Oceania's Air

rayjames7

I've been reading the threads on the air deviation etc but am a little confused on the procedure. We just got our initial quote but it doesn't list any airline. Do you have an opportunity to evaluate the airline/route they offer beforehand so if not you can make alternate arrangements? We would be leaving in about 60 days.

We were also thinking of leaving one day before and come back one day later. What is the exact procedure? I see some people request a certain routing...is it better to wait to see what they assign first? Or is it better to tell them what you prefer? My TA told me we won't know the airline until after we make final payment which doesn't seem right. Please help...I am so confused!

I've been reading the threads on the air deviation etc but am a little confused on the procedure. We just got our initial quote but it doesn't list any airline. Do you have an opportunity to evaluate the airline/route they offer beforehand so if not you can make alternate arrangements? We would be leaving in about 60 days.

We were also thinking of leaving one day before and come back one day later. What is the exact procedure? I see some people request a certain routing...is it better to wait to see what they assign first? Or is it better to tell them what you prefer? My TA told me we won't know the airline until after we make final payment which doesn't seem right. Please help...I am so confused!

You're going to be paying the $150 per person "Air Deviation Fee" anyway, because you want to leave early and come back later, so you will have the option of seeing, or even choosing the flights that Oceania uses to get you back and forth.

Simply pick the flights that you would have chosen for yourself if the Cruise Line were not involved, and ask Oceania to try for that itinerary when you alert them that you are going to "deviate" (Please note that the Deviation Fee is non-refundable, but you may check into any number of routings without being charged again).

Oceania will check into the Route that you suggested and let you know if the cost is in line with what they were planning to spend for your transportation.

If not, you may be asked to pay the difference in fares.

YOU would then have the option of accepting that route, or asking that something different be arranged. This process continues until both sides are satisfied.

As you can see, this is a fairly simple process, yet your Travel Agent was sadly unable to guide you through it. Might I suggest that a change is in order?

its usually cheaper and can pick the airline you want and scedule you want...have tried cruise air,,,never been happy,,so now do it on own and much happier.

Sure you must get to ship,,or hotel,, but we just take a taxi,,,no waiting for cruise bus,,,no paying extra for tranport ,,etc..

Can use airline miles,,,check various airline sites,,,like Kayak,etc...

Have been doing this on own for 8 yrs now,,,with TA help,,too..but SO MUCH easier and no worries since YOU DECIDE.

Check out Cruise Air section here on CC...put it in Search engine ,,lots of opinions.;)

We gave Oceania the flights and routing that we wanted and they came

back to us with an even better idea using one airline going and a different

one returning. If we had not liked that we could have done it our way.

We have always been pleased with Oceania air. It is easier for Oceania to

change them if they have to be for any reason than for you to make changes.

Sherry & Kimber

It is easier for Oceania to

change them if they have to be for any reason than for you to make changes.

That is the number one reason why we use Oceania Air when we do!

If "circumstances" warrant that changes must be made, they are on it instantly and are delightful to deal with.

or anyone else.

We booked air with O. On our personalizer it states hotel transfer is included. Does the transfer include to the port on day of sailing? I don't have a brochure to look this up and don't want to hang on the phone asking O.

Thanks for your assistance.

Joanne

or anyone else.

We booked air with O. On our personalizer it states hotel transfer is included. Does the transfer include to the port on day of sailing? I don't have a brochure to look this up and don't want to hang on the phone asking O.

Thanks for your assistance.

Joanne

If you booked a hotel with Oceania it includes transfers to the hotel and to the ship....

Jancruz1

If you booked a hotel with Oceania it includes transfers to the hotel and to the ship....

Jancruz1

Expanding on the comment, Our TA said that because we're staying in Oceania's designated hotel, there will be an Oceania rep in the front lobby to coordinate the transfer from the hotel to the port. In our case it's likely to be a group transfer presumably by a chartered van.

Expanding on the comment, Our TA said that because we're staying in Oceania's designated hotel, there will be an Oceania rep in the front lobby to coordinate the transfer from the hotel to the port. In our case it's likely to be a group transfer presumably by a chartered van.

It may be a bus ;)

Ha Ha

Judging by the lack of activity on our Roll Call and the fact that none of the cabin classes are sold out and only a few wait listed, it might be a motorcycle!:D

Just remember that only about 2-3 % of the passengers will even know about CC

A motorcycle would be ok with me ;)

Lyn

That is the number one reason why we use Oceania Air when we do!

If "circumstances" warrant that changes must be made, they are on it instantly and are delightful to deal with.

We had no problem with air deviation. I thought it would be difficult but it wasn't. They did get back to us through our TA and told us which airlines we could use. We are happy with the flights - we checked and seats look good for our Dec flights. We used Matrix airfare search. http://Http://matrix.itasoftware.com to look. We checked one way journeys.

Thanks to everyone for their very helpful comments! This a great board with great people. I think JimandStan are right--we need a new Travel Agent. I have requested the air deviation today from them and the TA keeps telling me that I have to make final payment before they can request it.

I am hesitant,of course, after reading all your comments and the proposed invoice he sent me still obviously has the original dates. My TA is a friend so its hard!

I will keep insisting they tell Oceania that we want to deviate!

I am hesitant,of course, after reading all your comments and the proposed invoice he sent me still obviously has the original dates. My TA is a friend so its hard!

I will keep insisting they tell Oceania that we want to deviate!

I do not know if this will work or not but worth a try

Go to the "Already booked" on the Oceania website ..you will need your booking number

When you get your file there is a place for air info I believe & deviation info

try too book your dates there for air

Failing that ask your TA to call Oceania & ask when you can change the dates to fly in early /stay later whatever your intention is & see what happens

It is never a good idea to do business with friends ;) too hard to fire them when things go wrong

Hope you get it sorted

Archived