Looking for 2013 Princess dry dock schedule

Orangefan

Have never seen it posted anywhere but you can look at the 2013-2014 Cruise Atlas and pick out the dates when you don't see a cruise.

Here is what I came up with on a quick look:

Caribbean P - 2/24 - 3/1/13

Coral P - 1/19 - 2/6/13

Crown, Dawn, Diamond, Emerald, Golden, Ruby, Sapphire, Star P - couldn't tell

Grand P - 12/10 - 12/19/13

Island P - 10/10 - 10/29/13

Royal P - obviously not

Sea P - 3/1 - 3/12/14

Sun P - 8/7 - 8/19/13

Ocean & Pacific P - so much overlaps, I couldn't make heads nor tails of it

Anybody else got any data?? or checked more carefully?

Thanks Cruiserdru, Cruz-OR and Crusdiva for the info.

Crusdiva ( Sharon) - I have friends north of you in Wakefield and south of you in Needham. Also noticed your past cruises. I did the Ruby 2011 too. (Eastern 3/27/11) and the Southern Carib Crown 2012 ( 4/21/12).

Sali

Take that schedule for what it is, UNOFFICIAL. It speculates the Dawn Princess is possibly leaving the fleet in May 2013.

the Dawn Princess itinerary is showing that she is cruising in Australian waters up till april 2014 but that could change

Interesting. I am booked on the Island on 10/30/12 and didn't notice there wasn't a cruise booked the previous two weeks on the schedule. I'm always hesitant to take the first cruise post-drydock. Eeek.

After a normal dry dock I wouldn't worry. What you need to worry about is post-refit. Those involve major construction in passenger spaces and have a tendency to start prior to the actual dry dock (during the cruise prior) and continue into the first cruise after.

After a normal dry dock I wouldn't worry. What you need to worry about is post-refit. Those involve major construction in passenger spaces and have a tendency to start prior to the actual dry dock (during the cruise prior) and continue into the first cruise after.

Yes, you're right. The down time before my cruise is about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm thinking that will include some travel time to and from the drydock, so that would only be 2 weeks of work. That's probably just refreshing and not major changes.

Lana

Yes, you're right. The down time before my cruise is about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm thinking that will include some travel time to and from the drydock, so that would only be 2 weeks of work. That's probably just refreshing and not major changes.
They have it pretty much down to a science and with routine dry docks, have a fairly accurate plan of exactly how long the updates and maintenance will take. When there's major reconstruction, there are more unknowns.

• 4 months later...

Archived