Reflection Aqua Class Suites

Ercohn

Anyone have any information about cabin locations for the Reflection specifically Aqua Class Suites. I know this is a new type of cabin, and there is not many details out there as of yet.

Should I be concerned that these cabins are under the pool deck. I booked 2154 which looks as if it is on the hump on the right side. I want to ensure we have the ideal location given the price.

Thanks,

Erica

Anyone have any information about cabin locations for the Reflection specifically Aqua Class Suites. I know this is a new type of cabin, and there is not many details out there as of yet.

Should I be concerned that these cabins are under the pool deck. I booked 2154 which looks as if it is on the hump on the right side. I want to ensure we have the ideal location given the price.

Thanks,

Erica

You should be OK. According to the deck plans, you are right under the end where the pool chairs are located. You might hear some chairs shuffling in the AM or in the evening while they are being stacked or set out, so if you are a light sleeper, you might want to change. If you can get 2160 or 2162, that would be a better location if you are annoyed by a little bit of noise here & there. 2163 or 2165 on the Port side.

We were in an AQ cabin in that area on the angle and not really bothered, but that was on a transatlantic, and the pool wasn't used that much.

I have portside AS2163 on the 11/18/12 Reflection TA, and am considering requesting a change because of all I've read on the boards about being on the port side below the smoking area on the pool deck above. Have had this problem on the Connie with smoke wafting up to our Deck 6 SS from the promonade deck and down to our Deck 11 AC from the pool deck on the Eclipse. A little chair scraping we can tolerate, but DH and I cannot abide cigarette smoke odor and would hate to not be able to use our veranda. Should probably have considered that earlier on. When I booked, I thought from the deck plan that we were farther forward than we probably are. Maybe starboard would be better, but we have to balance this against the lure of daytime sun and sunset cocktails on the veranda, which we have read that we can anticipate on a westbound TA. Our cabin is on the flat part of the hump, which means it has no overhang above and is directly below the edge of the deck above. Wine-O, I believe you are on the same itinerary. Since this expanded S-class ship has yet to carry paying passengers, I'm just wondering, do you have some inside info about cabins 2163 and 2165? I hope that doesn't come off as confrontational... and I suppose cigarette odor carries far differently than chair noise. Maybe this is not so much of a problem since the ship will be moving more often than not with such a sea-day intensive schedule? There are still a lot of AS cabins available and we can move either farther forward on the port side or switch to starboard, losing the sun. What to do, what to do?

Just wanted to add that being close to the spa is not as great as it sounds. People tend to congregate in the reception area and talk loudly. Sometimes it is the staff that is the loudest (!) BTW, same is true of the relaxation room, which at the outset of the Aquaclass concept, was supposed to be reserved for Aquaclass guests, but it is used as a holding area for people waiting for spa services. Staff members come in and interview clients prior to treatments, the clients talk amongst themselves, and pretty soon you may as well be up on the pool deck.

I have portside AS2163 on the 11/18/12 Reflection TA, and am considering requesting a change because of all I've read on the boards about being on the port side below the smoking area on the pool deck above. Have had this problem on the Connie with smoke wafting up to our Deck 6 SS from the promonade deck and down to our Deck 11 AC from the pool deck on the Eclipse. A little chair scraping we can tolerate, but DH and I cannot abide cigarette smoke odor and would hate to not be able to use our veranda. Should probably have considered that earlier on. When I booked, I thought from the deck plan that we were farther forward than we probably are. Maybe starboard would be better, but we have to balance this against the lure of daytime sun and sunset cocktails on the veranda, which we have read that we can anticipate on a westbound TA. Our cabin is on the flat part of the hump, which means it has no overhang above and is directly below the edge of the deck above. Wine-O, I believe you are on the same itinerary. Since this expanded S-class ship has yet to carry paying passengers, I'm just wondering, do you have some inside info about cabins 2163 and 2165? I hope that doesn't come off as confrontational... and I suppose cigarette odor carries far differently than chair noise. Maybe this is not so much of a problem since the ship will be moving more often than not with such a sea-day intensive schedule? There are still a lot of AS cabins available and we can move either farther forward on the port side or switch to starboard, losing the sun. What to do, what to do?

No, we're on the Equinox this year, on Reflection next year.

Yes, you are right below the port side smoking area. I've heard of smoke rising up, but never down. I guess maybe you could be affected by a funnel wind of smoke heading your way. If you are that sensitive to smoke and don't mind a little deck chair noise, you might want to shift to the starboard side. I've found not a lot of use of the pool area crossing the pond as it will be windy and chilly.

What are the benefits of an AQU Suite if anyone in any Suite can have breakfast in BLU, as well as dinner in BLU on a space available basis and not pay the $5.00 per person surcharge?

What are the additional benefits besides the loungers, assuming there is a significant price differance?

JADE: You will get water in your room, a scented diffuser and access to the Persian Gardens. That's about all.

Thanks. Once they lifted the extra $5.00 per person for Suite guests to dine in BLU I wasn't sure of the other benefits. I also find it hard to imagine they would deny entrance to Suite guests.

So, the Suites do not come with bottled water? (We were in a Suite earlier this year and do not remember any).

I seem to remember having to purchase bottled water in October '11 when we were in a sky suite on the Constellation. In AQ on Eclipse Jan. '11, we had bottled water and a carafe of flavored tea refreshed each day, plus the Persian Garden and BLU. Back then PG and BLU were restricted to AQ, and to suite guests, space permitting, by reservation. Since then, it sounds like the AQ perks are available to anyone who asks. We like the extra space of a sky suite, and at the time we booked the 11/18/12 TA, a senior rate made the AQ suite less costly than the SS, so we went with that. I do prefer dining in BLU, just hope we can get in at a time we would normally dine, now that the fee is waived. Not sure I would pay more for the AS than the SS.

I seem to remember having to purchase bottled water in October '11 when we were in a sky suite on the Constellation. In AQ on Eclipse Jan. '11, we had bottled water and a carafe of flavored tea refreshed each day, plus the Persian Garden and BLU. Back then PG and BLU were restricted to AQ, and to suite guests, space permitting, by reservation. Since then, it sounds like the AQ perks are available to anyone who asks. We like the extra space of a sky suite, and at the time we booked the 11/18/12 TA, a senior rate made the AQ suite less costly than the SS, so we went with that. I do prefer dining in BLU, just hope we can get in at a time we would normally dine, now that the fee is waived. Not sure I would pay more for the AS than the SS.

Persian Gardens have never been solely for AQ patrons, others can use it for a fee, has always been that way. Blu is expanded on the Reflection and there have been cases where Suite passengers were denied entrance.

Archived