Papeete Arrival Advice

JFO23

Right out front when you come out of customs, will be no problem. Taxi is 50% after dark so I would ask the charge before getting in, it should be around $30 - $40 for 2 people with bags

50% less or more? We will be arriving close to midnight and will need to get to our hotel near the airport (the Manaeva).

50% less or more? We will be arriving close to midnight and will need to get to our hotel near the airport (the Manaeva).

We are on the April 7th cruise and will also be requiring transportation at around midnight (after clearing customs) to the Manava Suites. They said to take a taxi but all the guide books say that they are very expensive. The Manava Suites is only about 5 km from the airport so is the taxis $40 for two? Do they only take CFP? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
We're arriving at 6:45 AM and going straight to the ship. How much would a taxi be at 8:00 or 9:00 AM on a Saturday?

Should we use the ATM at the airport to pay the taxi or just use USD?

Thanks for your help!

I noticed that you are cruising on the Ocean Princess. Do you think that we will able to check in our luggage that early? I am also on the early morning flight, but on 2/8. I figured I would try and "kill" some time after customs and the go straight to the ship.

Has anyone done this with the early flight?

Thanks.

I noticed that you are cruising on the Ocean Princess. Do you think that we will able to check in our luggage that early? I am also on the early morning flight, but on 2/8. I figured I would try and "kill" some time after customs and the go straight to the ship.

Has anyone done this with the early flight?

Thanks.

We're just planning to take our time with customs, etc., and then take a taxi whenever we're ready. I read somewhere that the Princess transfer doesn't even start leaving the airport until 10:00 AM and I'll be way too anxious to wait around for that. :eek: I'm optimistic we can check our luggage at the pier and then just walk around that area before actual check-in. If I think of it I'll post after we return and let you know the scoop. ;)

All very simple--they take the luggage as soon as you are at the pier--there is a covered area right next to the check-in tent--if too earlly--just go across to the Marche or just wander around--you may want to pick up a floral arrangement for your cabin at the Marche--nice and not too expensive--the dock is very close to the ferry to Moorea--you'll find something to do--we've been on the ten day cruise many times and love the small ships

Safe Travels

Nancy:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
We're just planning to take our time with customs, etc., and then take a taxi whenever we're ready. I read somewhere that the Princess transfer doesn't even start leaving the airport until 10:00 AM and I'll be way too anxious to wait around for that. :eek: I'm optimistic we can check our luggage at the pier and then just walk around that area before actual check-in. If I think of it I'll post after we return and let you know the scoop. ;)

We have the same plan. If you could post your experience it would be appreciated. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Archived