Sleeping four on Navigator OTS?

Do most of the quad cabins on Navigator have the two twins that can be made into a queen and also a sofa bed? That seems to be what I am finding from looking at the deck plans. I was hoping to find a room that has a single sofa bed and also a pulldown bed so my kids don't have to sleep together. Do they exist?

I know DH and I could take the sofa bed and give the kids the twins, but I don't really want to sleep on a sofa bed for a week! :D We had originally planned to book connecting rooms, but I haven't found availability yet. It doesn't seem like Navigator has that many connecting rooms.

I'm sure the kids would survive sleeping together on a sofa bed, but it is not ideal for family harmony. ;)

What category cabin are you looking to book? (ie: inside, balcony)

How old are your kids? (We usually book a balcony for us, and an inside across the hall for the kids. But, that would only be good for older kids - mine were 14 and 12 when we started doing that)

There are some cabins that have two uppers, so each child would have a bunk bed.

Yes...look at the deck plans..the "symbol" for sofa bed AND pullman will be a "dot"....not all of the cabins have this set-up...you must have the deck plans in front of you so you know what you're getting!

Thanks! I'll check that out!

What category cabin are you looking to book? (ie: inside, balcony)

How old are your kids? (We usually book a balcony for us, and an inside across the hall for the kids. But, that would only be good for older kids - mine were 14 and 12 when we started doing that)

There are some cabins that have two uppers, so each child would have a bunk bed.

Kids are 9 and 13. We have booked connecting rooms for them before, but I am not sure I am ready to book across the hall. My 9 year old has a habit of coming to see us at night if she has a bad dream. :)

Two uppers would work fine, though - I need to check that out as an option.

We had hoped to book two balconies or two outsides, but we have done one balcony for the four of us and have survived.

For 4 people you should consider a Junior Suite - just a bit more space will make it more comfortable for four - also more space for storage.

I looked at a JS, but it looks like they are all one queen and one sofa bed as well. It would give us more space, but the main reason for trying to book two connecting cabins is another bathroom (and each child having her own bed).

Thanks for all the advice!

Kids are 9 and 13. We have booked connecting rooms for them before, but I am not sure I am ready to book across the hall. My 9 year old has a habit of coming to see us at night if she has a bad dream. :)

Two uppers would work fine, though - I need to check that out as an option.

We had hoped to book two balconies or two outsides, but we have done one balcony for the four of us and have survived.

Yes, 9 is kind of young to be across the hall.

Is the cruise that you are looking at soon, that cabin selection is so limited? (esp for connecting) How about connecting promenades?

Yes, 9 is kind of young to be across the hall.

Is the cruise that you are looking at soon, that cabin selection is so limited? (esp for connecting) How about connecting promenades?

I am looking at a Med cruise for next June or July. I didn't think we were waiting until the last minute, but when I try to find connecting staterooms on the RCI website, it keeps saying there are none and it gives me two staterooms either across the hall or a few doors away from each other. I didn't look at promenade - just oceanview and balcony. Are the promenade classified as inside staterooms? Maybe I can find some of those.

I am looking at a Med cruise for next June or July. I didn't think we were waiting until the last minute, but when I try to find connecting staterooms on the RCI website, it keeps saying there are none and it gives me two staterooms either across the hall or a few doors away from each other. I didn't look at promenade - just oceanview and balcony. Are the promenade classified as inside staterooms? Maybe I can find some of those.

Yes they are insides, but I can't believe that all the connecting staterooms are unavailable.

The website does not list all available rooms. You need to look at the deck plans and find a pair that you like, and then insert one of the room numbers into the box on the site, and it will tell you if it is available.

Or, you can call RCI and ask them what's available...they are very patient and will give you a bunch of connecting pairs to choose from. No obligation...just say at the end of the conversation that you need to discuss it with your family and you'll call back later.

Why don't you call and speak to a rep? We did Navigator last August and actually switched from an inside/balcony combo to connecting balconies about 3 months before sailing and actually saved almost $1000. I find it hard to believe they are all booked, but who kniws maybe there is some group taking them all? Best bet is to call and find out.

NOS has some rooms located aft on a couple of the decks where you can get a balcony that connects to an inside. See if they are available. They are all the way aft on both the port/starboard sides. We are on NOS over New Years and we have these rooms reserved for some of our group. That would save you some money, not booking 2 balconies, but also have them easily accessible to you. Plus, 2 rooms = 2 bathrooms :)

Good Luck!

PCJ mom

NOS has some rooms located aft on a couple of the decks where you can get a balcony that connects to an inside. See if they are available. They are all the way aft on both the port/starboard sides. We are on NOS over New Years and we have these rooms reserved for some of our group. That would save you some money, not booking 2 balconies, but also have them easily accessible to you. Plus, 2 rooms = 2 bathrooms :)

Good Luck!

PCJ mom

Looks like NV only has 2 of these rooms, 9676/9681 and 9376/9381, these are at the aft, there are also balconies connecting to a Large Oceanview, 9520/9518 and 9220/9218 these are all the way forward, I would call RCI and see if any of these are available

We were also looking for a Med cruise for June 23rd for 13 people and were trying to find connecting rooms; rooms on same deck, etc.

And, as others said, there are more rooms than they show on the website. (we also thought that it seemed booked awfully early).

My mom spent two hours on the phone with a rep, but figured out all the rooms, and got some connecting rooms, and other rooms on same deck.

(hopefully your booking won't be quite as complicated!). But yeah, once you get familiar with the various rooms, would put a call in.

Archived