Elderly Couple Disappear During Cruise

makeup face

Well I'm glad I saw this post as I don't read "Princess cruises" and only saw it on the first page of the message boards.

What a tragedy for the couple and their families.

If they have fallen overboard I hope their demise was painless and speedy and that they rest in peace - together.

There used to be a "locked" post at the very top of the Princess thread that stated something to the effect of:

Let the monitors do their jobs. If you see a post that is off topic or not allowed, etc, then let the monitors take care of it... Unless you are a monitor, it simply is not your job to point these things out. The post also said something about if you simply can't help yourself, send an email to one of the moderators.

Come on people, who cares if something is posted twice??? Is it really that big of a deal?

Back to the original topic...

That story is terribly sad... I read somewhere else that the couple's adult children were also onboard!

I agree. I scan this board at least 2x a day, and this post was the first I heard of the incident. OP, thank you for taking the time to post.

Well it was news to me.....excuse me for being a day late with my post.

Then again chrysalis....you had the option not to click on to my post.

Thank you for posting this. I don't come here that often anymore, and it's nice to keep up with news you don't read in the main stream press. It's strange that two people disappeared at the same time.

Seems as if we are having a tiff over postings, when really the bigger issue is loss of life. Lets keep things in perspective and be nice to each other.

AMEN!

Look, OP was just trying to inform others who possibly didn't know about this tragedy...they meant no ill will and shouldn't be scolded like a little child in school.

Lighten up people...and just try to think before you snap back at someone on these boards.

Amen to what?

chrysalis replied to the OP and said..

"old news...already a thread on this, and it happens more than most realize.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=178701"

The OP replied and said..

"Well it was news to me.....excuse me for being a day late with my post.

Then again chrysalis....you had the option not to click on to my post."

Now who snapped back first ????

Under the old boards it seemed very easy to do a search. I do not find the current search user friendly. If I ever have a day off work and nothing to do, I might play around with it to see if I can maneuver through the search in a quick and easy fashion. In the meantime, excuse me if I ever post a duplicate question or comment in the spare minutes I have before going to work or getting home and starting dinner. So far, I think I have been lucky or no one has mentioned it.

Carol

Under the old boards it seemed very easy to do a search. I do not find the current search user friendly. If I ever have a day off work and nothing to do, I might play around with it to see if I can maneuver through the search in a quick and easy fashion. In the meantime, excuse me if I ever post a duplicate question or comment in the spare minutes I have before going to work or getting home and starting dinner. So far, I think I have been lucky or no one has mentioned it.

Carol

No apoligy needed...ever!

If it ever gets to a point where people have to "fear" asking a question because they may step on some toes of those who want to play the part of God,exactly what is the point of these boards?

I normally wouldnt post, but I do enjoy reading about all the cruise stuff here, and I simply cannot believe the people who attack others here, im pretty certain these same people in real life would not act like this, it just cracks me up in this day and age that these people "think" they are annonomys on the web, well let me tell ya, I work for a large ISP (thats Internet Service Provider for those that dont know) You are NEVER as annonomys as you think you are on the web. Be nice people, for there are people watching over you as we speak and your not as "hidden" as you may think. (yes even if you use yahoo for your email, it can be tracked down easily)

To be politically correct no one was asking any questions so no need to search to see if it was already asked, as others have stated.

Lifes to short, lets just take a cruise shall we?

My goodness, this all seems way out of perspective to me. Do we all really want to get to the point that many posters are afraid to post here, for fear of getting yelled at or criticized??? I sometimes get a little intimidated myself, and I go these boards every day. Let's try to be a little kinder and more tolerant, folks, especially on a topic such as this. What a tragedy for all those involved----

I normally wouldnt post, but I do enjoy reading about all the cruise stuff here, and I simply cannot believe the people who attack others here, im pretty certain these same people in real life would not act like this, it just cracks me up in this day and age that these people "think" they are annonomys on the web, well let me tell ya, I work for a large ISP (thats Internet Service Provider for those that dont know) You are NEVER as annonomys as you think you are on the web. Be nice people, for there are people watching over you as we speak and your not as "hidden" as you may think. (yes even if you use yahoo for your email, it can be tracked down easily)

To be politically correct no one was asking any questions so no need to search to see if it was already asked, as others have stated.

Lifes to short, lets just take a cruise shall we?

High Tech.. Go ahead and publish my ISP.. I won't care.. :D :D

As for politically correct.. Making an identical post to another that was replied to one hour before kinda tells me that the OP, who by the way is not a neophyte poster, did not bother to read the first page of the forum. If they did they could have replied to that one, not start another.

The problem could have been resolved by a quick statement like "Whoops forget to check other posts".. and "no problem, I just wanted you to know about the other post"

I'm finished with this. Need to pack for my Saturday cruise.. I am taking your advice and going on a cruise :D

Thank you for posting this. I don't come here that often anymore, and it's nice to keep up with news you don't read in the main stream press. It's strange that two people disappeared at the same time.

Sounds like a double suicide to me. :( No way could two people "fall" overboard with no one taking notice. Wouldn't at least one of them have screamed or done something to draw attention?

God, may they both rest in peace.

Blue skies ...

--rita

If the moderators removed every duplicate post we would hve very little to sift through.

How many posts do we see about tipping and menus and dress code and ice cream and chair hogs....over and over

Maybe the OP was in a hurry to share, its not a big deal, at least it informative

um, in the grand scheme of things, who cares if its old news, or if theres another thread.

Why be so nasty when it takes so much less effort to be NICE...

oh and btw, I had not read that b4, so it was news to me, and that must totally blow for their families. :(

Were the seas rough during the time that they "may" have fallen over? Does anyone know? I agree w/ Bob & Barb, I wonder what the story is w/ the kids? What a shame...and after reading the attached website, I see this is not so uncommon! I never knew!!

Archived