Princess Champage Flutes

SiBreeze

We have done both the UBD and UBB, and we did not get any souvenir flutes (like that or otherwise) for either meal. Admittedly, the last of these was at least 3 years ago, so things could have changed since then, but I do not recall seeing or hearing of anyone receiving flutes like that for the UBD or UBB recently. Sorry.

Does the Princess website still sell bon voyage gifts? I got a pair of flutes with gold trim a few years ago along with my champagne and other gifts that were ordered by my kids as a bon voyage gift for us. They were in the cabin when we arrived.

We have a couple of these. We were on the Star some years ago when they were doing a promotion of a free celebration package for anyone celebrating a 'special' wedding anniversary on board. We had a bottle of fizz and the glasses, chocolate dipped strawberries, a flower arrangement and a free photo on formal evening. Haven't noticed them advertising anything like that recently.

I wonder if they will get anyone to buy them at that price? I have 4. I could offer them at a special price and still make a fortune. :)

Flutes were given to returning passengers I think in the late 80's, early 90's.. I still have a dozen or so.. :D

Me too including a pair etched with '1989' but after that in the early 90s they didn't etch the year. I see one selling for $23.99 on eBay but I'll keep mine with their original boxes. Whenever I enjoy some champagne these are the flutes that I use to remember a wonderful Princess cruise! :D

Originally Posted by LARGIN

Flutes were given to returning passengers I think in the late 80's, early 90's.. I still have a dozen or so..

I guess those were "the good old days".

Not much free stuff now.:rolleyes:

Hmm, let's see, the 80's - Princess champage flutes. The 21st century - 25 cent Princess Tote Bag. Ah yes, how times have changed. :eek:

Hey Largin, wanna sell a pair of your flutes? ;)

Hmm, let's see, the 80's - Princess champage flutes. The 21st century - 25 cent Princess Tote Bag. Ah yes, how times have changed. :eek:

It's a big difference but so are the prices in comparison to the 80s. There are many more cabins available in the 21st Century resulting in lower relative prices for everyone. I'll take paying less & sailing more often even if there are fewer freebies. :D

Archived