MDR Attire When It's Brunch?

lopat08865

I'd expect that people dressed more casually for breakfast and lunch than they did for dinner. Well now that there's no separate breakfast seating, and no separate lunch seating, now that its just a single Brunch seating, will people still dress the same?

Maybe it's just me, but if they've downgraded [which is what they are doing by going from 2 separate meals to just one] then I'm not sure I want to go out of my way to dress up for the brunch, even though it's in the MDR.

How casually did you dress before, and will you change now that's it's just brunch? Inquiring minds -- and SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED -- want to know ;)

Personally, I would love to have brunch in the MDR lieu of a separate breakfast and lunch. Breakfast in the MDR is one of my cruise favorites, but when I am on vacation, I like to sleep in. I would much rather have brunch at, say 11:00, forgo lunch, and have an early dinner in the MDR.

I think that you wear thongs :eek: is a bit TMI for me, LOL

Reminds me of the high school principal telling all the graduating senior girls that the dress code for the ceremonies would be strictly adhered to or you will not get your diploma. All girls were to wear dresses and no thongs allowed. And I quote, "I will check to make sure that each and everyone of you are not wearing thongs!" The class sponser, a much younger teacher, quickly piped in "he means flip flops, do not wear flip flops!" Had to have been there....:)

We wear shorts too to the MDR for breakfast and lunch.

I think that you wear thongs :eek: is a bit TMI for me, LOL

:DLOL, I hope this post is about flip flops - I remember calling flip flops thongs way back when I was a kid.- centuries ago.

To the OP: I am thinking shorts & t shirts will be fine for brunch in MDR. I know I have worn mine for breakfast or lunch- haven't done brunch yet.

Reminds me of the high school principal telling all the graduating senior girls that the dress code for the ceremonies would be strictly adhered to or you will not get your diploma. All girls were to wear dresses and no thongs allowed. And I quote, "I will check to make sure that each and everyone of you are not wearing thongs!" The class sponser, a much younger teacher, quickly piped in "he means flip flops, do not wear flip flops!" Had to have been there....:)

We wear shorts too to the MDR for breakfast and lunch.

Omg- good story.

Had the brunch on the Breeze. No need to dress up at all, very informal, some people were coming in straight from their cabins for 'breakfast', others after swimming or sunning for 'lunch', so shorts, t-shirts, sun dresses are all fine, as are flip flops, crocs (:eek:), plimsoles and so on. Just be cool, comfortable amd enjoy, you're on holiday!:D

(Oh, and bear with the comedian, he's only on for a few minutes!!!)

Archived