Oasis - Deck 3 Oceanview Stateroom

kazda

Hi,

Hoping I can get any info on Oasis - Oceanview Staterooms located on Deck 3.

Hubby won a cruise sailing on december 7th 2013 playing In the poker tournament from our sailing last month.

We were told we could upgrade the cabin, however as we are traveling from Australia we have to factor in the airfares also so probably won't take the upgrade offer.

On our last cruise we were in a Cabin with larger balcony D1 grade on deck 11, however we did not utilize the balcony other than to dry washing as we were too busy on deck.

So would love to hear any thoughts (good and bad) from people that that've stayed on deck 3.

Hi,

Hoping I can get any info on Oasis - Oceanview Staterooms located on Deck 3.

Hubby won a cruise sailing on december 7th 2013 playing In the poker tournament from our sailing last month.

We were told we could upgrade the cabin, however as we are traveling from Australia we have to factor in the airfares also so probably won't take the upgrade offer.

On our last cruise we were in a Cabin with larger balcony D1 grade on deck 11, however we did not utilize the balcony other than to dry washing as we were too busy on deck.

So would love to hear any thoughts (good and bad) from people that that've stayed on deck 3.

If you are from NSW of Australia, you must love those schooners on the ship.

I figure you are going to have to pay for the taxes and port charges for the two of you, probably going to be around $300, i believe the upgrade to a balcony is going to cost you around another $300.

If you are not going to use the balcony much, then go for the free cabin, why not, I have heard of ppl on the ship that they are enjoying it as much as others since they are rarely in the cabin.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies.

Chicagocrooza, Is your estimation of $300 for taxes etc and $300.00 for an upgrade to a balcony the total for 2 people or $300.00 each ?

If we were to upgrade it would have to be to an oceanview room, as we're not keen on the balconies overlooking the boardwalk or central park.

I'm going on an oasis cruise soon and have tried to read as much as possible in advance. I did read one review that said to be careful about deck 3 because of the noise. I'm sorry, I wish I could go back and find it for you but I don't see it at the moment. Clearly as per above statements it doesn't affect all cabins on deck 3. But it's free and that's fabulous, lol:-):D

I'm going on an oasis cruise soon and have tried to read as much as possible in advance. I did read one review that said to be careful about deck 3 because of the noise. I'm sorry, I wish I could go back and find it for you but I don't see it at the moment. Clearly as per above statements it doesn't affect all cabins on deck 3. But it's free and that's fabulous, lol:-):D

I checked with someone who I know who was on deck 3 on Oasis and was told noise was no issue at all.

we were on the Oasis last year in a cabin on deck 3 and loved it!!! we were also concerned about noise, but heard nothing, have a great cruise and hope your husband wins big in the poker tournment!!

Picked up a brochure from TA and just realised that Oceanview staterooms are also located AFT on decks 7,8,9,10,11 and not just on deck 3.

If I confirm our booking early enough I'm hoping we can choose our deck

preference.....any thoughts on the AFT Oceanview rooms on decks 7 to 11 would be greatly appreciated.

Archived