just throwing it out here

njsonja

I had a $550 obc on a cruise i have to switch to another cruise a week later in the same type of cabin, from the jewel to the gem due to a scheduling conflict at husband's job....why must i lose that obc????

sonja

I had a $550 obc on a cruise i have to switch to another cruise a week later in the same type of cabin, from the jewel to the gem due to a scheduling conflict at husband's job....why must i lose that obc????

sonja

Because you cancelled your cruise.

I understand that you rebooked and agree that it totally stinks but the fact remains that you did cancel your cruise.

$550 is a bitter pill to swallow. :(

sonja

Did you keep the exact same cabin price? Doubtful......but you cancelled and rebooked and that is the way OBC works. You only get what is offered at the time of booking, not past deals.:rolleyes:

sonja

I feel your pain. We went from an OS and PH to the GV on our cruise next week with my parents. We had $1300 OBC between the two rooms. Paid over $5000 to upgrade but lost $1050 in OBC. I definitely did not realize how much it would cost in OBC when I changed rooms.

It depends on the conditions around which the OBC was issued in the first place - as the others have said when you cancel and re-book you will get the terms and conditions of the new booking. However I would think that the AMEX promotion would transfer - unless it was a promotion that was cruise specific. I would look into this further if I were you.

It depends on the conditions around which the OBC was issued in the first place - as the others have said when you cancel and re-book you will get the terms and conditions of the new booking. However I would think that the AMEX promotion would transfer - unless it was a promotion that was cruise specific. I would look into this further if I were you.

The OP rebooked when that AmEx promotion was longer available.

Even when the AMEX promotion was current - it was for booking a suite at least 9 months in advance. It is no longer current and the new cruise probably isn't 9 months out anymore either.

it was from the jewel to the gem...it was the amex promo and i'm still in a suite...funny, isn't it, how they can take your deposit and transfer it over...but not your obc?

Actually, OBC and deposits aren't related so there isn't a comparison.

A deposit is money you have put down to hold your cabin.

OBC is promotional and is limited to the conditions it was given under.

Actually, OBC and deposits aren't related so there isn't a comparison.

A deposit is money you have put down to hold your cabin.

OBC is promotional and is limited to the conditions it was given under.

Particularly when NCL held and transferred the deposit, but Amex was responsible for the OBC.

Archived