Dress Code for 4 night cruise

Little London

My brother has booked a 4 night cruise in November and my sister in law wants to know what the dress code will be for the 4 nights. I have never been on one that short so I can't help him, can anybody help out. Many thanks.

The first and last nights will be elegant casual, the others may be 1 semi formal and 1 formal or 2 semi formal. I think that they will try to fit in a formal evening.

The first and last nights will be elegant casual, the others may be 1 semi formal and 1 formal or 2 semi formal. I think that they will try to fit in a formal evening.

We did a 4 nighter to Hamburg and back and had our formal night on the last night. The semi-formal was the second night, the other two were elegant casual.

We did a four night cruise in June - it was advertised as 2 semi formal and 2 elegant casual nights. However, when we were on board one of the semi formal nights was changed to 'optional formal'. This seems to be a frequent thing and people were certainly prepared for it as most people wore formal wear.

We did a four night cruise in June - it was advertised as 2 semi formal and 2 elegant casual nights. However, when we were on board one of the semi formal nights was changed to 'optional formal'. This seems to be a frequent thing and people were certainly prepared for it as most people wore formal wear.

Couldn't agree more. If there are no formal nights listed, but there are semi-formal nights, chances are, once on board, one will become an "optional formal" evening. As you point out many, many passengers take their formal wear in anticipation of this & I'd always pack my dinner suit just in case, regardless of the dress code published in advance.

We have just done a 4 night cruise to Amsterdam and Brugge on the Queen Victoria. We had 3 Elegant Casual nights and 1 Semi-formal Night. Most people seemed to dress up on all nights, and there was a mixture of lounge suits and tuxedo's on the semi formal night. Plenty of long dresses on all 4 nights, with a more dressy one on the semi formal night.

YOUR ITINERARY

16-November-2012

QUEEN MARY 2 : SOUTHAMPTON

Embark

Evening Dress Code: Elegant Casual

17-November-2012

QUEEN MARY 2 : AT SEA

Evening Dress Code: Semi Formal

18-November-2012

QUEEN MARY 2 : LE HAVRE

In Port

Arrive early morning/Depart early evening