Port Everglades parking?

gamecockvic

We are sailing in December from Port Everglades. My last few cruises have been from Port Canaveral and we have always found a good deal to stay the night before and park. Most of these hotels have included a shuttle to and from the port.

The best deal I can find near Port Everglades is at least $200 for a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Parking at the port is looking better! At least my car would be convenient when we disembark. I have looked at Park123 and others, but they have several rates and may want me to leave my keys with them. Before I commit to port parking and book just a room, am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help!

We have sailed on the Oasis and the Allure out of Ft Lauderdale and used Park and Go. They were very friendly, professional and efficient. Look online and you can get great rates there. I think we paid $6 a day on their Internet rate. As I recall we kept our keys...

Cambria Suites is showing a package for $139 for the night of Dec 14 that includes parking for up to 30 days and shuttle to/from the port.

The hotel is only a few years old, and is located just off I-95 at the Stirling Rd exit, a couple miles south of the port/airport exit at I-595. It's right beside the Best Western. I would personally pay the $109 advance purchase rate and then park at park n go just because dealing with hotel shuttles, especially getting off the ship and trying to get back to the car, is a pain in the butt.

Park n Go is right off I-595 (Eller Dr) just outside the port gate, so very easy to get in and out of, and comes highly recommended on here. Park and Fly is just off the side road to the south of 595/Eller Drive.

does anyone know of a link to coupons for either of these?

If you prepay at bookparkngo.com it's the lowest price regardless of coupons. Sometime in the fall, probably around Nov 1, their prepay rate usually goes up to $6.99/day, while their regular drive up rate is something like $12. Make sure you select cruise parking on their website (or in person), as airport parking is cheaper, but they will charge you the difference if you end up going to the port, not the airport.

• 3 weeks later...
Why don't park directly at the port???? We are also cruising from Port Everglades this december and wondering why everyone is not parking directly at the port????:confused:

Cost. It's $15/day inside the port, and half that at the 2 lots that most people will drive by right outside the port. Plus, the park and go/fly lots pick you up at your car and drop you in front of the terminal (and the reverse after the cruise). I don't recall hearing about any shuttles at the port parking lots, which can mean a bit of a walk depending on where you end up parking.

Cost. It's $15/day inside the port, and half that at the 2 lots that most people will drive by right outside the port. Plus, the park and go/fly lots pick you up at your car and drop you in front of the terminal (and the reverse after the cruise). I don't recall hearing about any shuttles at the port parking lots, which can mean a bit of a walk depending on where you end up parking.

The parking lots are strategically located. The only reason you would need a ride is if one garage is full and you have to park at another one but there are so many spaces this shouldn't be a problem.

The parking lots are strategically located. The only reason you would need a ride is if one garage is full and you have to park at another one but there are so many spaces this shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, there are lots of spots. But lets say you are on Oasis, and the smaller surface lot beside the terminal is full, you have to go to the garage. Quite a long walk. Or you go on Princess, and your car is in the garage beside terminal 2. But the ship returns to terminal 21. Now you are about a mile away and at the mercy of the few shuttles the port provides in those cases. Heck, even if your car is in the midport garage and your ship is across the street at 26, you still either have to haul your luggage over and up the elevators, or have one person wait while the other gets the car and deals with traffic. All for the privilege of paying double what the lots right outside the gates charge, who offer car to door (and back) service.

I'm generally a suck it up and pay for the convenience of being at the port, which I have done in Baltimore and Boston. But if I ever had a car at Port Everglades, I just can't imagine beating the convenience of Park n Go or Park and Fly even if they charged what the port did.

We used Park n Fly once but feel the port parking is worth the extra money.

When we got off the ship Park n Fly would only take one person per party and no luggage.

I went to get the car and came back to get family and bags. You have to wait in the long line at security to get in the port. People picking up were directed into a line with taxis. You waited for people to load bags and people and then pulled in. Then your family has to rush and lug bags to your spot and the security is constantly whistling and yelling to keep moving. When I was next in line, the security told me I needed to circle around because they needed to keep traffic flowing. Having waited so long I was not happy to go from front of the line to the back--did not make sense at all. Luckily as l drove by someone pulled out and I grabbed their spot. I don't know how long I would have waited if I had to start all over but it was very frustrating.

When you park at the port you can pull up and drop off all your bags. My family gets in line while I park car and walk over. It is very easy. Then when we get off we walk across and load car and are out quickly. It is well worth the extra $40 for a week. You tip the driver both ways and there goes some of the savings.

When you compare prices, Park n Fly adds tax where the port doesn't so the difference is a little less.

The port has a garage where PnF is outdoors so that is worth something to some also.

Archived