What's in you carry on?

Herbaltees

Usually carry on all our documents, valuables/electronics, meds and our wine.

There is no limit to the number of carry ons you can bring, the only size limitations are that it must fit thru the X-ray machine or be checked.

Just remember that anything you bring on, you have to carry around until your rooms are ready - generally around 1:30pm

I carry my valuables that I don't want lost or damaged in my checked bags, such as my iPad, iPod, phone and Kindle plus our passports, ID, ship documents, travelers checks, credit card, and actual money for tipping the parking shuttle and porters. My carry on is like a backpack that goes crossways across my body.

I also carry a lanyard for all of us so we can punch our S&S cards & put them around our necks immediately.

Some people carry a bathing suit or extra clothes, but I figure we can wait until we get into our room if we are desparate to change clothes. We've never had a problem getting in our room fairly quickly on Carnival.

Thats pretty much the main stuff we'll carry in our carry-ons. Everything else is checked.

Oh - we MAY carry on a couple of bottles of wine too - haven't decided yet.

I am going to use a small rolling suitcase (sized for carry on the plane). In it I plan to have:

Meds

toiletries (lens solution, glasses, toothbrushes)

bathing suits

outfits for the first night (we are in the Steakhouse)***

wine

12 pack of soda

I always carry a sling backpack when traveling that has our travel documentation, camera, book etc. Anything I plan to 'use' on the plane (the other carry on goes in the overhead and stays there for the duration of the flight)

*** I read on another thread it isn't uncommon to not get your bags by dinner. Since we are doing the steakhouse we need something a little nicer then our traveling clothes!

Between DH & I we bring our camera equipment, laptop, iphones, kindles, meds, travel docs, snacks for the kids, juice boxes, & 2 changes of clothes for everyone (rolled up tight in individual zippy bags). My 2 DS each have a tiny backpack that they put their blankies & Teddy bears in.

We all wear our swim suits on so when we get on board we can just find a lounger to park daddy on with a cheeseburger, fruity drink, and our backpacks & go swimming!!

I cruise with just a carry on. All of my clothes and everything. I've learned how to pack to max my space and have what I need for my cruise. I wear cocktail dresses to dinner. no formal wear. 3 pairs of shoes and one of them are usually on my feet at all times.

I usually have in my rolling carry-on:

• A sundress in case our luggage doesnt show up in time for dinner
  • My bottle of wine
  • Cruise documents (birth certificates, id's and boarding passes)
  • 12 pack of water
  • 6 pack of sodas
  • wine tool
  • Wallet & tip money
  • Cell phones & chargers
  • Camera & charger
  • curling iron & straightener
  • small hairdryer
  • wrinkle release
  • journal for cruise review
  • snorkel
  • book

We also carry on a less than 12x12x12 cooler which holds:

• All our medications
  • Seabands
  • makeup
  • hair stuff
  • sunscreen and aloe
  • deoderant
  • toothpaste & toothbrushes
  • chapstick
  • Qtips
  • body spray and lotion
  • razors
  • jewelry
  • nail clips and polish
  • earplugs
  • pistachios
  • post-its & markers
  • flashlights

Wanderingjew.....everything.

We use rick steves soft sided bag...we can pack everything into it for one or two weeks. My scuba gear stays at a friends in Cozumel or I would have to go back to a checked bag. Really check out these bags. I have had several people on planes go..your never gonna get that into...there?

nice bag man!

In "airport size" carry-on suitcase I'll have water, wine, 6 oz cans of pineapple juice and maybe some caffeine free pop and will probably stuff a couple other things in it if I can so it will pack tight.

I also have a rolling backpack that I carry instead of a purse which will have:

Cruise Documents

Passport

Billfold

Cash

Xtra Luggage Tags

Zip Ties

Prescription Medicines

Kindle

Ports of Call Info

Sunglasses

Pens

Highliters

Chargers

Phones, Kindle, Camera

Camera

Ibuprofen

Deck Plans

SPF Lip Balm

Computer

meds, makeup, jewellery, styling gel and mousse, blowdryer, hairbrushes, facial cleanser and moisturizer, a pair or two of underwear and socks just in case, toothbrush/toothpaste, antiperspirant, paperback novel. All this fits with room to spare in a 12" duffle. Sometimes I'll use a bigger duffle and cram my own pillow in.

I also carry a small purse containing passport, money, credit card, mag strip card for the safe (usually my library card), glasses, flashlight, cellphone.

Clothes fit in a 20" roller. I'm sailing from my homeport in a few months, and might take more stuff. Maybe the 24" roller with my pillow inside. We'll see.

Our carry-on include our passports, wallet (driver's license, credit card and money), pjs, two changes of clothes (one for dining that night and an extra change of clothes for the next day, just in case), meds, tooth brush and tooth paste, brush/comb, and deodrant. Oh and a change of underwear :eek:

And since it is a wheeled piece of luggage it is easy to wheel behind us until our stateroom is ready.

Hi! I bring a Roller Bag filled with 12 pk Water, Medications, 12 pack of Diet Soda. Also, a Carryon filled with Documents, All Toiletries for the 4 of us :) Plus the kids have back packs for Games and stuff :)

After lots of travel, I've learned a few lessons! I highly suggest a rolling bag to begin with. Next, be sure any valuables are in there. Next, make a list of essentials that you will need the first day or two and make sure it's in there. I was once delayed without my main bag and had only my carry-on.... in which I had put all sorts of non-essential items, leaving me walking around without appropriate clothing and shoes -- oops! Good luck!

Usually carry on all our documents, valuables/electronics, meds and our wine.

There is no limit to the number of carry ons you can bring, the only size limitations are that it must fit thru the X-ray machine or be checked.

Just remember that anything you bring on, you have to carry around until your rooms are ready - generally around 1:30pm

That's what we put in there too. I also put my jewelry, books, magazines, and cosmetics. My extra pairs of glasses and contact and contact solution and cleaner goes in there to. Oh yeah, and some snacks!:D

Archived