Coke Rewards

Duddy

Does anyone else use them? I have been watching and looks like RCL has cruise on on board credits for $50 or $25 but only for European sailings. Never really cared until we just booked our March Caribbean cruise.

Has anyone been doing Coke rewards long enough to notice? Have they ever offered RCL North America on board credits? We have some time so I want to be patient. I would hate to waste my points on an oven mitt or something LOL :rolleyes:

Thanks!

~Bob~

Does anyone else use them? I have been watching and looks like RCL has cruise on on board credits for $50 or $25 but only for European sailings. Never really cared until we just booked our March Caribbean cruise.

Has anyone been doing Coke rewards long enough to notice? Have they ever offered RCL North America on board credits? We have some time so I want to be patient. I would hate to waste my points on an oven mitt or something LOL :rolleyes:

Thanks!

~Bob~

I remember several years ago they had rewards that included the soft drink package on board, but nothing like that for a while now.

We cashed in our coke rewards for $50 onboard credit. Unfortunately RCI won't combine this code with the other code we already had for crown and anchor discounts. The CandA discount was more so we are stuck with the code for Mediterranean cruise onboard credit we can't use. If anyone wants it we can do a trade I guess. It expires the end of 2012 and is only good for Mediterranean cruises. I hate that I used my reward points up and don't want to make this useless.

Thanks!

Years ago -- I think it was 2008 -- there was a promotion that provided for a 7 day soda package for coke points, about 450 points if I recall. I started saving points then with the hope I would be able to use them for a soda package at some point. To my knowledge [and I look relatively frequently] that offer was short-lived [expired well before I had enough points] and has never been repeated. There have also been some sweepstakes for free cruises which I have never won.

In general, the "rewards" available from the Coke program [top to bottom] are crap. They changed the program a few years ago so that the most any one item costs is 2000 points. If you check [which I have] the actual cash value of a 2000 pt "reward" is about $20. At 10 points for a 12 pack, and a limit of 120 points a week, that's a lot of effort for a piece of junk. I have gotten a couple of free magazine subscriptions, but that's about it. But I am OCD enough that I can't quit saving the points.

Years ago -- I think it was 2008 -- there was a promotion that provided for a 7 day soda package for coke points, about 450 points if I recall. I started saving points then with the hope I would be able to use them for a soda package at some point. To my knowledge [and I look relatively frequently] that offer was short-lived [expired well before I had enough points] and has never been repeated. There have also been some sweepstakes for free cruises which I have never won.

In general, the "rewards" available from the Coke program [top to bottom] are crap. They changed the program a few years ago so that the most any one item costs is 2000 points. If you check [which I have] the actual cash value of a 2000 pt "reward" is about $20. At 10 points for a 12 pack, and a limit of 120 points a week, that's a lot of effort for a piece of junk. I have gotten a couple of free magazine subscriptions, but that's about it. But I am OCD enough that I can't quit saving the points.

We have gotten 7 Six Flags tickets and 4 World of Coke tickets with ours....and it IS a lot of effort! But, if I can keep getting free tickets to do things with the kids then I am all for putting forth the effort. :D

I just keep doing the sweepstakes they have . I know it is a long shot but I don't drink enough soda these days to make it worth saving the points. So I just do the sweepstakes and hope alot :D They did have a sweepstakes for a 7 day royal caribbean cruise ...still have my fingers locked ;) !!

We used the Coke Rewards for one of the soda cards a few years ago. I'm OCD too, I guess because for the most part, the rewards are crappy. I kept looking prior to our last cruise and didn't see anything except the Sweepstakes. When I returned, I noticed the points for the hardcover 12 x 12 book you can make with your photos (Shutterfly). We had over 300 photos and we now have a really neat book with a fabulous photo of us in front of the Trevi Fountain on the cover, filled with all the stops on our Med cruise. For us, this was a much better way to use the points than the soda card. Just a suggestion but it's really easy to put it together (we did it in one morning from our digital camera) and it looks great!!! It's 400 points and we added a few pages, but it was a great deal for us. No one has a "book" like ours...one of a kind. I now have enough to get another book for a relative that went with us and we will be sending the shots again and surprising her with the gift.

About 3 years ago, they offered a 5 bottle Gold Wine & Dine package for about 2000 points. I did get that for a cruise to Bermuda and it was upgraded to a platinum Wine & Dine package. That was worth it. I keep saving points in case they offer a Wine & Dine package again.

I do use 250 points for the coupons for a free 12 pack of cans (can be any variety of coke products). I also got a free 8x8 shutterfly photo book, which I am working on with pictures from our Mediterranean cruise. I am sure I'll end up adding pages, but it will be worth it.

Been saving and using them over the last few years. My wife and I drink nothing but coke. I give a list of all the magazines available to my family members and we all get them free. Must have at least twenty subscriptions going at this time. I always keep a few thousand points just in case RCL lists something good.

I had forgotten about that one. Wasn't that limited to certain cruises though?

The Wine & dine I got was not limited to certain cruises, but it sold out very quickly. Haven't seen it since, but keep checking.

About 3 years ago, they offered a 5 bottle Gold Wine & Dine package for about 2000 points. I did get that for a cruise to Bermuda and it was upgraded to a platinum Wine & Dine package. That was worth it. I keep saving points in case they offer a Wine & Dine package again.

We started the program when they offered the wine and dine package but they haven't offered it since.

we have almost 4000 points.

I like using the Coke Reward points for one day car rentals. That is a good deal if you have ports for which they might work. Avis was doing it and maybe some other car companies as well.

Certainly worth more than the twenty bucks someone referenced earlier. And now I know to go look for soda cards on their site too so thanks for sharing in case they pop up again.

When I first saw the Coke Rewards was right after our first cruise in 2007. They had something like $500 off a cruise for some reasonable amount of points. Needless to say it wasn't out there by the item I had the points. I was able to get a couple soda cards. But lately the 'rewards' have been pretty useless. OBC that's not combine able with anything, 'wallpaper' pictures and a digital cookbook. I've also entered the contests but with no luck.

MCR - If you're reading this, PLEASE bring back Soda Cards again.

Erika

Thanks!

~Bob~

Be very careful. I have a European cruise booked and tried to use one of those OBC awards. Unless you use it WHEN BOOKING it's useless.

I got my code and called RCI and they hadn't a clue what to do with the code. I had to go up a few levels, but got my points restored.

Unfortunately, you don't see all the fine print until after you buy the award.

I have gotten a lot of tshirts from them. It's about 500 to 550 points, but for free, why not? The womens shirts seem to be thinner and 'cheaper' but the mens one's for my son are really good quality shirts, for some reason he only wears shirts that have soda logos on them, so it's a great shopping place for me!

I keep looking for RCCL ones, but when I see them, they are so limited and with not being able to combine them, it's not worth it. Maybe they should think about using points for something like roses or chocolate strawberry packages, or something like that.

I've gotten a bunch of stuff from Coke Rewards, but these days I mostly do movie tickets. As a previous poster mentioned, the Royal Caribbean OBC offers tend not to be combinable with anything, so they're not much use unless you're brand new to Royal Caribbean and not eligible for any other discount.

I've done the movie ticket package a couple of time. For 2 AMC tickets, 2 large Cokes, and 1 large popcorn it is 1100 coke reward points. That is sadly actually about a $40.00 value at my local theater ($11 each for the tickets, $6 each for the Cokes and popcorn).

Thanks for all the information! I will read the fine print if RCL ever releases anything for OBC for Caribbean or North America. We're almost at 2000 so I will look for maybe a gift certificate or something. Right now we're looking at most gifts and purchases in terms of what we need to sail in March; shoes, shirts etc.

I will probably just save the points until the last minute to be safe.

Thanks everyone!

~Bob~

Archived