Future Vacation Credit

Hoping someone can help me. I purchased a future vacation credit on my last cruise. I have already booked my next cruise and have a down payment on it. I tried to apply my future cruise certificate to the cruise and was told in an email that they couldn't apply it as it was a prexisting booking. I am sure I have done this previously. See below Carnival's response:

Hello BRENDA,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have received your online certificate redemption request. Please note, your certificate has not been applied, because we are unable to apply the certificate to a pre existing booking.

Any thoughts:confused::confused::confused:

My certificate is up stairs, but the terms state that it can only be used on new bookings. I've read on here that some folks have been allowed to use it on existing bookings, but that seems to be the exception. I would call Carnival and see if you get a different answer :)

The previous version didn't stipulate in the fine print that it was New Bookings Only. Now they do.

Some people have managed to get them applied anyway, but they're really cracking down. If it gets through, it's probably just because someone's been slack.

I plan on purchasing one in October. But I really wanted to snag a particular cabin, so I went ahead and booked. My PVP said it was unlikely that it can be applied. I'll give it a try, but if it is rejected, I'll just have to book another cruise.

If I don't, I can always have the $100 refunded.

Hoping someone can help me. I purchased a future vacation credit on my last cruise. I have already booked my next cruise and have a down payment on it. I tried to apply my future cruise certificate to the cruise and was told in an email that they couldn't apply it as it was a prexisting booking. I am sure I have done this previously. See below Carnival's response:

Hello BRENDA,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have received your online certificate redemption request. Please note, your certificate has not been applied, because we are unable to apply the certificate to a pre existing booking.

Any thoughts:confused::confused::confused:

When was your last cruise where you purchased the FCC, and when did you book the cruise you're trying to apply it to? That would help....

When was your last cruise where you purchased the FCC, and when did you book the cruise you're trying to apply it to? That would help....

The original post does not give dates, but it is obvious that they had already booked their next cruise before buying the FCC.

We had our first one applied to an already booked cruise when they first came out. However, they no longer allow that.

Guess you'll have to book another cruise!!!

Actually we bought the FCC and then months later booked the cruise. I did apply the FCC at the time we booked the cruise but recently had to change the cruise and they transferred my deposit and I only had to pay $100 to change it. We found out we are going to have our first Grandchild and it was going to happen while we were away on the cruise. Needless to say I had to change the cruise dates. I had previously applied the FCC after I booked a cruise and it was no problem I didn't realize the rules had changed. I am going to contact the ph number they provided and see if I do any better on the phone. It is not a huge problem as we cruise every year I just won't buy another on this upcoming cruise if I still have one to use. Thanks for the responses.

Brenda

Actually we bought the FCC and then months later booked the cruise. I did apply the FCC at the time we booked the cruise but recently had to change the cruise and they transferred my deposit and I only had to pay $100 to change it. We found out we are going to have our first Grandchild and it was going to happen while we were away on the cruise. Needless to say I had to change the cruise dates. I had previously applied the FCC after I booked a cruise and it was no problem I didn't realize the rules had changed. I am going to contact the ph number they provided and see if I do any better on the phone. It is not a huge problem as we cruise every year I just won't buy another on this upcoming cruise if I still have one to use. Thanks for the responses.

Brenda

Since you bought the FCC first and then booked the cruise there shouldn't be an issue~ do you have a PVP at Carnival? this is a situation that one would come in real handy~!

Archived