Silhouette Deck 10 cabin #1221

M&T

I was looking at a photo of the exterior of the ship. There is a pole giving support 2 floors up for the overhang. It looks like it would obsure the view. Anyone have experience on deck 10? Thanks.

there is a sticky at the top of the Celebrity boards that Librarylady works very hard at for us. People post their experiences with cabins. For cabin 1221 a former passenger that sailed in that cabin reports:

There were no obstructions anywere for a full 180 degree mid-ship view. The view of the ocean and ports were breathtaking.

If you ever have any S class cabin questions check out that sticky, it's wonderful!

I was looking at a photo of the exterior of the ship. There is a pole giving support 2 floors up for the overhang. It looks like it would obsure the view. Anyone have experience on deck 10? Thanks.

Yes, there is a support beam coming down on deck 10 forward of the hump in between every other stateroom. You will either have one on the left or the right, supporting the pool deck above. I really don't think it will obstruct your view.

Yes, there is a support beam coming down on deck 10 forward of the hump in between every other stateroom. You will either have one on the left or the right, supporting the pool deck above. I really don't think it will obstruct your view.

except if you want to sail to Norway and want to look up.

Thanks everyone. Debandbruce, would you be willing to come back after your cruise and tell me your opinion?

I would but the cruise we booked is for Sept 2013 so it may be a little too far out for you. I know when we sailed the Eclipse my inlaws had cabin 1201 that had the support beam and it did not affect them one bit. It's just a narrow pole like structure, they didn't know any difference and thought everyone had one. I used to have a photo but lost my pictures in an iPad incident that I had recently.

Don't worry about those support beams. They are located either on the left or right of your room and shared with the adjacent room. The beam does not affect your view or take space from your balcony. I had been concerned at one time and have sailed several times on a floor with those support beams. The views are great up on 10 and 11. Enjoy your trip.

Archived