Price for single cabin?

jocelysue

Quote from RCCL "All prices are per-person, based on a double occupancy of the stateroom and are quoted in U.S. Dollars unless otherwise noted. The cruise fares quoted also do not include any applicable government taxes, fees, or surcharges that may be assessed by any governmental agencies".

While paying for the double occupancy they should also give you two chairs at the MDR so you can at least waste the food that you are paying for or eat it if you can.

:D I like that, I cruise solo sometimes, I'm a loser baby :eek: :D

No, it's just me feeling sorry for myself when I don't have anyone to cruise with. :) I actually like cruising solo for the most part--I like being on my own schedule and doing my own thing. Having to pay a lot more for my cabin just seems like yet another reminder that I don't have a "+1"---whether it's a significant other, or just one of my girlfriends to cruise with. Cruising is my preferred way to vacation, but if I'm doing it alone, I will probably have to take shorter ones and do less "extra" stuff since it will cost me more.

Have never seen 300% - that would be more than the standard double occupancy! Typically is up to double the pp price less taxes and port charges from the second fare.

We book RCCL because they have really good solo prices on some cruises (sure - depending on how they sell.....).

This year we were on Brilliance for less than 25 % surcharge.

In my opinion RCCL is more solo cruiser friendly than other cruise lines.

HAL (which I would prefer) sometimes doesn´t accept solo cruisers - unless you are willing to pay twice the price... not enough onboard revenue....

NCL never charge less than 200 %, and has very often a 300 % rate for solo cruisers - they do not allow to book the cheaper categories - so you end to pay twice the price of the more expensive cabin...

And - they include all charges and fees and double it!

For example: cheapest balcony 800 $ p.p. double (maybe a guarantee)

If you change request into 1 person: cheapest available balcony: 2200 $....

NCL want to sell their "Studio inside cabins" - if you want to have a view NCL is the worst company for solo cruisers....

(I really really would like to travel again with them - but i found their solo cruiser policy so discriminatory, that I refuse to book any cruise with NCL)

Wendy

We book RCCL because they have really good solo prices on some cruises (sure - depending on how they sell.....).

HAL (which I would prefer) sometimes doesn´t accept solo cruisers - unless you are willing to pay twice the price... not enough onboard revenue....

NCL never charge less than 200 %, and has very often a 300 % rate for solo cruisers - they do not allow to book the cheaper categories - so you end to pay twice the price of the more expensive cabin...

NCL want to sell their "Studio inside cabins" - if you want to have a view NCL is the worst company for solo cruisers....

(I really really would like to travel again with them - but i found their solo cruiser policy so discriminatory, that I refuse to book any cruise with NCL)

Wendy

OK so if I am understanding you correctly, NCL generates the 300% not by trippling a given published rate but by limiting the available categories for single cruisers to higher / premium staterooms whose rates start higher than the lower categories. If so, that would be one good reason to not cruise as a solo with them!

Wendy

WOW! What a seriously stupid policy. One more reason for me to not like NCL.

OK so if I am understanding you correctly, NCL generates the 300% not by trippling a given published rate but by limiting the available categories for single cruisers to higher / premium staterooms whose rates start higher than the lower categories. If so, that would be one good reason to not cruise as a solo with them!

Yes - you understand absolutely correctly.

The only solo cruiser friendly categorie at NCL is their "Studio-Cabin" on Epic - smaller insides. These cabins were never planned as single cabins - but they were so small (and just insides), that they decided to put just 1 smaller queen size bed in the cabins and have an additional "Studio lounge" and sell these cabins als single-cabins without any additional surcharge.

If you are an "inside"-cruiser - these cabins can be a good deal.

If you want to book seaview cabins or balcony or a higher categorie you are not a preferred guest....

Wendy

Yes - you understand absolutely correctly.

The only solo cruiser friendly categorie at NCL is their "Studio-Cabin" on Epic - smaller insides. These cabins were never planned as single cabins - but they were so small (and just insides), that they decided to put just 1 smaller queen size bed in the cabins and have an additional "Studio lounge" and sell these cabins als single-cabins without any additional surcharge.

If you are an "inside"-cruiser - these cabins can be a good deal.

If you want to book seaview cabins or balcony or a higher categorie you are not a preferred guest....

Wendy

If I were a solo cruiser I would rather pay 200% on (for instance) RCI and pick the stateroom I want at a lower total cost for all but the suite level staterooms. Even those would probably be comparable the final cost that NCL would charge! As another poster said - sounds like a stupid policy and a reason (based on customer insensitivity) that I would stay away from them altogether!

Archived