elsewhere for me....

I would probably do it... $200 is a nice chunk of cash... enough to cover most of your tips for both legs... Luckily I had the same room on both legs of my B2B so didn't have to worry about the move but for $200... give me a garbage bag to put my stuff in and i'll lug it down the hall myself ;)

Thanks, the bad thing is that we DO have a hump ~ I guess I'm crazy for even thinking about it:eek:

Given up humps and afts to save money!:D More to spend on another cruise........

Archived