Freedom Concierge/Diamond Lounge Dress Code

disfan

A neighbor is going on the Freedom and he asked me some questions about dress codes.

One I wasn't sure of. If he uses the lounges in the morning or early afternoon, can he wear shorts? He would be doing slacks at night.

A neighbor is going on the Freedom and he asked me some questions about dress codes.

One I wasn't sure of. If he uses the lounges in the morning or early afternoon, can he wear shorts? He would be doing slacks at night.

He will be fine dressed as you have described.

Yes, I frequently stopped at the Diamond Lounge dressed in swimsuit and hoodie to grab a bite on my way to the flowrider. I was usually the only one there that early and would talk to the Diamond Concierge and he never ever mentioned I should be dressier. :)

For dinner hours, though, you are correct that slacks/nice jeans and nice shirt would be appropriate.

• 9 months later...

What is the dress code in the evenings in the Diamond Lounge? We will be having a 10 PM nightime glass bottom boat excursion in Bermuda and will eat dinner in the windjammer that night. Would shorts be acceptable since we will not be going to the MDR?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

• 1 month later...
What is the dress code in the evenings in the Diamond Lounge? We will be having a 10 PM nightime glass bottom boat excursion in Bermuda and will eat dinner in the windjammer that night. Would shorts be acceptable since we will not be going to the MDR?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

no. during cocktail hour shorts are not permitted in the lounges at all.

I have seen people turned away.

Are shorts acceptable in the DL at night ever?

boy I hope not. but you can bet some will be in after 5pm with shorts and flip flops. I wish i was the CL when they come in OH BOY. they would be ask to leave pronto, out of respect to all the others......

This totally depends on the ship/concierge. Some enforce it, some don't. We seldom do formal nights anymore, but I have never been denied the cocktail hour in either the CL or DL when wearing either capris or a sundress on formal nights.

We don't plan on wearing shorts, except maybe the night we are going on a 10 PM glass bottom boat tour in Bermuda. We are eating in the Windjammer that evening as we have late seating dinner and won't make the shore excursion if we eat in the MDR.

This totally depends on the ship/concierge. Some enforce it, some don't. We seldom do formal nights anymore, but I have never been denied the cocktail hour in either the CL or DL when wearing either capris or a sundress on formal nights.

Absolutely agree. It also depends on the itinerary.

Absolutely agree. It also depends on the itinerary.

I agree but i do not like it. I don't know what the itinerary has to do with it. my standards (as you see I said MY standards) are i will never wear shorts on any cruise for any reason after 6 PM. I feel the evening dress attire for my wife and I starts every evening at 6pm. others can wear what they want (and some sure do ). but my wife and i have our standards.:)

Archived