The loved and hated "Patch"

hannahsmomtoo

http://transdermscop.com/

Here is the brand name for the patch. It's always worked for me, but some people have undesired reactions. I would recommend not wearing them for more than about 5 days. I went on a 10 day cruise, and replaced them as directed for the whole time. I ended up getting land sick, and feeling drugged for the next week once I removed the patch.

http://transdermscop.com/

Here is the brand name for the patch. It's always worked for me, but some people have undesired reactions. I would recommend not wearing them for more than about 5 days. I went on a 10 day cruise, and replaced them as directed for the whole time. I ended up getting land sick, and feeling drugged for the next week once I removed the patch.

Yep.. I have read a zillion threads about the pros and cons.. thank you.. Lord knows if my insurance mafia will even cover it... !

Works wonderful for me. Maybe if you weight less than 100 lbs or children should not use a full patch?

It actually has the same meds in it as pills .. it just lasts a full 3 days at max power (lasts longer to me).

Morning FF

Well the under 100lbs is not an issue for me.. :rolleyes:

and I am sticking with Bonine for my teenager regardless.

Not sure if I will even need it, but I have been seasick in the past and I intend to embark fully prepared :D

Morning FF

Well the under 100lbs is not an issue for me.. :rolleyes:

and I am sticking with Bonine for my teenager regardless.

Not sure if I will even need it, but I have been seasick in the past and I intend to embark fully prepared :D

I think the chewable bonine is just as good, it just doesnt last as long. same meds are in the patch. I like the chewable bonine as it gets right in my system fast. I wait until Im seasick to take it.. and it cures me in a minute or less.. as soon as it starts dissolving in my stomach.

I think the chewable bonine is just as good, it just doesnt last as long. same meds are in the patch. I like the chewable bonine as it gets right in my system fast. I wait until Im seasick to take it.. and it cures me in a minute or less.. as soon as it starts dissolving in my stomach.

I wasn't aware it was the same meds.. same active ingredients?

I wonder if I need to even bother with a patch RX then....

Not sure where you got that info. Bonine is meclizine, an antihistamine. The Transderm Scop patch is scopolamine, an anti-cholinergic. There is an oral form of scopolamine, though....

Not sure where you got that info. Bonine is meclizine, an antihistamine. The Transderm Scop patch is scopolamine, an anti-cholinergic. There is an oral form of scopolamine, though....

OK thanks for clearing this up.

I know I had read that you could take it orally, didnt know it was a different med though.

I only have 2 patches left in the box from 2006.. once they are gone, they are gone. they still work lol.

I have only used the patches in extreme cases of rough hurricane water... like 24 ft waves rocking the bed so you almost fall out... otherwise, I just use bonine.

I've found that different products that are effective for one person aren't for another. The patch was somewhat effective but bothered me with dry mouth and wooziness. Dramamine has never worked for me. Wrist bands, don't think they worked. Meclizine, the active ingredient in Bonine did work last time I needed it so that's what I'll take this time.

Has anyone heard of Motion eaze it's in a Liquid form It sales at wallyworld for like $3 ???Does it work? I really don't want to go to doc. For patch.:(

Herbal oil - be careful if you have sensitivity to salicylates as the birch oil contains that.

You could also get generic Meclizine from the wally world pharmacy - should be less than $5 for a 100-ct bottle but they will most likely need to order it. No script needed.

Archived