Venice Hotel

Can'tstopcruising

I stayed at the Papadopoli and highly recommend it. The standard rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are large. It is a great location. You will see some kiosks on the east side of Piazzale Roma. There is a little bridge between them (very small bridge). The Papadopoli Park is on your left and then the Hotel is on the left next to that. It's really easy with luggage.

It is the best hotel I've stayed in in Venice (I've also done the Hotel Antiche Figure, the Santa Chiara, the Metropole, the Bauer and the Hotel San Marco)

Is that the Best western Olympia?

If so it's very close to P Roma with only 1 small bridge to negotiate

The airport transfer bus costs about 7 euros,takes 30 minutes and goes directly from outside the terminal to P roma.Best of all the luggage is stored underneath the bus

for transfer to the pier there is the people mover from P Roma but I found it of limited use as our ship was furthest away from the terminal and it was a hike with luggage.I would suggest getting a land taxi to get you closer to your ship

I stayed at the Papadopoli and highly recommend it. The standard rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are large. It is a great location. You will see some kiosks on the east side of Piazzale Roma. There is a little bridge between them (very small bridge). The Papadopoli Park is on your left and then the Hotel is on the left next to that. It's really easy with luggage.

It is the best hotel I've stayed in in Venice (I've also done the Hotel Antiche Figure, the Santa Chiara, the Metropole, the Bauer and the Hotel San Marco)

Would love to stay at anyone of those but they are to rich for me. I would probably stay at the Hotel Olimpia.

You can find reasonable rates on the Papadopoli if you look on booking.com and on hotels.com or any other online hotel site. They are usually cheaper than booking directly through the hotel. Last time I booked it was less than $300 per night with taxes.

Im planning on staying in Venice for three nights in Nov of 2013 post cruise. It appears that Oct to Nov 2 is high season for some reason. So my first two night fall under that rate then the last would plummet. But it seems that all the hotels dont follow the same rules.

For three nights Nov.1-November 4th I found the following prices on Venere.com and didn't check any others. I think $799 for three nights total is really reasonable for the Papadopoli.

http://www.venere.com/italy/venice/?sd=01&sm=11&sy=2012&ed=04&em=11&ey=2012&pval=2&rval=1&ref=9115

I will agree for the class of Hotel and being in Venice that is a good rate. Plus we are coming in via rail from Civitivecchia and want to stay as close as possible to Pizzale Roma.

Would those who know recommend Hotel Papadopoli or Hotel Olympia in Venice.

One of our concerns is reaching the hotel from the airport and going to the cruise terminal with all the luggage. We would need a hotel accessible to water or land taxi or alaluna (I definitely spelled that incorrectly!)

If you take a cab or ATVO express bus from the airport, you will arrive at Piazzale Roma which is the last point of travel for all land vehicles. (It's basically a large parking lot for buses.) Both hotels you mention will require you to cross one small bridge after you leave the bus or taxi. The only 2 hotels you can drive up to by taxi are the Ca Doge and the SantaChiara.

If you can't manage your luggage, you can take a cab from Piazzale Roma to the pier. If you can manage, walk across the PRoma and catch the People Mover (monorail) to the pier. But you will need to walk a block at each end.

I will agree for the class of Hotel and being in Venice that is a good rate. Plus we are coming in via rail from Civitivecchia and want to stay as close as possible to Pizzale Roma.

Since you are arriving by train, keep in mind that the Santa Lucia Station is on the opposite side of the Grand Canal from Piazzale Roma. You'll need to take a vaporetto or walk across the Calatrava Bridge. The bridge is quite large but some people find that the shallow steps make it easier when you're dealing with luggage. So the train station is another area to consider for lodging.

If you can't manage your luggage you could also depart the train at Mestre, which is the last stop before the causeway into Venice. Take a cab from Mestre to PRoma. 10 minute ride.

Actually if you have 3 nights, consider an apt? We stayed at an apt on our first visit and I much prefered it to hotels. It was nice to have a kitchen and make a cup of coffee when we felt like it.

For hotels in the PRoma area, check out this site:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-cruise-terminal-hotels-piazzale-roma.htm

Or use the map feature on the venere site. www.venere.com/venice

Archived