Itinerary Challenge 9 (Vintage Edition) | 02 Sep 2012

Which is your favourite itinerary from the past?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite itinerary from the past?

• Adriatic Adventure 2001
    • Eastern Empires 2003
    • Roman Epic 2007

And it's now September! Where was the summer?!?!? :mad:

Must be time for a cruise! ;)

So here is Itinerary Challenge 9, another Vintage Edition, and this time, it's a Mediterranean special! So what's in this edition? There's a 14 night cruise from 2001 that encompasses the best of the Adriatic and the Western Mediterranean, including Rome, Dubrovnik and Venice. Or perhaps you'd prefer an overnight stay in Istanbul on the Eastern Empires cruise from 2003? Or maybe consider a 7 night Western Mediterranean cruise from 2007 that includes La Spezia (;)), Rome and Sardinia on the now gone Thomson Destiny.

Choose your favourite out of these three, and discuss below what you think of these itineraries from the past:

Adriatic Adventure 2001

operated July & August 2001 on board The Emerald

Palma - At Sea - La Goulette (Tunisia) - Valletta (Malta) - At Sea - Dubrovnik - Split - Venice - At Sea - Corfu Town - Messina - Naples - Civitavecchia (for Rome) - At Sea - Palma

Eastern Empires 2003

operated May to October 2003 on board The Emerald

Corfu Town - At Sea - Piraeus (for Athens) - Istanbul (overnight) - Chora (Mykonos) - Gythion (Greece) - Corfu Town

Roman Epic 2007

operated May to September 2003 on board Thomson Destiny

Palma - Ship at Sea - Toulon - La Spezia - Civitavecchia (for Rome) - Alghero (Sardinia) - Mahon (Menorca) - Palma

Votes will close on Friday, 07 September 2012.

Reluctant to by-pass a two weeker but they are lovely ports of call on the Roman Epic including La Spezia which for ease of getting to the Cinque Terre is just too tempting! Also I understand Mahon is a great port and we've not been there so that clinches it for me.

My thoughts also. ;)

Btw kalos, just noticed, when my mouse got stuck and highlighted your post, you've got your cruises in white so can't be seen. :D

I know ,I've had it like that for months ,if I want them I highlight them .:)

sail-away_design.png

But seeing you are the first to spot it ,I award you another T- shirt ;):D

Adriatic wins again for me! Those 14 nighters had some lovely itineraries. Though I don't mind back-to-back cruises, gives you a chance to explore the embarkation port.

Was tempted by Eastern Empires, as I've never been to (or heard of Gythion) and love going to new places!

kate

Adriatic wins again for me! Those 14 nighters had some lovely itineraries. Though I don't mind back-to-back cruises, gives you a chance to explore the embarkation port.

Was tempted by Eastern Empires, as I've never been to (or heard of Gythion) and love going to new places!

kate

Googled Gythion (or Gytheio as it came up). It's in the southern part of Greece, near to Kalamata. It looks like a nice place, similar look to Katakolon, but with a marina area. It is the port for Sparta. Wouldn't mind seeing it returning.

Sailaway you are making these too difficult ;).

I didn't sleep well last night (too hot) and have had a busy day with grandchild so I will have to think about this after a cup of tea and when my brain starts working again :eek::rolleyes::).

Googled Gythion (or Gytheio as it came up). It's in the southern part of Greece, near to Kalamata. It looks like a nice place, similar look to Katakolon, but with a marina area. It is the port for Sparta. Wouldn't mind seeing it returning.

Sounds nice- maybe I should have picked that one!

kate

Voting is now closed!

And the results are:

Adriatic Adventure 2001 = 85.71%

Eastern Empires 2003 = 7.14%

Roman Epic 2007 = 7.14%

And the winner is Adriatic Adventure 2001. Another 14 night itinerary wins! Think this could be a great itinerary to bring back, although the back-to-back Adriatic Explorer and Italian Flavours itineraries for next year are quite similar.

The next Itinerary Challenge will be up in a bit... :)

Archived