Platinum and getting to your cabins when boarding?

Elmo31

Your sarcastic tone is well noted, however, we were told that at Platinum we were permitted to drop off our carry on bags and have done so as directed. If YOU have not done so, that is no concern of mine.

I am not breaking any rule. I am not causing any additional work for the hard working stewards, I am simply doing as I was told by the porter in Ft. Lauderdale. If it were an issue I'm sure I would have been stopped by that officer.

The point of these boards is to help and assist others, not to be know it alls. There is no need to be right or wrong. We are sharing experiences...get a grip.

Maybe my questioning is due to the fact that Ive never seen it posted in Platinum perks. Ive never been told we could do it by any Carnival employee.

Is this port specific or maybe just on certain cruise ships.

I didnt cruise CCL for a couple years(maybe thats when the change happened) but on our last CCL cruise in Feb we were told our cabins wouldnt be ready till 1-130p. Than there was an anouncement when they were ready.

The only time we have been allowed past the fire doors was on a B2B. Other cruiselines actually have staff posted at the doors to keep cruisers out.

Im not saying you are right or wrong. I just follow the rules ive been given whether its a dress code, or not going to my cabin early. Everyone makes choices.I do what I think is right for me.

If this was allowed, im dissapointed we havnt utilized it.

BTW Where is this secret menu for platinum cruisers:p

DW and I are Platinum and have been for quite a while. Have never been told, we could go to our room on any CCL ship and leave our carry ons because we are Platinum. No big deal. As the doors have always been closed, we don't go to our room until we are told.

We just never "knew we were entitled" to do this because of our status.:cool:

DW and I are Platinum and have been for quite a while. Have never been told, we could go to our room on any CCL ship and leave our carry ons because we are Platinum. No big deal. As the doors have always been closed, we don't go to our room until we are told.

We just never "knew we were entitled" to do this because of our status.:cool:

We have been Platinum for a few cruises and have also never been told our cabins were ready early, in fact, we've been told just the opposite, they will be ready at 1:30. It must be a port and/or ship specific thing.

We have been Platinum for a few cruises and have also never been told our cabins were ready early, in fact, we've been told just the opposite, they will be ready at 1:30. It must be a port and/or ship specific thing.

I think they are doing a "soft" roll-out of this - available

but not advertised.

I think they are doing a "soft" roll-out of this - available

but not advertised.

That will be nice and as soon as it's available we'll certainly use it, but some of the posters here have said they've been doing it as a 'legal perk' for years, which has never been the case for any ship we've been on since becoming Platinum.

Thanks for your civility Doc, I mean that.

As we have only sailed out of FL as Platinum cruisers on Freedom, I can only speak to that port and that ship and only for the past two years. Last year we did NOT drop off our bags, this year we were told to do so, so we did :)

This is something brand new....I think just weeks into it. I thank you all for the info. I'm glad to hear the Destiny is doing the go to cabin early perk. It was something added after the roll out of the new platinum program(VIFP) That is why its not on the site yet. I think they are trying it out to see how it goes.

• 1 month later...
This is something brand new....I think just weeks into it. I thank you all for the info. I'm glad to hear the Destiny is doing the go to cabin early perk. It was something added after the roll out of the new platinum program(VIFP) That is why its not on the site yet. I think they are trying it out to see how it goes.

We sail Destiny Oct 25 as Platinum and will try to post the boarding procedure, luggage drop off and "early access" to rooms, and will be trying anytime dining so will also post if there is priority there too. :rolleyes:

We were on deck 8 - 8257 and there were no closed doors. I'm guessing it was about 1215 or 1230 when we got to the cabin.

The cabin is in an unusual spot and loud as hell I might add - I would not recommend this cabin - right at the elevator/stair opening.

We didn't look at any other deck.

The elevators are not an issue, it is the music that comes up from the atrium -especially rock n' roll theme not. We always try to avoid the three cabins by main elevators as there is an open railing there that can look over and see atrium "lounge" musicians -we had same issue in a suite on deck 7 and 9.

I'm a Platinum cruiser and just sailed on the Legend. When I checked in, I was told that my stateroom would be available at 1:30 p.m. and she suggested we go have lunch on the Lido deck. Our luggage did not arrive in our room until almost 6:00 p.m.

I have never been advised by any Porter or Carnival employee on any of my past cruises from any Florida port that it was o.k. to go to my stateroom upon boarding. We received our letter, along with every other cruiser, that stated that our room would be available at 1:30 p.m.

Wow - we have stories from all over the spectrum!

I will only add that I asked Carnival about this

(early cabin access on NON-FTTF ships for

Plats & Diamonds) as it will dictate how

many carry ons we bring on our next cruise.

Their response was they have the Plat& Dia

cabins ready first and IF they are ready then

YES you can go to them early.

Of course they added early access for plats&diamonds

is only GUARANTEED on FTTF ships.

I will be very happy when FTTF is fleetwide

so we can put this issue to rest. :)

Archived