Obstructed views

Jenn31708

We are booked in 2 Junior Suited on the Explorer. I heard somewhere about obstructed views in a lot of JS. I'm a little concerned about paying extra for a larger room, only to get an obstructed view.

Does anyone know specifically about 9538 or 9258? Thanks!!

We are booked in 2 Junior Suited on the Explorer. I heard somewhere about obstructed views in a lot of JS. I'm a little concerned about paying extra for a larger room, only to get an obstructed view.

The only obstructed JS views I am aware of on Explorer are 9554 and 9254. There is a section of pipes running vertically in the middle of the balcony and it takes away about 3' of the view.

The only obstructed JS views I am aware of on Explorer are 9554 and 9254. There is a section of pipes running vertically in the middle of the balcony and it takes away about 3' of the view.

I've seen pics of those rooms, I would not be happy with that!! :mad:

I'm just hoping that our rooms are ok. Thanks

If there's an obstructed view, it will list it on the RCI website when you are selecting your cabin. We have had JS 9618 and 9628 on EOS, hump cabins and they were great. Close to the elevators and stairs.

If there's an obstructed view, it will list it on the RCI website when you are selecting your cabin. We have had JS 9618 and 9628 on EOS, hump cabins and they were great. Close to the elevators and stairs.

We booked with a TA. Nice lady, but she knew very little about RCCL

Don't know the answer to this question but if you log on to DeckPlanGenius.com you will be able to find the cruise line, a particular ship and it will give you information on all the deck plans with detailed information about the best/worst cabins/restricted views/possible noise factors and there are photos in a lot of cases. Might help you decide. Personally I would prefer to go for a D2 Balcony mid-ship but this is mainly because as a solo traveller the other grades would work out too costly with the single supplements :eek:

Good Luck with your selection

Suron (Bristol, UK)

Archived