Booking Ideas. 3 + 1 in two rooms. Liberty of the Seas.

Wisdom

Your thought on the best way to book two rooms. I'm traveling with my DW, DD and my DD's boyfriend. What room would suggest for the three of us and just the one of him?

Do you know of any promenade rooms that sleep 3? I know the family suite does, but I dont need one that large.

Thank you in advance.

Your thought on the best way to book two rooms. I'm traveling with my DW, DD and my DD's boyfriend. What room would suggest for the three of us and just the one of him?

Do you know of any promenade rooms that sleep 3? I know the family suite does, but I dont need one that large.

Thank you in advance.

I believe that every promenade cabin has only two berths, except for those family suites.

If you are willing to do the interior route, there are lots of connecting cabins. Same for oceanviews.

If you three want a balcony and want to get an oceanview nearby, 7708 & 7702 is a good combination. 7708 is a regular E cabin size, but with a HUGE corner aft balcony.

Likewise, if you can nab 1700 or 1400, these are oversized D cabins, almost as much square footage as a Junior Suite, and interiors and oceanviews are right nearby.

Check out the deck plans for yourself: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=10&shipCode=LB&shipProfile=1439&sailDate=1120908&hasNavigation=false

you actually end up almost paying for 5 people. Best bet is to find a triple cabin next to or adjoining with a double but book as two doubles. It will be cheaper overall. Just make sure your one cabin technically has 3 beds. A good TA will know how to book this. RCCL should be able to help you with this as well.

Thank you both. DD's boyfriend is 20 so he would be able to stay in the stateroom alone.

I'll check out those staterooms :)

I believe that you need to be 21 to book a cruise on your own, which is what a single looks like, regardless of who is paying, unless he is related to you.

It is 21.

This is what I would do. Book you and DD BF into one cabin, then book DD and DW into another (make sure it has a couch bed or pull down). When you get on board, yourself into DW/DD your cabin, or just get an extra key to get into DW/DD cabin. Then you have the means to access that other cabin should you ever need to, you save money, AND your comfortable the entire trip.

Good luck!

Perfect. Thank you both.

I will book my wife and I into each room and just plan on my DD sleeping on the couch in our room. :)

By the way. I have Royal Caribbean checking on the Ben and Jerry's room for me. Might be fun to stay in.

Perfect. Thank you both.

I will book my wife and I into each room and just plan on my DD sleeping on the couch in our room. :)

By the way. I have Royal Caribbean checking on the Ben and Jerry's room for me. Might be fun to stay in.

She doesn't have to sleep on a couch. They will be happy to book two people into a cabin with three berths. Your choices will be a pullman bed or a sofabed for the 3rd passenger.

:)

We're looking at adjoining Promenade rooms. I think those are only 2 per room. I think....

Correct - as I stated in post #2. :)

But why make your daughter sleep on a little couch?

Usually Promenade cabins are just a few dollars less than oceanviews.

I think the total runs about $500 over the length of the cruise.

But I will look into it a bit more.

I'm just wondering if my and I would fit into one of the double beds and let my DD have the other.

The couch in the promenade rooms are not full size. I wouldn't want to sleep on one of those :eek: Also, the rooms have 2 twin or 1 bigger (queen?) bed if they are pushed together. They don't have 2 double beds. I think 3 in a promenade room is going to be very tight. There's barely any room to walk at the end of the bed. :rolleyes: You might want to look at other options :D

Not sure what ship you're looking at but the Freedom class ships have family promenade rooms. You might want to check those out.

They aren't married.

But that would not preclude them sharing a cabin. Unless you just don't trust them to keep it honest. The beds do separate and the bathroom does have a door for privacy and clothing changes.

For that matter, if you and wife were planning on sharing with your daughter you would be making use of the same principle with her. I assume you were not planning on sharing a bed or shower time with her when she was in your cabin....;):p:D

I'm pretty much in agreement with you both. It started out with my DW, DD and DS, but it changed to my son not going and having my DD's boyfriend join us.

I don't want to pay the higher fee for the 3 in a room.

Or with connecting PR cabins you could keep door open at night (to ensure hormones are kept in check - with DD and BF in came cabin with beds apart.

Then she could even change and shower in your cabin with connecting door shut if you would feel more comfortable with that as you would be sharing a bathroom with her if she were staying in your cabin anyway. But just for convenience I would probably have her use bathroom in her and BF cabin.

I would choose this option before doing the 3/1 deal in two double cabins.

Really.

If you get connecting rooms, you really have one big room with 4 beds, everyone has their own bed, when tired, find your bed, and go to sleep.

Or, maybe get a balcony and an inside across the hall, get extra keys, use the balcony room during the day/early evening .... and again, when tired, find your bed and call it a day.

Archived