Answer from JH re: Early room access on non-FTTF ships

Scott34787

I would bet he's changing his tune as it's probably a fleetwide thing to have platinum/diamond rooms ready first now in an effort to have a smoother transition to a fleetwide FTTF program...again just an assumption

I agree - available but not widely advertised until

FTTF is in place on al ships.

Hi Peggisue - It's Faster to the Fun. Here's the link with the details:

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/101031

And Peggiesue, you will be able to free of charge as all Platinums/Diamonds get all the FTTF perks included now. BUT, it's not fleetwide yet. Only available on two ships out of Miami, I believe.

Housekeeping had rules which stated that Platinum cabins are done first. If the guests were still in the cabin by 9am, they were to get their Supervisor to ask the guests to wait elsewhere.

Good to know - looks like being Platinum also means

you are also automatically enrolled in GYBOOTR -

"Get Your Butt Out of the Room!"

New day different answer, today he said the platinums and diamonds can only go to their cabins on the ships that use the FTTF in place. No wonder people get so confused about the rules they change daily, and no I am not a JH hater, I'm just saying yesterday he said all ships, today he's saying just the ships with the FTTF.

I missed this. Was this on his facebook page? If you

have a link, please post!

ohn Heald Its only those ships that have the Faster to the Fun that have the new manning to allow this to hapopen and to get all the Diamond, Platinum and indeed those that bought the FTTF program. We dont have this manning on the other ships but iof and when we do add this to other ships then we will offer our VIP guests the chance to go straight to their state rooms. I will keep you informed. cheers Janice.

I couldn't post the link but it was about an hour ago. To someone named Janice asking him about this.

This is nothing against anyone who has gone to their room to drop off anything. DW and I have been Platinum for quite a while, and we have never gone to our room before the announcement if the corridor doors are closed. If open, then we have dropped off items. Never officially or otherwise considered it a perk. As for JH, I also am not a hater, but place no credence in any of his "brilliant" answers.

New day different answer, today he said the platinums and diamonds can only go to their cabins on the ships that use the FTTF in place. No wonder people get so confused about the rules they change daily, and no I am not a JH hater, I'm just saying yesterday he said all ships, today he's saying just the ships with the FTTF.

Except for Sargent Shultz.

I am posting this from John's Facebook page yesterday.

You can make of it what you will. I don't think he is saying that Platinum or Diamond can do this unless the FTTF is in effect, but YMMV.

John,

I noticed this morning that once again someone asked if Platinum members can go to their cabins right after boarding to drop off their carryons even if the FTTF isn't in effect on their ship. Gina said yes as the Platinum cabins are cleaned first. You said yes, for the most part. I am confused by this in that a couple of weeks ago you told me no. Is this now a change? We'd love to drop our things off as DH uses a walker and I am the one who has to carry everything, lol. I know that once the FTTF is implemented, we can drop our stuff, but I am wondering about Dream in particular. We aren't sailing until November so perhaps the FTTF will be in place by then, but just in case it isn't, I'd love to know. Thanks and love your picture with Kye.

This is John's answer.

sorry if I have confused you and let me try and explain. The Faster To The Fun program is on two ships, Carnival Imagination and Carnival Liberty and these ships do have the VIP cabins ready first. On all other ships we are trying hard to get all the cabins ready as quickly as possible and if debarkation has gone well then that is something that is possible. This means that with little or no delay we have the cabins ready, this is our goal. I will keep you updated and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. cheers

Yes, that was yesterdays answer, today is a totally different one. This is what I'm talking about guests being confused on the rules when they are given 2 totally different answers 2 days in a row.

QUESTION:

Hi John. I'm a little confused.

Yesterday I asked you if Platinum and Diamond guests could go directly to their staterooms even if the ship did not have FTTF offered. Your answer was for the most part, yes unless there was a disembarkation delay.

Today Janice asked basically the same question but your answer was No, only on FTTF ships ships can Plat&Diamond guests go right to their stateroom.

Not trying to bust your chops, just looking for some clarification.

My apologizes if I missed something along the way (not the first time that has happened!)

Thank you for your time.

JOHN HEALD:

OK, maybe I mistyped so please allow me to apologise and start again.

The only ships where this is confirmed are the Carnival Imagination and Carnival Liberty. here the cabins will be guranteed to be ready when the VIPs and FTTF guests walk...

on the ship. Now on the rest of the fleet we have a different manning amount and we cant gurantee that they will be ready.

However, we will attempt to have the VIP cabins ready first and often we are able to have them ready when embar starts or just after but the only ships that this is guranteed on are the two I just mentioned. I hope this is clear and my apologies if I did not make it so in my last post. Thanks

So it looks like you can on non-FTTF ships - it's just not guaranteed to be ready.

And kudos to John for the fast reply - less than 5 minutes!

I take my stuff to the cabin as soon as I can also. I always feel a bit guilty about it sneaking in the halls. Sometimes the doors to the halls are locked but most often just closed. My cabin has always been ready. I usually find the door open. I try to find the steward so no one goes in there thinking they found a lot of stuff left by last passenger and gets rid of it all!

We aren't platinum but were able to get into our cabin around noon on our cruise on the Victory this year. We were on the spa deck and it looked like all the cabins were ready on our side of the ship.

This is nothing against anyone who has gone to their room to drop off anything. DW and I have been Platinum for quite a while, and we have never gone to our room before the announcement if the corridor doors are closed. If open, then we have dropped off items. Never officially or otherwise considered it a perk. As for JH, I also am not a hater, but place no credence in any of his "brilliant" answers.

As long as our cabin is done, there is no harm or extra work for steward so why not.

There has been a sort of open secret that platinum rooms are finished first, so for past year or so we just go straight thru the closed doors to our cabin.

12 oclock when we do this nobody has ever stopped us and our cabins have always been finished and ready.

I am Platinum and have done this too. True, nobody stopped us, but our room wasn't ready. When we got to our cabin, the door was still wide open and while the bed was made, it was evident that the bathroom hadn't been done yet.

Since then, I have opted not to go straight to our room upon boarding, but reading this makes it seem like we are perfectly in our right to do so.

Archived