Ok so i have a cruise on monday

sexybackfool

An observation if I may.

If a female comes on here saying bf broke up just before the cruise, than everyone would be castigating the male and saying the female is better off without him.

anyone else find this interesting?

Okay, that low down, non caring female.

In any case, be it male or female breaking it off, the other person "left behind" does not yet realize it, but better off breaking up before engagements or marriage. One year spent with someone is not a wasted thing, it's part of life's reality.

In any case, be it male or female breaking it off, the other person "left behind" does not yet realize it, but better off breaking up before engagements or marriage. One year spent with someone is not a wasted thing, it's part of life's reality.

Very true and better off before marriage or kids involved.

Just an observation thoughicon7.gif

yep i called my pvp already and told them to make sure our tables are not together

You will probably have to go to the maitre d' once you board to request this.

Carnival does not take table requests .. and your table is already assigned at this late date.

Go have fun. I cruise solo a lot of times. The good thing is you can do what you want, not what someone else wants to do.

Consider that year a learning experience, and move on. Do not indulge the desire to drink yourself stupid. Please remember there's plenty of fish out there. You will find the right person one day. Enjoy the time with your family and experience all you can in the ports you visit. Eat meals with your family and arrange for her to be elsewhere. If in a cabin with her, get in late, and leave early. Stay in the bathroom way to long. Just to annoy.. :) Remember, 99% of us have had relationships that failed, most several times before we found the right one.

Above all, have fun,

Go. Remember you are on vacation. Find things to keep you busy that you will enjoy. They are easy to find on a ship. I am sure it will get to you but take a deep breath and find something else to do. Don't go getting drunk. It will only lead to more sadness. You are there to have fun. Maybe this will help you move on.

Don't think you will be able to forget her on this cruise. It was a year of your life. Take that year and find the good and let that enhance your next relationship.

Ohh have fun.

As stated above, do NOT drink yourself silly! Go about your business, and do not go out of your way to avoid her, as I doubt she will be doing that with you. If you run into her be the better person. Say "hi" and ask if she's having a good time. Be mature about this, and booze will not accomplish that; I cannot stress this enough.

I don't know the circumstances behind the split, but you never know, she might end up having regrets and you both end up walking off the ship hand in hand. Think of it as an episode of "The Love Boat"!

That's sucks.

There's really no better way to explain the situation.

I say, stay busy. There will be lots to do, so do it. And more importantly do the things that YOU want to do! Be selfish! Indulge! Do things you couldn't do while with her.

Most importantly, have a blast. Laughter is the strongest medicine after all. :D

Let me add...

You're young, and as stated above, there are many fish in the sea. Trust me, this is not the end of the world.

I speak from experience. At almost age 54 I've weathered two divorces (no children thankfully), and have probably had more girlfriends than you have years living on this planet. If something should occur on the ship and you reconcile, fine. Otherwise, enjoy yourself and look forward to the next person you will meet, whether on the ship or land. Often things happen for a good reason; you will soon realize that and, when handed "lemons", make lemonade! Don't turn yourself into a "victim" who feels sorry for himself.

Once again, I will stress: DO NOT GET DRUNK! Alcohol will solve nothing here. Sure, have some drinks, but do not go overboard, figuratively or literally! ;)

It'll be a little weird since she's on the ship too, but there are enough people and activities that it's acually a perfect way to work on getting over her. But please be careful about drunkeness, you will be more attractive to cute girls if you keep your wits about you and are conservative about the drinking.

I hope she didn't break up in order to be single for the cruise? If she did, do NOT take her back afterwards, she's not the kind of person you need in your life (I don't care how hot she may be!).

Sorry about your pain. It's easy for us all to say "time heals all wounds", etc, but we've all been through it.

Hang in there!

Let me add...

You're young, and as stated above, there are many fish in the sea. Trust me, this is not the end of the world.

I speak from experience. At almost age 54 I've weathered two divorces (no children thankfully), and have probably had more girlfriends than you have years living on this planet. If something should occur on the ship and you reconcile, fine. Otherwise, enjoy yourself and look forward to the next person you will meet, whether on the ship or land. Often things happen for a good reason; you will soon realize that and, when handed "lemons", make lemonade! Don't turn yourself into a "victim" who feels sorry for himself.

Once again, I will stress: DO NOT GET DRUNK! Alcohol will solve nothing here. Sure, have some drinks, but do not go overboard, figuratively or literally! ;)

Very well said!

It'll be a little weird since she's on the ship too, but there are enough people and activities that it's acually a perfect way to work on getting over her. But please be careful about drunkeness, you will be more attractive to cute girls if you keep your wits about you and are conservative about the drinking.

I hope she didn't break up in order to be single for the cruise? If she did, do NOT take her back afterwards, she's not the kind of person you need in your life (I don't care how hot she may be!).

Sorry about your pain. It's easy for us all to say "time heals all wounds", etc, but we've all been through it.

Hang in there!

Good advise

You will probably have to go to the maitre d' once you board to request this.

Carnival does not take table requests .. and your table is already assigned at this late date.

Go have fun. I cruise solo a lot of times. The good thing is you can do what you want, not what someone else wants to do.

Actually Carnival DOES take table requests. I emailed them about a month ahead of our July Liberty cruise and requested a table (no booth for me) for just the 6 of us by the window. I got a quick response saying they noted my request...and my request was granted :D

But yes, at this late date, he will just have to take care of this on board.

I will be your girlfriend for the cruise to make her jealous :p :D HAHA

Go on your vacation and have a good time. Get involved in the activities. Go to the singles mixers that they have in the dance club the first two nights onboard.

HER LOSS IS YOUR GAIN :D

Get on the boat looking your best

Talk to a hot single lady

Buy her a drink

repeat

Don't drink too much yourself. Alcohol is a depressant

Make friends with the other passengers.

At least twice a day, when you are really enjoying something, say to yourself, " I wouldn't be having this much fun if I was with that......Whatever"

Enjoy what the ship has to offer, dance, sports, pool, the ports

the rest of your traveling crew.

Six months from now, if you remember her at all, it will be to say "I'm sure glad I'm not with that jerk any more."

THIS! Better now than 3 or 4 years down the road, maybe a marriage and kids, to boot. Maybe it will all work out to get back together, maybe not. But if not, it's best it happened sooner, rather than later.

Try to stay busy, go on some fun excursions. And try not to let her see you looking down in the dumps.

My sister her hubby and my brother and his wife will be on the cruise also, find my brother and hang out with him he is tons of fun and WILL BE TRYING TO AVOID HIS WIFE.. :p seriously they have a like/hate relationship. She never wants to do anything that he wants to do so he does it on his own.

Did she expect you just to NOT GO, after breaking up with you the day before the cruise?? That is utterly crazy. It depends on the circumtances of the break up but apparently she did not want you to go with her on the cruise. I give you cudos for going at all....I think most people would not go, especially with her parents and brother going.

Obviously you are going to run into her and her family (the ships are big but not THAT big) , don't mope around, like other posters said....go to meet and greets get involved in activities I am sure you will meet other people your age and keep yourself buisy.

After being togeather for 1 whole year I have a strong sense that the two of you just might end up togeather again (again that depends on the circumstances of the breakup).

Don't try to make her jelouse or get stupid drunk and act a fool, just meet people , socialize and see what happens..........if at the end of the week all is the same , well then onward to the new episode of your life in college...........you are very young , chances are you will have many more relationships before Mrs Right comes along........your too young for something so serious anyway! College is sooo much fun and an opportunity to meet great people!

So my girl friend on one year just broke it off with me 1 day before we are supposed to get on the ship thank got a got a different cabin but is my vacation ruined. or can i have fun even though the person I that I loved is now not with me but there for the 8 days anyone have any advice on how to get thru this

You'll have a great time. It'll only be as much much as you make it. That's what makes cruises so great is we can make them into what kind of vacation we want in many cases from being very busy and doing a lot to doing as little as possible.

You didn't waste your year, look at it as a learning adventure. You had great times and learning times during that year. Everything happens for a reason and in the end with the right attitude can shape you're future into what you want it to be. Do your best to remain positive and good things will happen.

Cruises are a great way to meet new people and just relax. You'll have a great cruise!

I feel for you, but really, your ex-girlfriend wasn't the most brilliant. Why would she break it off now and not wait until the day after you got home from the cruise. She could have played along for another week and/or told you she wants to hang and chill a little on her own for part of the day....you'd have been fine with that......hell, acting the role for a week during the cruise wouldn't have been too painful..

You will get over here and you will find the true Ms. Right.....Just think of it as a learning lesson. It could have been worser you could have been married and she could have asked for a divorce instead....a divorce costs a lot more than a break up.......

Enjoy your cruise, go meet and mingle and have a good time....yes, your feelers are bruised and battered, but make an effort to get out there and have fun.....feel free to flirt with the single ladies you meet cuz now you can do it....

Dude, get a grip. She let you down as gently as she she could from what I've read here. You posted that you start back to college the day after this cruise. You're both still young adults and will experience many more changes in the future. The year together was not wasted as you say, it couldn't have been all bad if you proclaim you love(d) her. I not being cruel here, rather just being a realist. She broke it off and seems to have moved on. The waste here will be how long you pine for something that is over.

Archived