Sky coming into Miami now?

pcreek

Wait - is she turning right there? Having trouble or normal? I've seen the ships turn around in the basin at the end of the channel, but guess I never paid attention if they turned at their space.

She will make a big sweeping turn to turn around face out of the channel to get into Her docking position. If you are ever on a Norwegian ship docking in Miami, get up early and go out on the back deck to watch. It is beautiful to see, all he city buildings ablaze in lights in the early morning.

Yep it's her!

Read over on the Carnival board some cruisers at the Miami airport waiting to go to the port - said "people angry" and "pure chaos", so I bet it's a mess.

gee. i guess they didnt think what could happen during hurricane season :rolleyes:. just another reason i never do.

I am not sure why the port closed. I have seen it stay open in much worse weather. I thought for sure the Sky would have been in before noon today. Not sure why the port remained closed for so long. Yes, it rained alot today in Miami but we get this kind of rain ALL the time during this time of year.

In any event, I am sure some people are angry but this has NOTHING to do with NCL and only the port of Miami. Saftey always comes first. But I just am curious why it was closed so long during less severe weather as other times.

Who knows.

wow, they are all stacked up :eek:. how would you like too be a employee at the port today. especially right in the terminal.

Nope..I'll pass on that one, thanks! I'm sure there will be lots of upset pax - even tho it's no one's fault..they'll have to be angry at someone and port employees are right there. :(

She will make a big sweeping turn to turn around face out of the channel to get into Her docking position.

It looked like they started and then maybe decided against that maneuver today? The webcam operator zoomed in and when she was facing me it scared me that they had a problem LOL. The tugs then were pushing on the rear to get her in and she was facing the basin. Maybe the wind, or not enough time to turn before the Majesty would be passing?

My wind story from long ago. One time on the old Westerdam (HAL) we were leaving Ft Lauderdale and it was very windy. We pulled out and almost immediately headed sideways toward the piers and struck them once, twice, three times before we finally cleared. A couple minutes later a crewman was lowered over to gauge the damage - and then pretty soon we saw a can of paint being sent down to him. We laughed and said there was probably more tire scuffs on the side of that ship than a NASCAR race car :)

Yes they move it to focus on ships arriving and departing

So if your cruise leaves the POM you can have your friends tune in and tell them you will be the one jumping up an down on the deck....along with the other thousands.....:D

So if your cruise leaves the POM you can have your friends tune in and tell them you will be the one jumping up an down on the deck....along with the other thousands.....:D

Yes. I've said that as my next cruise arrives in Miami on Nov 4th and they'll be watching :)

Archived