Thank you my wonderful PCC!

daffodiliaz

I take back anything mean I may have said about him in the past. He just went ahead an made my day. I've just been kicking myself for being cheap and booking an OV, having previously sailed in balcony cabins on our 2 previous NCL cruises. I was having booker's remorse. :mad: So, I call my PCC to order a couple Bon Voyage items and after that I just throw out there how mad I am at myself for not booking a balcony. (This is on Jewel 5-day pacific coastal in 2 weeks.) Before I can even say I'd be willing to pay for the upgrade, he puts me on hold for a few minutes, then comes back with a complimentary upgrade. :eek: I was NOT expecting that. Brought tears to my eyes. From O1 to BA and even on the side I want. I won't even be disappointed that it's a connecting cabin. Not only was this complimentary, he managed to secure our HSN OBC and not mess up our hotel package. Would I could tell you his name. LOVE HIM! xoxo LOL I'm obsessive about checking for price drops and this sailing dropped between this AM and PM. Need. A. Vacation. Sorry for long post. Just so happy. :D

So happy for you! I always think... could save a few bucks and not book that balcony... then... NO! We love a balcony cabin.

Tried to get the latest perks package of wine, choc strawberries and a free dinner for our upcoming Breakaway cruise. But, alas. Adding those perks would have also increased the price of the cruise by $170 and delete $50 in OBC! No deal.

I was hoping the TA would just throw something in... also no luck.:D:D You must just live right!

I'm still happy happy about my balcony, but it's less exciting now. When I got the "complimentary" upgrade, that BA was actually being sold on NCL.com for $40 more per person. A couple days later, earlier today, that BA was the same price as we had paid for our O1.

I think in the future I will book a less expensive category and hope I can upgrade when prices drop closer to sail date. To this day I am still annoyed that a few years ago I paid $150/pp to upgrade to a balcony on our cruise to Alaska, lost some OBC, and within a week or two the price dropped. If only I had waited just a little longer. Live and learn.

BTW, anyone solo travellers out there, on the Jewel and Pearl Pacific Coastal this month the single supplement is pricing at 150% instead of the usual 200%. If the same is true next year I may just have to try my first solo trip!

Good to hear. We considered doing this cruise as were are doing the Panama canal cruise after you get off, but the dog sitter wasn't available! We did it the other direction a few years ago and had a ball. I'll wave to you as you are getting off. Have fun!

Archived